Are Horror figures gonna get left behind?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
No doubt...Sideshow has given us horror fans a true dream come true with all of the fantastic Universal figures and all of the great Freddy and Jason figures. But are Horror figures slowly dying out? I love getting all of the Jason figures and hope they put one out for every movie but what about other characters or licenses? Who would not KILL for a Tall Man from Sideshow? Correct me if I'm wrong but there have been no other horror figures other than Freddy and Jason since the Leatherface of a few years ago? Ooops...minus The Dead of course.
Since Sideshow has snagged the Star Wars license and just announced the LOTR license is there room for any new Horror figures? Will SS attempt to score any new movie licenses or extend previous lines to include other figures? While I won't be picking up any Star Wars or LOTR figures I'm happy for fans who have been waiting for SS to do them justice.....just don't forget us Horror fans.............PLEASE........................................Larry

I'm more worried about the Universal Monsters line.

We've seen over 10 times more Horror figures than Monster figures in the last year. :( Don't get me wrong, I love the Horror line but it's in nowhere near as dead as the Universal line.

I was kinda worried about the same thing, knewby. The Tall Man is a must. I'm also really hoping for another stab (no pun intended) at Michael Michael Myers.

I guess I'm out of lurk mode now, so, uh, hi!

:welcome Kabukiman!

I'm not a huge horror fan, I do think there are some vintage Universal monsters they should still do, but I'm more excited about the new stuff. I think we might see something from them out of modern horror, but SSC doesn't have a history of going after a license that would only be viable for one figure like Phantasm would be. However we know it's possible since a new small figure just came out.

Darklord Dave said:
I think we might see something from them out of modern horror, but SSC doesn't have a history of going after a license that would only be viable for one figure like Phantasm would be.

But I only recall one Halloween figure. [sadly]

I'm not sure who owns the rights to Halloween now. I was under the impression that it fell under the New Line license, but I could be wrong.

More 1/4 horror!

Where is Myers, Leatherface, and Pinhead?

Howzabout some House of 1000 Corpses/The Devils Rejects 12"?
I needs me some Capt. Spaulding, Otis, Baby, Tiny, Rufus, Charlie Altamont and Clevon, Sheriff Wydell.

Gruson said:
More 1/4 horror!

Where is Myers, Leatherface, and Pinhead?
exactly.

it'd be cool if they produced some characters from independent horror films like Haute Tension, or the girl from Audition or maybe some Argento stuff.

Id buy Corpses/Rejects stuff too.

only 1/4 scale everythign though

Dimension is the licensor for Halloween. I'd love to see Sideshow do the Ghostface from Scream, actually, that'd be cool.

Tallman's just one figure but I doubt Phantasm would be a pricey license. They could also use the hobbit bodies to make the little dwarves from Phantasm.

I guess I should have specified in the heading that I meant 1/6 scale figures. The premium format figures are nice but too expensive and I'm running out of room fast. I would love to see a premium format Leatherface...that would be awesome.....................Larry

I'm with you dude, give us some new 1/6 scale horror movie figures. I'm not saying get rid of Jason or Freddy, just give us more stuff.

I doubt we'll get the cyborg Jason because Jason X is coming with the space machete. Tom said that they will never reuse exclusive accessories because they are meant to be exclusive. Maybe a bloody variant (or non-bloody) could get around this rule.

I'd like a better Myers and a Loomis to go with him. A Norman Bates would be cool too.

Buttmunch said:
I doubt we'll get the cyborg Jason because Jason X is coming with the space machete. Tom said that they will never reuse exclusive accessories because they are meant to be exclusive. Maybe a bloody variant (or non-bloody) could get around this rule.

I'd like a better Myers and a Loomis to go with him. A Norman Bates would be cool too.

I'd take a Norman and a Loomis too.

Howzabout Bub from day of the Dead? or Big Daddy from Land of the Dead?
A Leprechaun, some Deadites from Evil dead or AOD, Cenobites, The Crow,
Candyman?

C'mon the possibilitys are endless!

I would be all over a Sideshow Loomis! Also, it would be a dream come true if Sideshow were to do Hellraiser Cenobites.

Kabukiman said:
I would be all over a Sideshow Loomis! Also, it would be a dream come true if Sideshow were to do Hellraiser Cenobites.

I'm also surprised that Sideshow hasn't gotten the Hellraiser license. That would for sure be a HUGE seller. Much bigger than Phantasm or Halloween. Just my 2 cents.

sideshowpdx said:
I'm also surprised that Sideshow hasn't gotten the Hellraiser license. That would for sure be a HUGE seller. Much bigger than Phantasm or Halloween. Just my 2 cents.

ye but Halloween's better! Jamie Lee Curtis figure would be great with Myers:D

Back