PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

EVILFACE
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Cover Girl would be easy to do. And SS could offer both a brown short hair and a long blonde hair sculpts.

spazzy
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I want a covergirl like this one:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i1petd.jpg

Females are a must in the Joe line.

thenammagazine
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I want a covergirl like this one:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i1petd.jpg

Females are a must in the Joe line.

Is that Cover Girl or Scarlett? And who's the Forge wannabe standing next to her?

EVILFACE
01-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Man, those devils due comics are such fail. Looks like scarlett and a long black haired snake eyes :dunno

Silent December
01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
lol that's Covergirl and Spirit

thenammagazine
01-25-2010, 11:24 PM
lol that's Covergirl and Spirit

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Deak Starkiller
01-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Is that Cover Girl or Scarlett? And who's the Forge wannabe standing next to her?

:lol For the Forge reference, he sucked.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 12:16 AM
:lol For the Forge reference, he sucked.

If Forge sucked, I guess a Forge wannabe swallows? :lol

spazzy
01-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Scarlet has a more recognizeable costume, not a jacket tight pants and shirt. Guess people got too used to how she was in the movie??

I guess there can only be one red head per license??

Yeah I always hated that costume on Spirit.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Scarlet has a more recognizeable costume, not a jacket tight pants and shirt. Guess people got too used to how she was in the movie??

I guess there can only be one red head per license??

Yeah I always hated that costume on Spirit.

How the ____ should I know who's who with the DDP crap?! :dunno

They took creative license with virtually everything including introducing the fact that Zartan isn't really Zartan, but some schmuck who took over the Dreadnoks for Zartan. Besides, when exactly did Cover Girl get red hair?

spazzy
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/5ecq6x.jpg

some joe fan you are:rolleyes:
j/k :peace
the figure does have a light brown, I always thought it was a reddish color, but maybe it is just the lighting.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2repevb.jpg

But the costume is definitely the same as the cover with some minor upgrades.

I didn't always agree with ddp, but it was a good read for me, I have been following Joe since the Marvel run, and continue to do so with IDW.

Oh and that issue was actually Image, not ddp.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/5ecq6x.jpg

some joe fan you are:rolleyes:
j/k :peace
the figure does have a light brown, I always thought it was a reddish color, but maybe it is just the lighting.

But the costume is definitely the same as the cover with some minor upgrades.

I didn't always agree with ddp, but it was a good read for me, I have been following Joe since the Marvel run, and continue to do so with IDW.

Oh and that issue was actually Image, not ddp.

THIS is cover girl! And she's a brunette.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/covergirl_large.jpghttp://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/covergirl_back.jpg

and:

GI Joe the Real American Hero Volume 2 continues the storyline but starting in 2001. Originally published through Image Comics then switching to Devil's Due Publishing. The series ended in 2005 after 43 issues.
http://www.yojoe.com/comics/index.shtml#image

Same crap... different toilet. Some Joe fan you are. :lol:p

EVILFACE
01-26-2010, 02:26 PM
How the ____ should I know who's who with the DDP crap?! :dunno

They took creative license with virtually everything including introducing the fact that Zartan isn't really Zartan, but some schmuck who took over the Dreadnoks for Zartan. Besides, when exactly did Cover Girl get red hair?

WTF? No wonder that company is almost done for.

THIS is cover girl! And she's a brunette.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/covergirl_large.jpghttp://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/covergirl_back.jpg

and:

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/index.shtml#image

Same crap... different toilet. Some Joe fan you are. :lol:p

Yup, she is not a red head.

Buttmunch
01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
I kind of see a young President Taylor from 24 in that sculpt :lol

http://seat42f.com/images/stories/tvshows/24/Season7/cherry-jones-24-season-7.jpg

spazzy
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
The file card shows different, everyone should know the colors on the figures aren't always accurate, should I say SS costume is yellow because of a few thousand or so that changed, no.
http://i49.tinypic.com/mshugo.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/e0h092.jpg

there is a pretty fine line between the hair color, the filecard shows more of a strawberry blonde or part of the "ginger" species. The original figure which I think is more lighting and fading is a light brown, but then the new pic which is on the same page on yojoe.com shows her hair a bit more reddish.
Then of course the figure and the comic pic is both light brown/auburn and red/orange.

Be what you "think" it is nothing goes through without HAsbro's say so, and they obviously had her as a redhead, now the movie....well let's just not include the movie when talking about ARAH.

Image was to issue 25, then ddp took over and finished that series and continued with America's elite, 50+ issues for them. I do not believe it was garbage, it had alot of fun and interesting stories much like how the Marvel run was, and America's Elite was pretty damn good.

spazzy
01-26-2010, 04:23 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2s61qwn.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/ae05s2.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/zkjuzb.jpg

Wik:
In her appearances following the five episodes of the first G.I. Joe mini-series, Cover Girl's long, blond hair was suddenly short and brownish-red (resembling Scarlett's in color and style, albeit without a ponytail). Her eye color even changed (she now had brown eyes), and she wore a mostly beige uniform with a brown leather jacket. Her personality had changed as well stressing a more tomboy attitude.

In the animated series, Cover Girl was voiced by Liz Aubrey.

Cover Girl also appears in the animated series, G.I. Joe: Resolute, again as a redhead. In the IDW comic series, G.I. Joe, a new Cover Girl debuts in issue #7. In this series, she again has long, blond hair.

So apparantly she can be brownish-red, red, and Blonde.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
You're going to awful lengths to justify being a DDP nut. Regardless of what you say...

1) The figure is always accurate - as that is the main source! When all else fails, go to Hasbro.
2) she has long red hair on the cover of that comic and with as much as DDP bastardized the series, a Scarlett comparison is inevitable.
3) DDP sucks elephant sphincter. :lol

ProgMatinee
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
very boring get up on the original figure IMO. I don;t expect others to feel the same, but for me to buy Cover Girl they would have to come closer to that updated version...again, I don't expect hard core Joe fans to agree.

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
You're going to awful lengths to justify being a DDP nut. Regardless of what you say...

1) The figure is always accurate - as that is the main source! When all else fails, go to Hasbro.
2) she has long red hair on the cover of that comic and with as much as DDP bastardized the series, a Scarlett comparison is inevitable.
3) DDP sucks elephant sphincter. :lol

wow man, mature :rolleyes:

I am a G.I. Joe comic nut, so yes that does include ddp, and image which is the original company I referenced, I have them all. The only comic I still collect, and I had at least 30 titles I was buying at one time.

Well the figure is part of the main source, but I would have to agree more with the file card then, as that was more accurate then a company in china putting the wrong shade of red on thousands of pieces of plastic.

I have no doubt there is a comparison with Scarlett, but any real Joe fan should know that that is not Scarlett, they might not know who Covergirl is, but they would know who Scarlett is.

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
very boring get up on the original figure IMO. I don;t expect others to feel the same, but for me to buy Cover Girl they would have to come closer to that updated version...again, I don't expect hard core Joe fans to agree.

agreed, I am a hardcore fan, and I like the updated version MUCH better, and it isn't like it is so different just a few things here and there.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
wow man, mature :rolleyes:

I am a G.I. Joe comic nut, so yes that does include ddp, and image which is the original company I referenced, I have them all. The only comic I still collect, and I had at least 30 titles I was buying at one time.

Well the figure is part of the main source, but I would have to agree more with the file card then, as that was more accurate then a company in china putting the wrong shade of red on thousands of pieces of plastic.

I have no doubt there is a comparison with Scarlett, but any real Joe fan should know that that is not Scarlett, they might not know who Covergirl is, but they would know who Scarlett is.

DDP Scarlett:

http://www.toydungeon.de/images/gijoe04/scarlettwave1l.jpg

So I'd say even your precious DDP relies on Joe fans thinking Scarlett has long red hair. Easy to make the jump from here to thinking that was Scarlett on the cover because the artist and colorist gave Cover Girl, what? Long red hair. All one has to do is look at the Forge wannabe (Spirit) and see how far they took creative licensing in character redesign. This is why, what I'll call, hardcore Joe fans dismiss the DDP stuff as fanboy garbage.

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
ummm shall I mention Ninja Force??? Star Brigade??

Zartan with a mohawk...or do we get to forget THAT part of Marvel.

Deeznutz6
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
WHo the hell is Hanibal??

We will never see a Cover Girl figure, Id bet on it

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:51 PM
I see ddp, as I see image as I see idw, as I see the Joe movie, as I see Resolute, as I see the original cartoon, as ALL part of G.I. Joe's universe. Just like there have been and still are many different takes on spidey, Batman etc. Hate it or love it, it is there, and I respect that, and that is why for the most part I enjoy all of it.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
ummm shall I mention Ninja Force??? Star Brigade??

Zartan with a mohawk...or do we get to forget THAT part of Marvel.

We forget that part of Marvel/Hasbro and most importantly, never bring it up again. Duh. :lol

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
WHo the hell is Hanibal??

We will never see a Cover Girl figure, Id bet on it

Yeah probably not I was just originally mentioning I would like one as a wish list kind of thing, but it has gotten off track...obviously.

I don't know if I remember correctly but I think Hannibal was part of 8 or 9? clones of Serpentor, he was the first one.

And if that sounds silly, remember Serpentor was a clone of a bunch of dead historical characters. So yeah...:D

spazzy
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
We forget that part of Marvel/Hasbro and most importantly, never bring it up again. Duh. :lol

yeah, but it is there.

I don't agree with alot of what Image and DDP did, but it was just another take, I don't agree with killing off Lady Jaye, but it made Flint into practically the Punisher, nothing to live for, no fear.

If anything ALOT of the designs on the costumes were pretty good updates, I don't remember seeing THAT Scarlett in the books, so I don't know what to say about it, not a fan of the neon era.

The Craw
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
how did all this start in the Corba Throne thread?:lol

spazzy
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I just had a wish for them to make a covergirl in that style!

Sorry :peace

The Craw
01-26-2010, 06:18 PM
no, carry on by all means. i was just wondering how the discussion turned to covergirl.:lol

Buttmunch
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
no, carry on by all means. i was just wondering how the discussion turned to covergirl.:lol

No, no, no. If they want to continue, they can start a Covergirl thread. :tap

The Craw
01-26-2010, 06:35 PM
it doesn't matter. soon this thread will be filled with pics of awesomeness.

Deak Starkiller
01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
If Forge sucked, I guess a Forge wannabe swallows? :lol

That's accurate. :joy

CaptainDinobot
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
On the subject of the Cobra Throne, I am very tempted to buy it, just the price tag is a little high for my wallet right now.

Buttmunch
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Thats what Flex pay is for :D

CaptainDinobot
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Thats what Flex pay is for :D

I was thinking of that to be honest, however I believe the cobra throne is sold out on Sideshow's site.

onethousandmasks
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I was thinking of that to be honest, however I believe the cobra throne is sold out on Sideshow's site.

"Waitlist". It has'nt failed me yet.

Felix
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
On the subject of the Cobra Throne, I am very tempted to buy it, just the price tag is a little high for my wallet right now.

Better now than later.

thenammagazine
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Better now than later.

Beg to differ. Everyone said the same thing about Carbo Han. I wound up picking him up for $126 on a Black Friday sale.

Felix
01-27-2010, 03:45 AM
Beg to differ. Everyone said the same thing about Carbo Han. I wound up picking him up for $126 on a Black Friday sale.

If it's no big deal to you whether or not to get it, then the smart choice is probably to wait it out.
Me, I don't want to take the chance. I've always wanted a Cobra Commander and throne display.

spazzy
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM

BUT there were 2000 Han Carbonite, only 750 CC Thrones, I know there are more SW fans then Joe fans, especially ones that like to actually spend money. But that is a bit of a risk, not saying that it can't happen, just a bit more risk. Haven't seen the Waypoint set on second chance yet.

There are still online retailers that have it less than retail. I like going through SS, one for possible flexpay, and two if anything goes wrong with it, the return/replacement is very easy to do, oh and points is a good thing too.

spazzy
01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
"Waitlist". It has'nt failed me yet.

I seem to have trouble getting converted on a flexpay waitlist more than just a regular waitlist.

I guess they want the money now instead of 2-3 months later.

Buttmunch
01-27-2010, 08:32 AM
You can always have them convert your regular item/waitlist to a Flex Pay. I did that with my throne last week. $100 for 2 months isn't as much of a hit as $200 at once.

spazzy
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
you just have to get the reg order before it ships out, but yes that will work. I flexpay just about everything I order, only way I have been able to get so much lately.

thenammagazine
01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
If it's no big deal to you whether or not to get it, then the smart choice is probably to wait it out.
Me, I don't want to take the chance. I've always wanted a Cobra Commander and throne display.

BUT there were 2000 Han Carbonite, only 750 CC Thrones, I know there are more SW fans then Joe fans, especially ones that like to actually spend money. But that is a bit of a risk, not saying that it can't happen, just a bit more risk. Haven't seen the Waypoint set on second chance yet.

There are still online retailers that have it less than retail. I like going through SS, one for possible flexpay, and two if anything goes wrong with it, the return/replacement is very easy to do, oh and points is a good thing too.

I know. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll still be available down the road and will be able to be picked up via a Hastings code or Black Friday special. Worst case scenario, that's fine anyway as I really don't have room in my collection for a mammoth piece like this anyway, without disrupting the zen of everything else.

The Craw
01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
i'm gonna keep it. even if i can't display it right now. i just think i may regret not getting it and later i'll be kicking myself. i do like my CC standing, but maybe sideshow will release the helmet version too.

ProgMatinee
01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
its funny by the time I wisened up to not being a completist or a "must get it day 1" collector SSC really cut back on their production numbers. most items I want are still available after the fact, but not for as cheap as they used to be.

Deeznutz6
01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
its funny by the time I wisened up to not being a completist or a "must get it day 1" collector SSC really cut back on their production numbers. most items I want are still available after the fact, but not for as cheap as they used to be.

I noticed the same, Im no longer a got to have it now collector of Joe or SW, and I have never missed out on getting anything wanted for cheaper down the road. So I to will take my chances with the Throne also.

spazzy
01-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I am a must have collector of Joe, and I am already behind on the Cobra Officer and Sniper (I get two of each 12")

So I am afraid that if I miss out on the Throne it will take me awhile before I come back to it. Sure it might be cheaper, but being as it is not an exc it isn't that important to me, and lots of things take priority, so better to just keep the order then regret later.

CaptainDinobot
01-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm probably gonna wait for now too, I'm not sure if I want it at $200 right now.

IrishJedi
01-30-2010, 11:04 PM
When is this thing supposed to start processing? I could swear that I got an estimated arrival email a couple of weeks back, but can't find one. ???

GuruAskew
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
If you did Flexpay the first payment came out a couple weeks ago. Even if you didn't got that route I posted about it here so that may be what you're thinking of.

EVILFACE
01-31-2010, 10:29 AM
When is this thing supposed to start processing? I could swear that I got an estimated arrival email a couple of weeks back, but can't find one. ???

It will start processing when we all have 4 figures shipping at the same time.

King Darkness
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
No kidding.

IrishJedi
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
It will start processing when we all have 4 figures shipping at the same time.

Well, that's why I'm curious... because the INDY Fertility Idol and Indy w/ Fridge are both supposed to ship this week. So, I'm expecting the same with this. :duh

King Darkness
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Cobra throne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Old Indy & fridge

IrishJedi
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Cobra throne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Old Indy & fridge

I'm not disputing that, but I'm still getting both. :huh

Sideshow is just crazy about shipping a bunch of high-end products at the same time. And what's especially frustrating is that all 3 of these items (Idol, Fridge, Cobra Throne) were SDCC items. Two of them from the very same license! Spread 'em out at least another week or two, yeesh. :duh

EVILFACE
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Agree with the King!!

SS got people to buy a friggin polystone FRIDGE. That is some blind devotion there.

IrishJedi
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
It's not blind devotion at all. We're just in on the joke. It's awesome that Sideshow had the sense of humor and balls to do The Fridge™. Even if I wasn't already a fan of the scene (especially because it had so many people with their panties in bunches) I'd probably be inclined to get it on principle alone. :lol If I were blindly devoted, I would have ordered Toht w/ Ark and German Soldier Indy, both of which I happily passed on.

But I digress... this isn't about a futile and unnecessary JOE vs INDY argument. It's about the fact that Sideshow is once again apparently charging and shipping three roughly $200 items from two of their biggest licenses within a week of each other.

Thankfully, I'm in a position where I'm not forced to choose financially between any of them (in which case the Fridge is probably the first that would be axed, simply because it's more of a humor vanity item)... but it's no less frustrating.

Plan this stuff better, SSC.

King Darkness
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
I foresee Duke, Cobra throne and Blade all shipping at the same time.

IrishJedi
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM

:google:

Shipping anything else JOE at the same time as the Throne would be quite ill-advised. But I can see that happening, too.

csi
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM

according to SS Duke ships 2nd quarter and the Throne ships Feb.

The Craw
01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
according to the newsletter from 2 weeks ago, it said Duke in Feb and throne in March. i hope they stick to that plan or the throne is going bye-bye.

EVILFACE
01-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Hush your mouth!!

thenammagazine
01-31-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll find a few more things to lump in there like the Hulkbuster comiquette or Wolverine PF. :lol

CaptainDinobot
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM
An online store CCGarmory has the Cobra Throne listed in stock. I got my Cobra Sniper from them. The price is marked at 179.99 and they have a free shipping coupon "freeship150". I wonder if they have the throne or if they goofed.

http://www.ccgarmory.com/coth12infien.html

Buttmunch
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm sure its a goof, but why don't you order and find out for us? :D

CaptainDinobot
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm sure its a goof, but why don't you order and find out for us? :D

Not a bad idea but I'm at least about 2 paychecks away from being able to do that, unless I used the money I have saved for Duke, which I'm not gonna do.

The Craw
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
i contacted that site and they replied that the Throne wasn't in stock but i should order anyway cuz they are expecting a quick sellout. i'm thinking about canceliing my order with SS and getting it from there. $179 shipped is a great deal. i'm just worried that there will be some major flaw with this piece like peeling paint or something and i feel it would be easiewr to deal with SS for replacements.

SuitedJacks
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Saw the throne @ SDCC, MUST HAVE IT!

CaptainDinobot
02-03-2010, 09:12 PM
CCGarmory raised the price up to $199.99 and its listed as pre-order now.

The Craw
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
guess i'll be sticking with sideshow then.

samueljd
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I may wait and pick it up from EBay. I have a feeling the price will drop on this thing.

Buttmunch
02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I just got an email from Sideshow saying this has been delayed until March. Flexpayers got the email since they are bumping the last payment date back a month. Luckily I converted it to Flex a week or two ago so my scheduel was already Feb/March so I'm not going to be behind everyone now :rock

Khev
02-05-2010, 08:07 PM
You can always have them convert your regular item/waitlist to a Flex Pay. I did that with my throne last week. $100 for 2 months isn't as much of a hit as $200 at once.

They're only doing a two month flex for the throne?

Buttmunch
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Yep. $100 each month with the last having shipping thrown on too.

CaptainDinobot
02-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Yeah, thats still better than $200 + S&H at once.

Swantiago
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I would have loved to do Flexpay for this but it cost too much in the long run with tax, vat and fedex fees.
I got mine off Alterego and with my points got it below 150 bucks which is the import tax free limit.

Glad to hear its been delayed though, gives my credit card a break for a month. They're about to start charging Flex payments on the Kaneda bike.:monkey2

Darth Cruel
02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
How is the amount of the VAT determined?

Khev
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
I cancelled my Clone Wars Anakin and bought the Cobra Sniper's Dragunov from Toy Anxiety instead. I'm realizing that I'm going to kick myself if I lose my Joe focus and don't have funds available for both Duke and the throne when they ship (which I have a feeling will be at the same time.)

In case anyone has forgotten, behold the SDCC video. Duke and CC's throne are going to be the products to own in SSC's Joe line thus far:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/_lib/php/video-generic-player_630x354.php?videoFile=/media/flv/cc09/podium-2.flv&KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=450&width=745

DarthNeil
02-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Throne's a must.

Swantiago
02-22-2010, 08:19 AM
How is the amount of the VAT determined?

Vat is 21percent of the total cost.

So the throne $200 + shipping+fedex fees.

Vat would be at least 50 bucks, so the total is looking at $300+:monkey2

Buttmunch
02-22-2010, 08:42 AM
We'll I've already gotten my first flex pay last week, so I'm half way there. So it should only be about a month more know for it. Still no word on Duke though. I wonder what his holdup is? They pumped out the Cobra Sniper in just over a month or two after he was announced. Granted he just had a new head an gun and a different colored outfit than the Troopers/Officers. I'm wondering if the new Pro body parts are partly to blame? I think Anakin might have some of them though and he starts charging today. So who knows.

EVILFACE
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Good choice Khev.

That Anakin didn't interest me one bit.

Khev
02-23-2010, 07:25 AM
I do really like the new CW show but "Joes before Clones."

norsehordes
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Got the "16 day arrival" notice today. I was excited initially, but then I remembered how much this thing costs. I just bought a house, so it's kinda bad timing for me right now. :confused:

keysta75
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah me too... a bit of bad timing :(

Buttmunch
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Well I got mine Flexed so its only $100+ shipping for me when it comes in :D

SuitedJacks
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
THRONE ME!

Grenouille
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Anyone think getting on the wait list is worth it at this point or should I peruse the net looking for a deal?

Hopefully I can grab this and the 2 troopers from Hastings come through to flank old CC.

thenammagazine
03-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Anyone think getting on the wait list is worth it at this point or should I peruse the net looking for a deal?

Hopefully I can grab this and the 2 troopers from Hastings come through to flank old CC.

Wait until Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday. You'll be able to get it for probably 25-50% off.

King Darkness
03-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I have 16 to decide on this. My only issue is that I really have no place for it. It wont fit on my shelves and if I cant display it CC and all the troopers I just dont want it.

Deak Starkiller
03-02-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't mean to sound like a broken record but seeing this thing in person was awesome, a real sweet piece.

King Darkness
03-02-2010, 01:24 AM
No doubt there! I would hate to cancel, but if it cant come up with a good display option I see no other choice.

Deak Starkiller
03-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Fair enough, I can understand that. :duff

King Darkness
03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I think I'll get it and see what can do, worse case I'll just send it back to Sideshow for a refund.

EVILFACE
03-02-2010, 01:41 AM
I have 16 to decide on this. My only issue is that I really have no place for it. It wont fit on my shelves and if I cant display it CC and all the troopers I just dont want it.

Yea, I have that problem as well.

samueljd
03-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Wait until Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday. You'll be able to get it for probably 25-50% off.

:lol:lol That's what I plan on doing.

Khev
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
No doubt there! I would hate to cancel, but if it cant come up with a good display option I see no other choice.

Tell that fathead in your sig to take a hike if you need to clear a space for the throne. :lecture

Natrix
03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Got my processing notice, starts processing on the 17th.

thenammagazine
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Got my processing notice, starts processing on the 17th.

:( I was hoping we'd get Duke first.

The Craw
03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
what ever happened to Duke? he just dropped off the radar. i thought at one point he was supposed to be shipping in february.

thenammagazine
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
what ever happened to Duke? he just dropped off the radar. i thought at one point he was supposed to be shipping in february.

Well, there's still half a month for him to make Q1 but they pushed him back to Q2. Though, I don't care if they push him back because of QC issues. I'd rather have a perfect Duke than one with issues.

karamazov80
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't think they ever announced an estimated date beyond the quarter and year (does Sideshow ever really do that?). Sideshow may give some conservative idea to retailers, but since production and other types of issues can come up, it would seem in their interest to refrain from doing this when possible.

SHOCK-Advised!
03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
I've got 4 Detolfs in my guest room. Managing my displays reminds me a lot like playing Resident Evil! I've got CC w/ X2 CTs stashed away just waiting for this throne to come out--what to do...what to do..?

ProgMatinee
03-16-2010, 08:05 AM
this is one of those pieces I really want, but having a hard time with the price. I've still not bought the Carbonite Han. Maybe start looking for the Han aftermarket first then a year or so from now get the throne. IDK.

FLOSI
03-16-2010, 08:51 AM
I've got 4 Detolfs in my guest room. Managing my displays reminds me a lot like playing Resident Evil! I've got CC w/ X2 CTs stashed away just waiting for this throne to come out--what to do...what to do..?

Send me your Cobra Troopers.... You do not need them.... Trust me. :D

SHOCK-Advised!
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Ummm... that wasn't what I meant! :rotfl

FLOSI
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
:huh I tried...

Darth Cruel
03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Ummm... that wasn't what I meant! :rotfl

Start displaying all of your collection on the floor of the guest room. Take out all furniture.

And send me the detolfs.

:monkey3:D

LordAzrael
03-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Anyone had their final flexpay processed yet ?

joebiscruml
03-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Still waiting, hope it will be today and shipped next week sometime.

lerath666
03-20-2010, 03:32 PM
i've got a 118.99 charge that just applied to my card, pretty sure that was the final flexpay for the throne.

james
03-20-2010, 06:12 PM
has anyone got there cobra throne yet

V!C
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM
http://images.lowes.com/product/033056/033056659182.jpg

joebiscruml
03-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I got the same charge, but I think when it is shipped that price will go up. I can't see shipping being less for the throne than it was for the wall.

thenammagazine
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
http://images.lowes.com/product/033056/033056659182.jpg

Guess the guy holding up two fingers in your avatar is showing your IQ?

V!C
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Guess the guy holding up two fingers in your avatar is showing your IQ?

It's a peace sign, don't be so offensive - and he's a rabbi.

Dont be such a racist or anti-semite.

Cocoboloboy
03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Nam is anti-dentite, not anti-semite. And I'm pretty sure that's a member ZZ Top in that avatar.:gun

Vader AL
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM

It's not a peace sign, it's "Hook 'em Horns".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_%27em_Horns

V!C
03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
It's not a peace sign, it's "Hook 'em Horns".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_%27em_Horns

Well to you -- but we are peace loving people.

thenammagazine
03-21-2010, 12:21 PM

So guess I was right about the IQ... :lol

And apparently, your "Jew" is a Satanist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_horns

EVILFACE
03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Had to cancel mine. Will pick it up later when I decide if it will fit the look on my new shelves.

Johnnyr
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I bought the throne and cobra commander from ebay. I will get the commander tomorrow and the throne later in the week. It should look cool.

thenammagazine
03-23-2010, 12:51 AM
I bought the throne and cobra commander from ebay. I will get the commander tomorrow and the throne later in the week. It should look cool.

Make sure you pick up a cape from Drizzle for your Cobra Commander. 100x better than the eurotrash trench coat and will make him look all the more regal on that throne.

keysta75
03-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Has this shipped for anybody yet?(from SS)

joebiscruml
03-23-2010, 09:39 AM
My status for this still says processing.

FLOSI
03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I look forward to seeing the pics..... This bad boy looked a bit too large for my taste, but still bad ass.

Darklord Dave
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Will have it tomorrow.

BadMoon
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I look forward to seeing the pics..... This bad boy looked a bit too large for my taste, but still bad ass.

I saw it in person and to be hones I don't collect GI Joe but this thing was bad ass. :rock

joebiscruml
03-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Got my email from UPS and my throne will be here Monday, so I'll try to get pics up Tuesday.

Deeznutz6
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Wheres the best and cheapest place to get this??

Buttmunch
03-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Sideshow would have been the best, but I'm not sure on the cheapest.

I thought my final Thraw Flex was this week, but it was actually the Cobra Throne! I should have mine Thursday :rock

SHOCK-Advised!
03-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Also got my UPS notification! :banana

Bum
03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
i can't wait to display:

Dr Doom on throne PF
Ghost Rider on throne comiquette
Buffy the Vampire Slayer on throne comiquette
Crimson Cobra Commander on cobra throne
68 Comeback Elvis on a chair PF

almost makes me want to get Emperor Palpatine and his throne.

Buttmunch
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
It is going to be hard to decided to put CCC or the regular CC on the throne. CCC looked great on it at SDCC.

Deak Starkiller
03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
:nono BCC goes on the CCT. Remember how awesome he looked at SDCC BM?

thenammagazine
03-23-2010, 08:41 PM
:nono BCC goes on the CCT. Remember how awesome he looked at SDCC BM?

:lecture:lecture:lecture Here's CCC's throne (http://cgi.ebay.com/BARBIE-TUB-TOILET-LIGHT-GRAY-NICE_W0QQitemZ290416722114QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item439e2f80c2).

Deak Starkiller
03-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes! YES! To NAM you listen to...yes....

Darklord Dave
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t2.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t1.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t4.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t1.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t5.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t6.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t7.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t8.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t9.jpg

The Craw
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
looks amazing!!

EVILFACE
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Looks great. What is that red thing?

Buttmunch
03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow :rock

Despite the hate for CCC, I think he is the better looking of the two on the throne because of the cape.

jstep13
03-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Looks great! 100% polystone right?

Darklord Dave
03-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Couldn't find the other CC for these quick shots.

The top of the throne feels partially hollow - it's already heavy, if this were full it would weigh a ton. But thumping it indicates that it's pretty thick. There's a magnet to to hold the throne to the base and kind of snaps it into proper alignment.

karamazov80
03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Screams "Serpentor" to me.

preeny101
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Looks awesome! I passed on this because of space issues but it looks like it's going to be a kick a** piece in some upcoming G.I. Joe dios. Congrats to all who snagged one!

Khev
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Despite the hate for CCC, I think he is the better looking of the two on the throne because of the cape.

Ugh, can we rethink the whole "Buttmunch as a GI Joe mod" thing Dave? Kidding of course.

Throne looks great!

Deak Starkiller
03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Screams "Serpentor" to me.

Screams AWESOME to me, thanks for the pics Dave. :rock

SirGor
03-24-2010, 10:09 PM
WoW so Awesome !! :joy

Buttmunch
03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Ugh, can we rethink the whole "Buttmunch as a GI Joe mod" thing Dave? Kidding of course.

Throne looks great!

:lol

Its the cape I tell you! I'm just not sure the trenchcoat looks quite as nice on the throne. I'll see for sure tomorrow though ;)

thenammagazine
03-24-2010, 10:47 PM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t5.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t6.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t7.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t8.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/cc_t9.jpg

Proof positive that Dave's not a Joe fan! :lol:p

Can't wait to see what the real CC, with a Drizzle cape looks like on the throne. :(

Darklord Dave
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Proof positive that Dave's not a Joe fan! :lol:p

Can't wait to see what the real CC, with a Drizzle cape looks like on the throne. :(

Hey - I never claimed to be! Besides the carpet matches the cape!

thenammagazine
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Hey - I never claimed to be! Besides the carpet matches the cape!

I know. :lol You're one of the first to admit it. I still don't get why Sideshow chose red over black though.

turtle
03-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Got mine today and must say it is awesome. #185 in the house! Still gotta bust out CCC. Here are some quick pics:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/DSC_0292.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/?action=view&current=DSC_0292.jpg)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/DSC_0317.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/?action=view&current=DSC_0317.jpg)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/DSC_0307.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/?action=view&current=DSC_0307.jpg)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/DSC_0310.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/turbofishben/collectibles/SS%20Cobra%20Throne/?action=view&current=DSC_0310.jpg)

Felix
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Pics look great, mines on the way :)

FLOSI
03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Does this bad boy fit in a detolf?

keysta75
03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Does this bad boy fit in a detolf?

yes inquiring minds want to know...I will find out Tuesday when mines arrive. According to SS measurements It would seem that it would just fit.(a little tight)

Deak Starkiller
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I cannot phuuuuuukin wait! :rock

Buttmunch
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
If you don't use the base, it might fit. But with the base it is too tall without taking out a shelf. And it should barely fit in width wise (that's what she said) with the base though. Without shouldn't be a problem at all.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8311/dsc01568z.jpg

That should give people a little size comparison.

Felix
03-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Looks awesome with CC's staff.
I eagerly want two Crimson Guards to display side by side with the throne. That is my ideal Cobra display.

Buttmunch
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, its a shame we will get CC on his Throne with CG in the Dio line before the 1:6 line. That just seems like a slap in the face to those of use that have bought the 1:6 items to get that set up only to have the dio line get it first!

FLOSI
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, its a shame we will get CC on his Throne with CG in the Dio line before the 1:6 line. That just seems like a slap in the face to those of use that have bought the 1:6 items to get that set up only to have the dio line get it first!

Looks great, BM.... Thanks for the pics.

JTRbe
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Great pics, the throne looks really nice, I am glad I ordered one.

Felix
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Well, we get CC on the throne first :)
It just doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective. There's no way I want two throne displays.
Well, 1/6 collectors will be able to put as many Crimson Guards around the throne as they want.

Anyone else planning on scratch-building some floor & wall pieces to match the throne base? I was thinking a couple of COBRA banners to hang on each side of the throne would be a nice touch.

thenammagazine
03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
If you don't use the base, it might fit. But with the base it is too tall without taking out a shelf. And it should barely fit in width wise (that's what she said) with the base though. Without shouldn't be a problem at all.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8311/dsc01568z.jpg

That should give people a little size comparison.

HOLY SHIZER! That looks awesome, but I'm soooooooooo glad I passed. I don't have the room for that. :lol

P.S. You really need to pick up the Drizzle cape and get that ____ing eurotrash trench off him.

SuitedJacks
03-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Well, we get CC on the throne first :)
It just doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective. There's no way I want two throne displays.
Well, 1/6 collectors will be able to put as many Crimson Guards around the throne as they want.

Anyone else planning on scratch-building some floor & wall pieces to match the throne base? I was thinking a couple of COBRA banners to hang on each side of the throne would be a nice touch.

heres a link to one of my current displays. i plan on moving the door and putting the chair between the two pilars.
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/album.php?albumid=693&pictureid=8359

you can pick up the Cobra ensignas @http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-25th-COBRA-Sound-Box-theme-logo-music-LOT-symbol_W0QQitemZ140393215504QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20b0167610

Buttmunch
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
HOLY SHIZER! That looks awesome, but I'm soooooooooo glad I passed. I don't have the room for that. :lol

P.S. You really need to pick up the Drizzle cape and get that ____ing eurotrash trench off him.

Without the longer gloves CC is usually seen with, he just looks goofy without the coat on. CCC is passable as that isn't his normal look anyway. But the blue doesn't look right with the small gloves.

thenammagazine
03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Without the longer gloves CC is usually seen with, he just looks goofy without the coat on. CCC is passable as that isn't his normal look anyway. But the blue doesn't look right with the small gloves.

Well, I have my Praji gloves on mine so, :moon!

I picked up two Praji's (one I made into a generic Imperial Officer), but even if I only had one, he's suffer the indignity of naked hands because Praji < Cobra Commander.

Deeznutz6
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
So want to get this, but money needs to be spent elsewhere

Looks like an awesome piece

Buttmunch
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
It is. I thought Sideshow's CC was awesome before, but this just increases his awesomeness 10 fold! A true highlight of the Joe line so far! Sideshow is really going to have to try hard to beat this. I haven't been so impressed since the Jabba set up.

Felix
03-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Thanks SuitedJacks, nice setup you got.

Praji gloves, gotta get CC's hands on those.

LoneWolf
03-26-2010, 01:30 AM
Definitely badass!!!!!!!!! :rock

King Darkness
03-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Looks great.

Since the throne and base are seperate I may be able to fit the throne onto my shelves.

One of you asshats that have it, can you measure the throne for me? Thnx :moon

Viper
03-26-2010, 08:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/minion2k/cobrathrone.jpg

csi
03-26-2010, 09:03 AM

damn, I was good with not getting this until I saw your picture :banghead

Khev
03-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Awesome pic Viper.

coolkansaswind
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM

now this makes me happy that i got it .....

thenammagazine
03-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to see what it looks like flanked by Seegies!

Buttmunch
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Here are some approximate dimesions of this for those of you with limited space:

Cobra Throne
10" wide x 14" high x 8" deep

Base

12.5" wide x 2" high x 11" deep

The throne can be displayed seperate from the base though (thanks to those magnets instead of pegs). So here is a great alternative use for the base!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3351/dsc01569a.jpg

So don't let a lack of room stop you from picking this piece up. You would rank below those that bought CCCs if you don't buy this :lecture

JTRbe
03-26-2010, 06:14 PM
So even when the throne is on the base it should be able to just fit into a Detolf?

Buttmunch
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Only if you take out a shelf I think. It would be super tight at least.

GuruAskew
03-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't care what anyone says, CCC looks epic in this thing. Way better than the blue version.

I only wish I had room to display it permanently. I have both GI Joe environments boxed up for the time being unfortunately, but I would love to display them.

I briefly considered taking down my Army of Darkness collection (comprised of EVERY AoD action figure from every company that ever made them) but I couldn't rationalize taking down stuff like the McFarlane 18" figure or the Sideshow PF and I also couldn't rationalize only displaying the collection partially. The only other shelf space I have that would accommodate both environments is currently housing my Sideshow Indy stuff.

At least I have room for all the GI Joe figures themselves, though.

Felix
03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Mine arrived this evening, it's just incredible.

coolkansaswind
03-27-2010, 11:10 AM
:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror: horror

Here are some approximate dimesions of this for those of you with limited space:

Cobra Throne

Base

The throne can be displayed seperate from the base though (thanks to those magnets instead of pegs). So here is a great alternative use for the base!

So don't let a lack of room stop you from picking this piece up. You would rank below those that bought CCCs if you don't buy this :lecture

maskfreak
03-27-2010, 11:54 AM

Cobra Throne

Base

BM-that looks great. I think the throne will be next on my list....I am going to make a harder effert to purge older toys to complete this line. Thanks for the pics.

maskfreak
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
now this makes me happy that i got it .....

Awwesome pic. Thanks for posting.

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm just really glad they went with a magnet to hold it in place on the base. That leaves both the base and throne without pegs or holes. So they can be used sepereately or together and look just fine both ways. Very nice way to handle that, even if unintentional

SHOCK-Advised!
03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
My CC looks awesome on his throne flanked w/ his troopers--It's time for SS to bring on DESTRO!!!! DESTRO! DESTRO! DESTRO!

coolkansaswind
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
My CC looks awesome on his throne flanked w/ his troopers--It's time for SS to bring on DESTRO!!!! DESTRO! DESTRO! DESTRO!

pics pics pics ..... come on pics .... :lol

Felix
03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
pics pics pics ..... come on pics .... :lol

OK. Try to ignore the crappy wall, my collection room is under construction.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6762/dscn0081bk.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4007/dscn0084v.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8531/dscn0078u.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/169/dscn0071u.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1924/dscn0072i.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/234/dscn0074oh.jpg

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I got to admit the CCC cape on him doesn't work so well. It looks like the cape is on inside out. For whatever reason it looks fine on CCC though. :confused:

Khev
03-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Now show us how SE looks breakdancing on the stone slab. ;)

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't have any dresses for him :(

How about this though?

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/673/dsc01571dj.jpg

He's going to make GI Joe and offer they can't refuse :lol

SHOCK-Advised!
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Here's 1 way I was able to fit CC's throne inside my Detolf.

Here's how I got my SS Joe collection displayed so far...

Felix
03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I got to admit the CCC cape on him doesn't work so well. It looks like the cape is on inside out. For whatever reason it looks fine on CCC though. :confused:

Good thing it doesn't bother me. However, I prefer CC without a cape, even in a throne setting. I don't think he ever wore one in the comics, and except for couple brief scenes in the cartoon (in one Mass Device episode and the beginning of the movie). I want those Praji gloves though. Until then, the cape stays on.

SHOCK-Advised!
03-27-2010, 06:27 PM
So even when the throne is on the base it should be able to just fit into a Detolf?

Hope my display answered your question.

Buttmunch
03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Good thing it doesn't bother me. However, I prefer CC without a cape, even in a throne setting. I don't think he ever wore one in the comics, and except for couple brief scenes in the cartoon (in one Mass Device episode and the beginning of the movie). I want those Praji gloves though. Until then, the cape stays on.

He was one here:

http://www.cobraclan-et.com/images/Fullview_COBRA_COMMANDER.png

SirGor
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Cool pic's Shock it's awesome do I spy Snake Eye's behind the Commander's Throne.

SHOCK-Advised!
03-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Yesss! I'm waiting for Beachhead to come out so that he can be on the other side! :D

Deak Starkiller
03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I just got mine today...awesome...just pure awesome. BM is right, this is the equivalent of how awesome Jabba the Hutt environment is. Just a great piece all around.

King Darkness
03-28-2010, 02:18 AM

Cobra Throne

Base

Damn, just the trone alone is 14" :google

Do you have SS Vader, Buttly? He is the absolute largetest thing that fits on my shelves, with about 1/16" or less to spare. How is the throne compared to Vader?

Felix
03-28-2010, 04:21 AM
Throne is just over 14", about 14 & a 1/4. If you have exactly 14" of space, it's not gonna work. Throne is gonna be my centerpiece while figures go on the shelves. You can't clear a space for the throne Darkness? It'll suck to miss this one.

He was one here:

http://www.cobraclan-et.com/images/Fullview_COBRA_COMMANDER.png

My point was that CC was rarely seen with a cape. He looked ready for action without one. However, you have made me change my mind. Well, you and all the previous Cobra Commander pics. I want to get the Drizzle cape, some German officer boots and Praji gloves. The red inner lining makes the figure stand out much better. Hopefully I can still get one.

EVILFACE
03-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Cut the top off the throne :monkey1

Buttmunch
03-28-2010, 11:45 AM
King (and everyone with a Detolf) you are in luck. The throne (without using the base) is just a bit shorter than Vader (who I have on his base even).

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4387/dsc01574r.jpg

samueljd
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
That Throne is a great size. I'm tempted to pick one up in the near future.

King Darkness
03-29-2010, 02:53 AM
King (and everyone with a Detolf) you are in luck. The throne (without using the base) is just a bit shorter than Vader (who I have on his base even).

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4387/dsc01574r.jpg

Awesome!! Thnx Buttly :rock :rock :rock :rock

norsehordes
03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Got the throne just now (#116).

Never thought I'd ever buy such an expensive chair that wasn't meant for actual people...but this thing is killer diller! :joy

Skiman
03-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Just went Flex on this guy, I had to cancel because of other items in the past coming at the same time.

keysta75
03-29-2010, 03:30 PM
I just got my throne #78 out of 750

urbanfreddy
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
i love the throne #62 pretty big
http://s1.postimage.org/Kfc0A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKfc0A)

coolkansaswind
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
I got 72/750 ... super cool item .,..... SS is doing a great job on this line

IrishJedi
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
My Commander now has a real home:

http://img337.imageshack.us/i/imagejb.jpg

IrishJedi
03-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Stupid iPhone forum app. Let's try that again...

http://img337.imageshack.us/i/imagejb.jpg/

thenammagazine
03-29-2010, 07:05 PM
My Commander now has a real home:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4325/imagejb.jpg

Is that better (fixed pic link)?

BTW, your CC needs some DiD boots and Praji gloves.

IrishJedi
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Is that better (fixed pic link)?

BTW, your CC needs some DiD boots and Praji gloves.
That works, thanks. :rock

I actually like the shiny Sideshow boots for this Commander. :embarrased

I do need those gloves, though.

jstep13
03-30-2010, 12:28 AM
My little contribution:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/trufinfan13/109.jpg

And a little gratuitous shot with the rest of the family...:D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/trufinfan13/107.jpg

IrishJedi
03-30-2010, 09:36 AM
You MUST have a cape to display this figure properly on the throne, IMHO... and not the ghey CCC one, either.

Khev
03-30-2010, 09:50 AM
My little contribution:

And an awesome contribution at that. Killer setup.

King Darkness
03-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Damn nice pic J!!!!

Sonofa_____....this is getting near impossible to resist.

thenammagazine
03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Damn nice pic J!!!!

Sonofa_____....this is getting near impossible to resist.

Almost pulled the trigger too, but in the end, not getting it means more space for more figures. More Cobras > CC's throne.

SirGor
03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Wooh what a Awesome display jstep.

Buttmunch
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Almost pulled the trigger too, but in the end, not getting it means more space for more figures. More Cobras > CC's throne.

Those with CCC > Those without Cobra Throne

:lecture

thenammagazine
03-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Those with CCC > Those without Cobra Throne

:lecture

The first three words of that post are so filled with fail it's not even funny. :moon

DarthNeil
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
My little contribution:

Nice.

And killer display (love the zombies dancing to Thriller).

I've got the throne on pre-order through my local retailer so it'll be a few weeks before I hear of it being ready but these are all some great pictures to wet the appetite.

Felix
03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I get why fans wouldn't like CCC. What I don't get, is the hate for fans that do. I prefer CC is dark blue or light blue, and black...but for him to have a ceremonial crimson uniform isn't that much of a stretch.

keysta75
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
here's mine
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/cobrathrone.jpghttp://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/throne3.jpghttp://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/cobra078-750.jpgThe base can not fit into the detolf with the throne way to big

Skiman
03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Man I hope mine converts :rock

SuitedJacks
03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=682&pictureid=10117

My THRONE Display

lerath666
03-31-2010, 04:06 AM
mine arrived today, #25/750. Whee Low number :)

lerath666
03-31-2010, 04:07 AM
My little contribution:

really like that display cabinet, what is that?

SuitedJacks
03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
anyboby got an extra trooper for sell?

DPrime
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
really like that display cabinet, what is that?

Yeah, that is sweet as hell!

Got my Cobra Throne all set up in the Detolf. Little disappointed/surprised I couldn't have it with the base though. Oh well. I'll have to figure something better out if/when the basement gets finished!

Awesome piece, though. I think my number's 96?

hairlesswookiee
04-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Hmmm.... I"m not sure if I should be happy or a little pissed off, but my Waitlist order converted yesterday. Sideshow converted my waitlist, charged me, and shipped it out without sending me a single email until this morning. Oh well, I guess I can just sell it later.

Skiman
04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Hmmm.... I"m not sure if I should be happy or a little pissed off, but my Waitlist order converted yesterday. Sideshow converted my waitlist, charged me, and shipped it out without sending me a single email until this morning. Oh well, I guess I can just sell it later.

At least you get a e-mail, I don't hear about anything... it just converts and BAM I have a piece at my house :rotfl

thenammagazine
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM

I never get this. If you don't want it, bail off the waitlist. People've already been talking about converts and you know it's shipping... :dunno

jstep13
04-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Lerath, it's just a standard store display case I found off Craigslists for a couple hundred bucks...but I knew right away when I saw it would be perfect...

Skiman
04-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Convert you dammit :banghead, I need this :lecture

hairlesswookiee
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Convert you dammit :banghead, I need this :lecture

How long ago did you get on the waitlist??? I literally got on it last week, and got converted yesterday. Then had second guesses once I had certain Ebay problems. :lol

Skiman
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
How long ago did you get on the waitlist??? I literally got on it last week, and got converted yesterday. Then had second guesses once I had certain Ebay problems. :lol

I got on it a few days ago, I would say right after the weekend.

csi
04-03-2010, 07:01 AM
not sure if I am going to keep the throne or not since it takes up too much shelf room, but here is my display for now.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/beames15/CIMG1142.jpg

EVILFACE
04-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Looks like you have enough space!!

Buttmunch
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Ski, Corner Store Comics has this in stock!

The Josh
04-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Damn that looks cool. Someday I'll go back and get this thing.

DarthMagnus
04-03-2010, 11:41 AM
here's mine
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/cobrathrone.jpghttp://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/throne3.jpghttp://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/keysta75/cobra078-750.jpgThe base can not fit into the detolf with the throne way to big

Awesome pics my dude!!!!:rock:rock:rock

ClarkKent1977
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Here's 1 way I was able to fit CC's throne inside my Detolf.

Here's how I got my SS Joe collection displayed so far...

Shock, how did u get your throne with base to clear the headroom on the Detolf shelf, when others can fit it on the shelf with the throne only?

Dbabe
04-04-2010, 08:24 AM
here is mine

http://cfile204.uf.daum.net/original/141F93254BB8AAF35ED475

http://cfile229.uf.daum.net/image/151F93254BB8AAF46035AE

csi
04-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Looks like you have enough space!!

Yeah but I had to remove a shelf to make room for it so now I am down a shelf.

King Darkness
04-04-2010, 10:57 AM
http://cfile229.uf.daum.net/image/151F93254BB8AAF46035AE

Now THAT is a winning pic :clap

SuitedJacks
04-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I think there are some people here with real issues. Jealous Moderators who delete posts of Pics and conversations. So whoever deleted my pic can get a life. It must take a real disapointing life or a bad marraige to cause one to take so much pride in deleting others posts.