Jake Lloyd...10 years since Ep.1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well we all remember lil Jake Lloyd in Star Wars episode 1...Well here's a video interview of him talking about what he's been up to since the movie...

https://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2009/07/jake-lloyd-exclusive-ten-years-after-ep-one/

Now I dunno if it's just me, but he just seems unappreciative of what an honor it was for him being in a Star Wars movie...He sounds like he's been doing ok tho since...What do you guys think?

I think he's grateful for the opportunity, but I'm sure he's been dealing with stupid crap ever since... I kind of felt bad for the guy...
Episode I killed his film career and I'm sure it scarred his social life forever...

I wouldn't say he sounds unappreciative. To me he seemed a little sad. It sounds like he probably took a lot of crap from other kids growing up. I kind of felt bad for him to.

I wouldn't say he sounds unappreciative. To me he seemed a little sad. It sounds like he probably took a lot of crap from other kids growing up. I kind of felt bad for him to.

Yeah, have to agree.

Interesting to see though... you can still recognize him as Anakin.

Don't blame him. He doesn't seem overtly ungrateful... Just tired of people thinking they are "funny" when they make the same joke to him that he has heard probably a million times. He does, however, seem really down to earth.

Episode I killed his film career and I'm sure it scarred his social life forever...

You really think that Episode I killed his career ? I think he was such a bad actor in this movie. It almost killed the whole movie for me. Did you watch the
supplemental Material for Episode I on the DVD ? He couldn´t even repeat simple lines he was told to. George Lucas did many things wrong on the Star Wars prequels and casting this Kid is one of them.

Its easy for people to get type cast...especially with a role as massive as Anakin Skywalker. I don't know if it was bad actor, or bad director... but someone needed to intervene :lol

Please , I'm sure that Phantom Menace has put him into a position to never work again a day in his life, he'll get no pity from me, tell him to cry into a bag of money!

Must be rough being known as the kid who ruined Star Wars. I'm surprised he hasn't turned to a life of booze and drugs like Edward Furlong.

I guess this kid got bullied in school for being a rotten actor. Maybe that's why he's bitter.

Just looked him up on IMDB....I guess Episode I really did kill his film career. He was never Anakin Skywalker to me, he'll always be Jaime.

pop2-9652.jpg

He seems like a pretty cool guy! What was most interesting to me about that interview is that Jake Lloyd is now the same age as Anakin Skywalker in AOTC. Imagine if Lucas had waited until now to film AOTC and had kept Lloyd in the role.

He seems like a pretty cool guy! What was most interesting to me about that interview is that Jake Lloyd is now the same age as Anakin Skywalker in AOTC. Imagine if Lucas had waited until now to film AOTC and had kept Lloyd for the role.

we'd have a fat Anakin who cant act.

Back