Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shropt

My Little Mod
Reaction score
Please discuss the Deathly Hallows movies here.

Will there be a funeral scene?
Will the first movie be 90% camping?
Will they include a Battle of Hogwarts scene?

OMG, you just ruined the titles for me...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think there will be a funeral scene. Depends on where they start the film.
I REALLY hope there will be no camping, just have them jump to locations they want to go.
Since there was no battle at the end of HBP, they were saving it for DH, so YES.

I pose a question to you all, where do you think the film will break? I've been trying to think about it, but I don't even have a guess.

I pose a question to you all, where do you think the film will break? I've been trying to think about it, but I don't even have a guess.

I think this is the #1 question. I really need to go back and read the book again to try and figure this out.

I think it will break when Harry, Ron, Hermione and the goblin get captured and taken to the Malfoy Mansion.

That seems a likely place...

I just hope however its done it feels like an actual full movie rather than the end of the 2nd Matrix or Pirates movie were it was an annoyingly obvious cliffhanger.

Maybe it has them finding the locket, finding out how to destroy it, finding out about the deathly hallows, then destroying the locket at the end of the film.......then them saying something like "well, only 6 more to go" then looking out towards the night....fade out

Maybe it has them finding the locket, finding out how to destroy it, finding out about the deathly hallows, then destroying the locket at the end of the film.......then them saying something like "well, only 6 more to go" then looking out towards the night....fade out

very nice....with your script writing skills I was able to fully visualize that in my head. I give it a green light.

OMG - you may be the only other person I've met who did not love GoF. :lol :lol I always knew there was something special about you. ;) :lol

REALLY, I thought it was garbage. You get the weird haircuts, Hermoine's crazy eyebrows
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nQJ4ClngaoA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nQJ4ClngaoA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
, Dumbledore molesting Harry after his name comes out of the Goblet, cheesey romance, the odds that Harry is the last one at the World Cup to see Crouch shoot off the mark (wtf was that all about), all the clues regarding Crouch as Moody (I was actually surprised about that part in the book)....I could go on.

REALLY, I thought it was garbage. You get the weird haircuts, Hermoine's crazy eyebrows, Dumbledore molesting Harry after his name comes out of the Goblet, cheesey romance, the odds that Harry is the last one at the World Cup to see Crouch shoot off the mark (wtf was that all about), all the clues regarding Crouch as Moody (I was actually surprised about that part in the book)....I could go on.

I have to say that movie bored me to tears.....the part with the dragons was kinda cool....but it just seemed to drag it's feet...though I did love Tennant as Crouch..and his snake like tongue. He made me laugh...and the very end was decent. But all the rest was blah. I was so glad that the romance stuff in the last movie was actually pretty damn funny.

Dumbledore molesting Harry....:lol :lol :lol He did, didn't he. :lol

Edit: I never noticed how expressive Watson's eyebrows are. :lol

The central mystery about who put Harry's name in GoF, Barty Crouch Jr, and Mad Eye were all handled better in the film than the book and the overall flow of the film (minus the missing quiddich championship - which was an ok cut, and the lackluster hedge maze) was good, imo. Much better than 5 - which has practically no redeeming values, and 2 which really is slow. 3,4,6,1,2,5

I don't care how boring a movie is so long as the payoff in the end is worth it and I felt the duel with Voldemort (along with the death of Cedric) was a big playoff.

I don't care how boring a movie is so long as the payoff in the end is worth it and I felt the duel with Voldemort (along with the death of Cedric) was a big playoff.

Yup. That whole sequence is some of the best stuff in the series and a great climax fraught with emotion and suspense. The climax of THBP, sadly, not so much.

Yup. That whole sequence is some of the best stuff in the series and a great climax fraught with emotion and suspense. The climax of THBP, sadly, not so much.

I loved the ending of TOotP....saw that in 3-D at Imax...with all the glass breaking...and Harry being tortured....my favorite ending of all the films...so far.

The central mystery about who put Harry's name in GoF, Barty Crouch Jr, and Mad Eye were all handled better in the film than the book and the overall flow of the film (minus the missing quiddich championship - which was an ok cut, and the lackluster hedge maze) was good, imo. Much better than 5 - which has practically no redeeming values, and 2 which really is slow. 3,4,6,1,2,5

My thoughts exactly. For me the movies rank thusly:

The Prisoner of Azkaban
The Goblet of Fire
The Order of the Phoenix
The Half-Blood Prince
The Sorceror's Stone
The Chamber of Secrets

I loved the ending of TOotP....saw that in 3-D at Imax...with all the glass breaking...and Harry being tortured....my favorite ending of all the films...so far.

The dual between Dumbledore and Voldemort is the main reason I rank Order of the Phoenix before Half-Blood Prince, which was my favorite book in the series. Ralph Fiennes is awesome.

I dunno. Watching Dumbledore take care of that army of zombies, for me, was the most awesome thing I have seen on screen for quite some time.

Back