What Marvel comic series should I read??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthJoshy

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I want to start reading comics and I am looking for a good series. Any suggestions??

Thor and Invincible Iron Man are really good right now.

Also, Incredible Hulk #600 and onward is being written by the great Greg Pak. Check that out, too.

Thor and Invincible Iron Man are really good right now.

Also, Incredible Hulk #600 and onward is being written by the great Greg Pak. Check that out, too.

Ok, awesome. I will try to check those out. Thanks a lot dude.

Deadpool - his book is a hot one and very funny.

Nova/Guardians of the Galaxy - I was not into cosmic characters but these books are awesome.

I want to start reading comics and I am looking for a good series. Any suggestions??

• Astonishing X-Men
  • Deadpool
  • New Avengers

These are the top three for consistent great storylines in my opinion. I have heard that Hulk and Iron Man are good reads as well, but I only read them during WWH and Civil War, so I don't know.

I say stay with the big guns...

Cap America
Hulk (But wait till # 600)
Thor
X-men
Avengers (Both New & Mighty)

Funny book: Deadpool

Personally , I'm Not a fan of any spidey book ATM.

I enjoy the Avengers (New moreso than Mighty, but I figure its only a matter of time before the two teams merge so I've read them both).

Over the last few months, Mighty Avengers has really turned to crap writing wise. Hopefully it will pick up, but I agree that a New/Mighty Avengers merger is coming soon.

I only read the tpb's so the last Mighty Avengers stuff I have read is Secret Invasion. I haven't been overly impressed with Mighty Avengers so far, I hate to hear its gotten worse.

..anything that begins with an X....though stay away from issues that ends with Legacy or Factor!:D

As hard as it is for me to admit it, I think X based comics are dealing with oversaturation. X-Men Legacy has been been caca for quite awhile and this month was the first month in many, many years that I just didn't pick it up at the LCS.

Astonishing Tales, Monster of Frankenstein and Chamber of Darkness, Conan The Barbarian.

And that's about it.

Stay clear of anything Spider-Man. I had a 25 year run of ASM and finally cancelled the title in my comic saver at my local shop.... Total rubbish.

If you want something really good pick up a few BPRD trades. I'm aware that's not a Marvel comic, but you won't regret it.

Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men. Fun, light hearted humor, with plenty of super powered awesomeness. I'm not a big fan of the current writers run.

If you want dark and gory with no super powers, look into Garth Ennis' Punisher Max.

If you want dark and gory with no super powers, look into Garth Ennis' Punisher Max.

Seconded. These books are what they should have made the last movie like.
Ennis is one of my top favourite writers and the reason I got back into reading. Not Marvel either but Ennis' Preacher series was an actual instant classic in my opinion.

Secret Warriors, without a doubt. You'd regret it if you didn't pick it up. From the storyline to the artwork, it's dark, edgy, foreboding, and immensely entertaining from issue to issue. For me, it's the best series going right now.

Back