Too many damn screenings @ SDCC on Thursday!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere, but I am curious as to what Freaks think...

If you had to choose between whatThursday night SDCC screening to attend, which would it be:

DISTRICT 9
Theatrical Release: August 14

NINJA ASSASSIN
Theatrical Release: November 25

TRICK 'r TREAT
Blu-ray/DVD Release: October

There are actually a couple more than same night (seriously, studios, what gives???) but these 3 top that list for me.

I'm leaning towards NINJA ASSASSIN right now (it's a freakin' big-budget Ninja movie made by the same folks who did the V FOR VENDETTA film) but it's a tough call. Aliens, Ninjas and Halloween... 3 of my favorite subjects!!

Help me decide, Freaks!

I posted this elsewhere, but I am curious as to what Freaks think...

If you had to choose between whatThursday night SDCC screening to attend, which would it be:

DISTRICT 9
Theatrical Release: August 14

NINJA ASSASSIN
Theatrical Release: November 25

TRICK 'r TREAT
Blu-ray/DVD Release: October

There are actually a couple more than same night (seriously, studios, what gives???) but these 3 top that list for me.

I'm leaning towards NINJA ASSASSIN right now (it's a freakin' big-budget Ninja movie made by the same folks who did the V FOR VENDETTA film) but it's a tough call. Aliens, Ninjas and Halloween... 3 of my favorite subjects!!

Help me decide, Freaks!

Of the three, only District 9 interests me. You might what to go to Ninja Assassin though since that one is so far off. The other two are both going to be released sooner.

Hell if I know, Carl. :dunno
Very bummed 'cause you know how much I want to see Trick r Treat...

And I may see still see it. I know for sure that I'll see the other 2 in a theater, not sure if I'll have the opportunity to see Sam on the big screen... :(

Hell if I know, Carl. :dunno
Very bummed 'cause you know how much I want to see Trick r Treat...

And I may see still see it. I know for sure that I'll see the other 2 in a theater, not sure if I'll have the opportunity to see Sam on the big screen... :(

True. Hmm... damn. Now I'm even more confused. :lol

go out, get drunk w/ an SDCC hottie, watch ninja assasin, and then show her your ninja prowess.

i'm sure this was your answer and the question was purely rhetorical.

I would want to see District 9; but that is because Trick R' Treat doesn't really appeal to me, if I were more of a horror buff I would go with that. :cool:

Like somebody else said, depends on what your tastes are.

Personally, I would go to see District 9, because: a) PJ might show up, and b) probably a good chance at some swag.

Dang! I wish I'd seen this sooner. Sony was giving away passes to people that follow them on Twitter, missed it by about 4 hours.

Carl, is that District 9 a private screening, cos I don't see it show up in the Con schedule.

Carl, is that District 9 a private screening, cos I don't see it show up in the Con schedule.

DISTRICT 9 & NINJA ASSASSIN are both private screenings, but I believe the studios will also be giving out passes at the Con on Thursday.

And PJ will be doing a Q&A for press after the D9 screening.

Still a tough call...

DISTRICT 9 & NINJA ASSASSIN are both private screenings, but I believe the studios will also be giving out passes at the Con on Thursday.

And PJ will be doing a Q&A for press after the D9 screening.

Still a tough call...

I don't see what's so tough? Buy a damn movie ticket in a couple weeks and go see it. :lecture Come out and drink damn you! :lol

I would choose Trick 'R Treat just because it won't be shown in a theater otherwise - just DVD right? The rest you can see in a theater, just at a later date.

Back