G.I Joe convention in KCMO...any freaks going

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcocash

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was curious if any of the midwest ssf will be attending the Joecon...It will be after the movie comes out so hopefully I am looking forward to a "humiliate a hasbro rep" if possible.

Most of the people at that show will be smoking the pole of the lame movie. Kinda like HIS STANK.

I exclusive boxset is even that appealling this year. Usually it's classic ARAH sculpt figures but now they are doing 25th anni. stuff. :huh:

Most of the people at that show will be smoking the pole of the lame movie. Kinda like HIS STANK.

"They fight for freedom wherever there's trouble, GI Joe is there! GI Joe! A global integrated hero! GI Joe is there! Its GI Joe against the enemies of NATO fighting to save the day! They never give up, they're always there, fighting in Robocop suits over land and air! Dun dun, GI Joe, a global integrated hero! GI Joe is there!" :lol :duh

"They fight for freedom wherever there's trouble, GI Joe is there! GI Joe! A global integrated hero! GI Joe is there! Its GI Joe against the enemies of NATO fighting to save the day! They never give up, they're always there, fighting in Robocop suits over land and air! Dun dun, GI Joe, a global integrated hero! GI Joe is there!" :lol :duh

:lol :lol :lol

:lol

i just remember the first time i heard about 'robotic suits'...i thought cobra would maybe have the snake armor.

I was curious if any of the midwest ssf will be attending the Joecon...It will be after the movie comes out so hopefully I am looking forward to a "humiliate a hasbro rep" if possible.

Why are you looking to humiliate Hasbro employees? they weren't involved in the movie making process, not the convention working level Hasbro employees anyway. So lay off.

As far as the Joecon, it sounds like a good time but I'm just not willing to travel out of state for it. I'm fortunate enough to live in San Diego so I have the biggest and best convention here in my own backyard.

Number 1: it was a joke so YOU lay off (sheesh)
Number 2: Some of us humble folk were pretty excited to go to our first con.....Though it is probably not " the biggest and best" it should still be cool.

I'm fed up with people blaming Hasbro for Sommers's "vision" of GI Joe.

They own the property. They had full veto power over any of Sommers' choices. You think if Sommers wanted Snake Eyes to wear a pink bunny suit the whole movie Hasbro would have been powerless to stop him? No way. The actually are more to blame than Sommers himself. He only makes crap, so he's only doing what's within his power to do. Hasbro should have been more savvy in protecting their property's translation to the big screen.

Ok how bout we all just forget I said anything about a movie and focus on the Joecon-midwest-freaks-going part that was the reason I started the thread.....Please

Why are you looking to humiliate Hasbro employees? they weren't involved in the movie making process, not the convention working level Hasbro employees anyway. So lay off.

As far as the Joecon, it sounds like a good time but I'm just not willing to travel out of state for it. I'm fortunate enough to live in San Diego so I have the biggest and best convention here in my own backyard.

I'm not going to continue to hijack this dude's thread with ROC back and forth. He posted a joke (which apparently I didn't get) and If you read my first thread you can see I was referring to convention level Hasbro employees. I'm sure some High level guru might of had the ability to chance the coarse of the film but it didn't happen. Now, on with the JoeCon discussion shall we?

I'm in KCMO but won't be going, I have way too much to do right now. Though, there are some 25th Ann. figures I'd love to pick up there, I also really need a Sideshow Snake Eyes.

I'm going. This will be my second (first was in '07).

Nah, the vast majority of members on the Tank are people who got into collecting Joe when the 25th line came out. Most people who hit the convention regularly are "old-timers" who collected the RAH stuff or 12 inchers before the influx of new collectors. I was surprised at the amount of collectors/dealers who don't even visit the online forums. I think a lot of them are indifferent to the movie.

I haven't seen a whole lot of interest in the convention on Hisstank, probably due to the prices of the exclusives... A lot of people there seemed surprised at the high cost, even thought that's pretty much been standard since they started making the sets.

Back