• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Help from someone going to SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a huge Masters of the Universe and DCUC fan. If anyone's going to San Diego and heading to the Mattel booth to pick up one of these items, I'll pay you to pick up an extra one for me. I can pay you in advance as well:

-MOTU Art Book

-DCUC Wonder Twins w/ Gleek

I live in the US. Gurnee, IL. to be more precise.

Thanks for looking.

Hay Ben

Dude those peices will be at Wizard con too. If not at the booths then a dealer will have them. If you can make it to that your good. I'll be going if you need help.

Eric

If anyone can help Ben then please do. If not, please move along and do not leave childish remarks.
Many thanks
x :peace

Thanks Adoptedscot. I apologize for my angry post, but I really don't understand the need to go into someone else's thread and post a useless comment for no other reason than to be a jerk.

Hi Eric,

How's the Predator collection coming along? I appreciate your help but I have some people that might be able to get them to me potentially. I do miss the days when Mattel came to WWC. If they were there I'd just go there and pick them up myself.

Well I hope you can get the Masters Art book.. I too want one but my buddy tried to get one on wednesday night from 6-9 then mattel said they were out of there alotment of 500 for the night. Only 1000 were supposed to be for sale a sdcc total. So wednesday night special preview was a total waste of time. But apparently mattel allowed 2 per person. So a guy took his 4 boys with him and he got 10 books. total BS. My Buddy got his 2 books but alas the extra is for his son who is at college. Good Luck

The MOTU art book was total scalper bait as a friend put it. Someone said it sold out preview night? I wanted one too just for nostalgia.

Thats the Problem with Exclusive at cons Dealers usually get a lot of them. They pay a couple bucks to people or have friends help get them just so they can make a couple more bucks on it and bring people to there tables.

I just got from Hasbro toy shop the Baroness exclusive saved 10% with GIJOE10 in the coupon code.

Ben as for the Preds only missing the Overpriced exclusives now.

Eric

Did you get it? I wanted this too but not sure if my guy got it or not.

Great looking book...always loved the art.

Thats the Problem with Exclusive at cons Dealers usually get a lot of them. They pay a couple bucks to people or have friends help get them just so they can make a couple more bucks on it and bring people to there tables.

I just got from Hasbro toy shop the Baroness exclusive saved 10% with GIJOE10 in the coupon code.

Ben as for the Preds only missing the Overpriced exclusives now.

Eric

I don't remember She-Ra and Keldor being that bad back when Mattel still went to Wizard World Chicago. It seems that the Matty Collector website has really super charged the interest for these exclusives.

That's cool that you have almost all of the Predators. Congrats. I still regret selling my Ancient Elder Predator Asian Exclusive. That was a dumb decision. I have pretty much all of the ones I want other than Celtic and The Ancient Elder as well

Did you get it? I wanted this too but not sure if my guy got it or not.

Great looking book...always loved the art.

My source wasn't able to come through. He told the same story that I've been hearing everywhere else. Scalpers and dealers getting everything and nothing left for the real fans. It sucks, but hopefully I can get Gleek and the book some time down the road.

I really loved the art of the old Masters of the Universe boxes as well, Gruson. I'd say it rivals the work of Boris Vallejo! Give me a picture of He-Man riding on Battle Cat any day over some cyborg viking chick by Vallejo.

Oh well, I'll just put the money toward my Predator cinemaquette fund. I'm hoping to get one within the next month. Next year, if the Terminator craze dies down, I'm aiming for the CM T-800 Endoskeleton!

I'll keep this thread up for a few days on the off chance that some kind soul might help me get my monkey and my book.

Last edited:
I've got a Wonder Twins with Gleek set, but I'm only looking to trade right now. So if you got some stuff to trade, let me know. Sideshow, Hot Toys, Mattel, Hasbro, DCD, etc.

Back