In Two Minds Of My Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard0fdragons

Freakzoid
Reaction score
My best movies are Star Wars :emperor and Lord of the Rings! :banana I have a small growing collection of Premium Format figures of both films. :gandalf

My collection is all boxed since new as I do not have the appropriate display cabinet to show them. :(

Having sorting out the boxes today I’m in two minds to give this all up and sell of my collection. :confused:

What would you do? Would you only collect one line and which line and why?

Thank you in advance for your feedback. :joy

Well, seeing as you put this in the LOTR section I would think your subconsious has already answered the question :)

Ooooh mate, sell it all?? :(

I think if you liked them enough to buy them originally, then eventually you may regret selling them. However i'm all for the whole 'less is more' approach, so if you think you have too many then by all means sell a few, but I would keep 1 or 2 of your favourites from each series, that way you still have a representation on your shelf of your favourite films, but not a cluttered display. :peace

Well, seeing as you put this in the LOTR section I would think your subconsious has already answered the question :)

:lol:lol yes forget about the SW stuff, unless your planning on getting completely run over with over produced and over priced items.
myself i collect two main lines LOTR and Marvel. though i've found that my collection has basically gone the Marvel way lately. my LOTR interest has been centered on the PF line, while the Marvel interest has covered the whole line up.:duh

maybe if you had your collection on display you would appriciate it abit more. As for what line to collect that decision is yours alone to make.....

but as stated, seems you already know the answer :lol

To me, if it is not displayed it means that I really don't want or need it.

Star Wars has been my heart since I was a kid. My vintage stuff was always stored in my closet. I got tired of trying to get all the newer, nicer, better, and exclusive stuff so I sold almost everything. To this day I do not regret it one bit.

I have sold a lot of my collections this way and do not regret them at all either.

What I do regret is having to sell all of my LOTR weta statues. It was all on display. I sold it out of need. If I could get anything back in my collection it would be these.

I am currently collecting the LOTR PF statues and they are displayed in my home office. They will never be sold.

To sum it all up... I feel that if it is something I REALLY want I will find a way to display it to enjoy it. Otherwise it is just stuff in a closet.

In the end you must do what is right for you.

If only I had money to surrender to all my wishes in those two magnificent series that are SW and LOTR...

All,

Thank you for your response. I recently received my Uruk-hai Berserker Sideshow Exclusive Edition (444) and factory sealed Darth Maul Sideshow Exclusive Edition both are fantastic. Again they are not displayed due to cabinet availability. However I do agree with your views which are valid and apply to me where as dtssyst hit it on the nail :duh I'm going to take my time before I decide what to do as in the past I sold my Gandalf the White Sideshow Exclusive Edition and Frodo Baggins Premium Format Figure which I have acquired since. There is so much great stuff coming out lately from Sideshow its fantastic. I also have passion for Dragons that’s another topic for another day! Once again thank you for your feedback.

Pick and choose carefully what pieces you want from whatever line you like. There's no need to be a completist or have to stay within one line.

In fact, you could even play this game: Once you have your display area set up and all items you want to display are out, if you don't have room you can then decide to sell your least favorite items. Or rotate whenever you dust. Or sell something to make room for a new statue that you can't live without!

So many ways to collect... why limit yourself? :dunno

I too collect SW and LotR but if I had to choose I'd go LotR. Greater diversity, more core characters and no stupid PT or EU to screw things up. :D

As someone who dont collect any of those 2 lines,If you'd give me the choice,I would prefer to own the LOTR PF's a lot more than the SW ones...

I say Star WARS. But dont even try to get everything, just one character or two and focus on that.
Maybe one character from the prequel trilogy and one from the original?

Pick and choose carefully what pieces you want from whatever line you like. There's no need to be a completist or have to stay within one line.

In fact, you could even play this game: Once you have your display area set up and all items you want to display are out, if you don't have room you can then decide to sell your least favorite items. Or rotate whenever you dust. Or sell something to make room for a new statue that you can't live without!

So many ways to collect... why limit yourself? :dunno

100% agree with this. the compulsion towards completionism, as far as my collecting goes, ruins a hobby faster for me than anything else.

collect what makes you happy. cause if it doesn't make you happy...what's the point of collecting.

Last edited:
My best movies are Star Wars :emperor and Lord of the Rings! :banana I have a small growing collection of Premium Format figures of both films. :gandalf

My collection is all boxed since new as I do not have the appropriate display cabinet to show them. :(

Having sorting out the boxes today I’m in two minds to give this all up and sell of my collection. :confused:

What would you do? Would you only collect one line and which line and why?

Thank you in advance for your feedback. :joy

I have the same dilemma. I have boxes all over the place and haven't even worked on anyway to display them. So hard to sell since they are so great but I just can't keep these giant boxes all over.

I have the same dilemma. I have boxes all over the place and haven't even worked on anyway to display them. So hard to sell since they are so great but I just can't keep these giant boxes all over.

It's a great shame for such beautiful pieces (LOTR of course) to stay hidden in a box for so long. I had the same problem but have motivated myself to build a display area as selling isn't an option after working so hard to build the collection up in the first place.

Ideas for display options have also been put forward on the SaF forum (https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=1996) as it is a problem a lot of collectors have.........Buy first, think where to put it later!!! :D

Back