New computer after six years!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Well I finallly got a new desk top and really don't actually know what I should install on it aside from the normal stuff: AIM, iTunes, Yahoo, Firefox and some games. Suggestions?

Nah, mom bought it for her and I to share at the house so no Mac yet. Trust me guys, after my laptop died and a MAC saved me I have coveted them ever since but that one is gonna have to come out of my pockets when I get a real job.

I made the switch from PC to Mac this past weekend... bought the 24" iMac and LOVE IT! I am still figuring some things out but everything has wowed me more than I could have imagined. And I got a free iTouch (after rebate ofcoarse)

You only need one good security program, I used AVG on awhile ago and it was a pain to get off. I'm now using Kaspersky, Norton slowed my computer down too much. Less is better.

You only need one good security program, I used AVG on awhile ago and it was a pain to get off. I'm now using Kaspersky, Norton slowed my computer down too much. Less is better.

Well AVG is an antivirus, Zone Alarm is a firewall, AdAware/Spybot are Spyware, Malware, and AdAware removers that you have to manually run. If you have a PC, you need all of those.

Well AVG is an antivirus, Zone Alarm is a firewall, AdAware/Spybot are Spyware, Malware, and AdAware removers that you have to manually run. If you have a PC, you need all of those.

How long it take you to acess the Internet once you power your computer???

But a good antivirus program will have all those components.

If I bought a new computer I would need:
A "burning Program" Nero/Roxio are ok
Any decent Photoshop Program
MS Office
Windows Media Player/Divx Player
Winzip/Winrar
Usenext
itunes

that should do it.

Don't get AdAware. It was once #1 in the industry but now it is worthless. Go for MalwareBytes Antimalware.

I think all those "AD" programs are over-rated. The only way to know which one works or is good, is to get a virius and see which one finds it.

How long it take you to acess the Internet once you power your computer???

But a good antivirus program will have all those components.

If I bought a new computer I would need:
A "burning Program" Nero/Roxio are ok
Any decent Photoshop Program
MS Office
Windows Media Player/Divx Player
Winzip/Winrar
Usenext
itunes

that should do it.

Well, only AVG and Zone Alarm are actively running. About once a week I run AdAware and Spybot to get rid of all the junk.

Back