Why No Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royasave33

Super Freak
Reaction score
whats the deal is sideshow just permittied to sell paintings of the batman not statues

Yes, they've talked to DC. There is no chance of DC Direct giving up the license.

There is a Batman PF from DC Direct however.

7043_a_full-1.jpg

Wouldnt be interested in anything DC done by Sideshow.

The existing Batman PF equivalent from DC Direct isn't bad (the one shown above), and you can get it super cheap on Ebay.

Ive heard that there has been many problems with the DC direct statue many of which include the emblem on the chest easily coming off the fabric.

In the past few years, DC's both has literally been right next to Sideshow's booth at SDCC. Anyone that is going, please join me in bugging DCD to license Sideshow. Maybe if they see their is enough demand, they might someday cave. Surely money made off of Sideshow products would be better than the money they aren't making on thier "1:6" figures.

In the past few years, DC's both has literally been right next to Sideshow's booth at SDCC. Anyone that is going, please join me in bugging DCD to license Sideshow. Maybe if they see their is enough demand, they might someday cave. Surely money made off of Sideshow products would be better than the money they aren't making on thier "1:6" figures.

Is there no way to "share the license"?
I would hate to lose DCD's smaller figures

He lies. The truth is that Jeff Dean found out that Sideshow might acquire the license and read that it was a ton of fan's dreams so single-handedly destroyed the deal in a mega super shatter of dreams. ;)

So on a similar note why can Sideshow distribute POTC, Terminator and Godfather Hot Toys figures but not Batman? Is that just Hot Toys saying no or is there some legal reason?

Last edited:
Is there no way to "share the license"?
I would hate to lose DCD's smaller figures

DCD wouldn't loose their smaller figures. DCD IS DC Comics. That is the problem. Their philosophy is they can do the best with their own material. Unfortunatley, that isn't the case.

But being the owners of the property, DCD could license out to Sideshow if they wanted to and keep making their own. A good example of this is Hasbro and GI Joe. Sideshow is making 12" figures now, and so is Hasbro.

Back