Sideshow not listening to the Haters !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is great :lol

Some Statue Forumers comes to mind and a few here too to a lesser degree...

From Sideshow's site:

On the flip side, there are personalities on the forum boards that seem to be entirely negative and even downright derogatory, and we give their posts and comments little time or thought. Although we respect all opinions, even the negative, we hope that you’ll choose the wording of your criticisms in way that shows respect to the artists and staff involved in the process. Our representatives tend to avoid forum discussions if the participants are abusive, hostile or profane - it benefits neither party. If you want us to give your feedback due consideration, we also recommend to limit your use of the ‘puke’ smiley emote, the ‘eye-roll’ emote, and the words FAIL or PASS. It’s not the sort of feedback that we typically share with the key decision-making staff.

From Sideshow's site:

On the flip side, there are personalities on the forum boards that seem to be entirely negative and even downright derogatory, and we give their posts and comments little time or thought. Although we respect all opinions, even the negative, we hope that you’ll choose the wording of your criticisms in way that shows respect to the artists and staff involved in the process. Our representatives tend to avoid forum discussions if the participants are abusive, hostile or profane - it benefits neither party. If you want us to give your feedback due consideration, we also recommend to limit your use of the ‘puke’ smiley emote, the ‘eye-roll’ emote, and the words FAIL or PASS. It’s not the sort of feedback that we typically share with the key decision-making staff.

:rock :rock :rock

Fail or Pass = Statue Forum -- and you ask why SS reps don't visit your site :lol

FAIL !.

I'm joking. :lol There really is some irritating people on this and other forums who seem to get carried away with making their point. Regardless of what people think sometimes comments on here can come across as seriously rude.

I think that's a cool attitude to have but is pass that bad? I mean it could be worse, right? :dunno

Put yourself on their shoes or in any artists point of view. You spend hours and days on a piece and the feedback you receive is PASS/FAIL. And we are talking about people in age bracket of 20's and 30's and older.

"You can't handle the truth!"

557184_f260.jpg

"You can't handle the truth!"

557184_f260.jpg

Haha. I'm really harsh on them sometimes but I always cite why, not just "this sucks."

The Indy PF and T-800 busts I own are incredible, I just think they neglect some of the smaller scale pieces sometimes.

WOW . . .

Sideshow's response is actually refreshing considering their prolific stature, but at the same time comes off as being arrogant with a "we don't give damn what you naysayers have to post/say because we have customers who'll buy our stuff regardless of design/quality concerns" vibe.

WOW . . .

Sideshow's response is actually refreshing considering their prolific stature, but at the same time comes off as being arrogant with a "we don't give damn what you naysayers have to post/say because we have customers who'll buy our stuff regardless of design/quality concerns" vibe.

No, what it is saying is that if you want your criticisms heard, do it in a polite and well-thought out manner.

I think this response is farr overdue. Many of us here have been citing this as the reason for reduced participation and we were right. Respect and civility goes a looong way.

From Sideshow's site:

so this is why a sideshow rep hasn't visited the SW section for like...ever. good to know.:lol

WOW . . .

I didn't sense that "vibe" in the least. I got the opposite impression in fact.

Back