Sideshow/weta the dark lord sauron review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
An oldie but a Goodie.

P1060784.jpg

First off, sorry about the B & W photo. It's all I had still in my files and I don't feel like taking another photo.

Let's get right to the review.

Helmet Sculpt - 5 out of 5 - Well it's Sauron all right. It's armor and it looks like armour. Nice.

Paint - 5 out of 5 - Again it looks like Armor. I have read that some people got statues that were far too black. Well mine looks great.

Body Sculpt- 4 out of 5 / Pose - 4 out of 5 - Total - 4 out of 5 - Them are some skinny legs Sauron has got there. Looking a Saurons body from the side his legs look fine and would give the sculpt a 5 out of 5 BUT from from straight on they are just a tad thin. However you should almost never look at him from the side because Sauron is ment to be displayed high and looking straight out at you. At this pose he is PERFECT!! But he is limited to only looking great at this angle. Some of this is due to the skinny legs and some of it is the pose itself. But it looks fantastic when placed how it supposed to be. His cape in the back is also perfectly sculpted.

Weapons - 5 out of 5 - Sauron's Mace looks great but I LOVE that he has real weapon, "The One Ring", on.

Lasting appeal - 5 out of 5 - Sauron is hardly in the films but this statue is just amazing and one of my fav. pieces in my collection. It is the one that gets the most comments when people look at my displays.

Overall - 4.5 out of 5 - If The Lord of the Rings films had a place in my heart like Indiana Jones and Conan do then this could very well be my fav. piece in my collection. But Indy and Conan were there for my childhood and LOTR was not. So this gets ranked third. But that is saying a lot because he beats out some of my Star Wars PF and my Jaws Statue both of which also hold special places in my heart. Add to that the fact that Sauron is only seen for about 45 seconds in the film and it tells you how much I really think of this statue.

This review, as opposed to your Hulk PF one, wasnt a Fail.

GREAT review JAWS. This is still one of my FAVORITE pieces in my collection! Sadly mine is currently boxed, but will go on the top of my LOTR Detolf once I get it set up. small_studios Josh is currently repainting all my 1/6 figure heads to go in the display too.

Best part, I got my Sauron off the 'Bay a couple years ago for $140 shipped! :rock :rock :rock

Great review!! Although times are tough and I've had to sell a few of my statues, this is one that I won't sell. It is definately very well done...

Yup 2003 lol. If anyone has a pic of it next to a PF that would be helpful hehe.

Lol!

Yeah I am a bit late with this review. I got some other old reviews coming also. Just reviewing my collection for fun.

2003? Has it been around for that long?? Time flies!

WOW! Still, an amazing piece for being 6 years old! :horror

Just got mine today!! Along with Aragorn PF. Frodo PF is on his way.
Here is some quick pics out of the box.
Still have to set things up nice. Waiting for my new wide bookcase to arrive.
Throw in some Freddy for good measure too. Another recent arrival.
Damn, my collection has like tripled in literally weeks lol
I will post full collection pics one day soon.

Here's my 'Dark Lord'. I managed to get him cheap due to the damage to the helm, but with a bit of Milliput and paint I soon had him sorted. A must have figure for your LOTR collection. The ring looks fantastic on him and if you can get a red/orange light nearby to reflect, it looks like he's just stepped out of Middle Earth! (ps. Lighting idea Sara
's)
VideoandSauron004.jpg

VideoandSauron.jpg

Sauronfixed001.jpg

Sauronfixed009.jpg

Sauronfixed007.jpg

Nice fix man. I've been a little braver lately and done some retouches on stuff. A small hobby paint set can go a long way.

Maybe we should have a "I fixed it me-self" thread? Is there one?

Back