spoilers...so whats with the movie cobra commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but if it sucks ,looks ridiculous and is nothing like the CC everyone was wanting/expecting...?

Its the director's way to be edgy. Ironically if you look at the back of the packaging of the 1:6 figure the mask isn't translucent.

They could have given him a beard and a cane and thrown in a fart here and there...

I'm still at a loss that Joseph Gordon Levitt made the choice to play Cobra Commander. He is one of the best up and coming young actors in Hollywood and has done nothing but been ultra selective in his projects, sticking mainly to indie films and then all of a sudden decides he's going to make perhaps what looks to be one of the worst films of all time. Thank God he's got "500 Days of Summer" out right now for his fans to try and forget about this.

I dunno maybe Gordon Levitt thought it'd be fun to get paid a ton of cash to play CC in a movie that no one is going to and should try and take seriously. It's disappointing they did this but it will be a popcorn movie, so there's really little risk even if his performance is embarrassing. It's not a 100 percent perfect analogy but take Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes on a Plane, a horrible, horrible (and wonderful) movie. Jackson likely knew this when going into it, but he is already a well respected actor. the film wasn't meant to be more than an over the top affair so I doubt its really hurt his career.

I agree this film looks quite terrible, but CC is the only reason I'm going to watch this aside from Destro. I'm almost 100 percent okay with the design of the Doctor because it's like the only way something like this
cobra-commander-battle-armor.jpg

would work on film.

Sure it's not the hood or reflective helmet, but I kind of enjoy the new look. He kind of reminds me of psycho-mantis from MGS...it all really depends on how well Gordon Levitt does in convincing us he's CC...I remember the outrage when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker...how could a pretty boy gay cowboy become the clown prince of crime? And he wears makeup??...I give Gordon Levitt a chance. He's a good actor and all we've seen is an action figure and one photo.

They (Sommers and the other retarded Hollywood hacks) actually think this looks better and "cooler" than the established Cobra Commander. Same with every other character in the film.

I almost can't blame them. It would be like yelling at an infant for pooping its diapers. They can't help it. They're really just that lame.

Instead, I'm much, much, much more pissed and appalled by Hasbro and that they would go along with this foolishness. Then again, they also did Cobra-La and Sigma 6...

It's Hasbro and the ass kissers at sites like HISSTank.com that deserve a real hearty kick to the shins.

I don't know if anyone is saying it's better or cooler but I think it's an interesting interpretation. I haven't seen how levitt handles himself in the role and the new look so who knows. Everything else I am willing to dismiss but we haven't even seen him move or speak. We can make aesthetic judgments which is fine, but I for one enjoy the look. There are always old comics to fall back on, but I'm open minded about Levitt as CC albeit not the film as a whole.

...but if it sucks ,looks ridiculous and is nothing like the CC everyone was wanting/expecting...?

You're using "everyone" as if the entire viewing audience of a film is familiar with the source material and a fan. That's just not the case. There will be countless people who have no clue what G.I. Joe is who will go and see this piece of crap and think it's awesome. That's just how it is. Most people who have no idea what G.I. Joe is will see this because 1) The action looks cool to them and/or 2) There's a particular actor in it they like. Simple.

One thing for sure, this movie will make Ninjas cool again...:duh

I didn't see any ninjas!? They must be doing their "thang" hiding and what not. :lol

*EDIT

OHHHHHH.. you mean.. OHHHHHHH.. no.

You must be new.

really so there's footage out of cobra commander speaking and acting? I guess I missed out on it, where can I find it? Because I thought for sure no one had seen either aside from him standing in a trailer and a crappy action figure. that's all I was mentioning being open minded about in my post, something I hadn't seen anything of yet. and all I've been reading around here and elsewhere is complete dismissal of CC's look, not heaps of praise for it being 'cooler' and 'better' than the original. If anything positive I've read people expressing moderate interest. I guess I should keep up.

And I'm someone familiar with the Gi joe history, but actually pleased with the way the mindbender/cc hybrid ended up looking. I also like the art on the action figure cards. I never said anything about expecting a great film or something that bears fidelity to the source material.

I'll say this much, based off the Hasbro action figure of Cobra Commander.. I mean the Diggy Doctor.. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is F'n ripped up now!!! Makes Sylvester Stallone look like a little girlie man. Those Hasbro figures are accurate, right?

/Sarcasm

Back