MR announces the Luke EPIV LE Saber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesseawilson

Super Freak
Reaction score
and it ships in less then a month. I know this will piss off some EE owners. As it would me if I hadn't just sold my EE saber two weeks ago (I had a felling that this would happen). With them already selling for retail on EBay, who knows what this will do to the value.

Jesse

i completely hate MR now for coming out with the EE sabers. mainly because i have all of their other sabers. and they decide to remake a couple of them,and call them elite. they said they wanted other collectors to be able to enjoy sabers they might have missed out on. **thats why the are limited editions** sorry if people missed out on them, but you dont have to ruin the value of mine by re-releasing it. there is only one more saber i will buy from them and thats the qui-gon jinn. after that im done with MR.

---sorry to vent but i was really mad when the came out with the Luke ROTJ EE.
:banghead :banghead

Why didn't they when the EE version came out do like what SS does and add a special name plate or something and then do a regular version. Much in the same way SS does with their regular and exclusive versions. Though, I guess doing it this way could be considered the same thing.:confused: :confused:

So are the EEs better than the LEs? I'm actually considering starting to get some of these since I fell in love with the .45s. Which are the ones that are supposedly built like a real lightsaber would be?

I honestly can't see myself paying five bills on these sabers, especially now that I know that MR "limited edition" don't mean squat. What a slap in the face to their collectors/customers.

Stick with the LE's Dave. From a good dealer they are almost half the price.

The whole reson they even did the EE sabers is because the people that came to MR late wanted to get some of the sabers that were already sold out long ago and very expensive now. The came up with this "EE" thing to be able to rerelease the sabers that people wanted and be able to charge double(aka Ebay prices) for them.

I would hurry and get Dooku's saber while its still semi reasonable and out of the current wave you can get Sidious's saber pretty cheap ($250ish). Those are the best two IMO but if your interested the Anakin and Obi ROTS sabers can be had for reasonable prices as well.

Vader ANH is still holding at about $300 which is of course a very nice saber and the very definition of Vader's saber IMO. Vader, Dooku, and Sidious are the ones I have on display right now.

Jesse

I agree with jesse on the sidious. Out of all the sabers that is my favorite. The dooku is also nice, but I am hoping they make the Revenge of the Sith version that is all chrome. That one dull grey part just kept bugging me. Plus I hate the old style display cases, but if you can get one for around retail I would still buy it. As far as the Elite Editions go, I wasn't all that impressed with the Luke ANH EE. It was nice but the Anakin Ep. III LE looks just as nice and costs half the price. Plus from what I understand, the Luke ANH LE is more screen accurate judging from pictures of the gold one that they are having a contest for. Don't know if that is true, but that is what I have heard.

elite

Hi Dave -

I'll put a plug in for the Elite's. For example, with the ROTJ Luke, the LE version uses a copper-like paint, while the elite uses real machined and polished copper. The materials are usually of higher quality, with more machine work and polish. There can also be whimsical touches which I like such as the green emitter crystal on the Luke ROTJ. The LE's are supposedly more meticulously accurate to the screen props, while the EE's take a few liberties to represent an idealized version. Some choose to view this as the version you would find in the "Real" Starwars universe. I'm having flashbacks to lessons in Greek philosophy. :peace

I sold my EE Luke, I am VERY glad I did! There has to come a time when collectible companies keep these collectible, and stop only pursuing the $$$, though I suppose for them their really isn't any motive. :rolleyes: This is much the same as when UC announced the newer unlimited Anduril, what a crock that was. :banghead

Well, you cant really compare the ANH and ROTJ Elite sabers. The ROTJ was worth the money while IMO the ANH was not.

Jesse

spaceman said:
Hi Dave -

I'll put a plug in for the Elite's. For example, with the ROTJ Luke, the LE version uses a copper-like paint, while the elite uses real machined and polished copper. The materials are usually of higher quality, with more machine work and polish. There can also be whimsical touches which I like such as the green emitter crystal on the Luke ROTJ. The LE's are supposedly more meticulously accurate to the screen props, while the EE's take a few liberties to represent an idealized version. Some choose to view this as the version you would find in the "Real" Starwars universe. I'm having flashbacks to lessons in Greek philosophy. :peace

This is a good summary of the Elites. They aren't based on the screen props, which is disappointing, but they are made of much higher quality materials. It's very similar to the UC Museum Collection if you are familiar with that. One other thing "Elite" about them is that they were sold only to Collector's Society members and they have very low ES's.

Get the LE's, IMO. I don't have any left currently, but I want to get the Sidious soon. I think the Sidious LE might be a good place to start for you also Dave.

Good point OON, but "it's all for the fans who missed out" (sarcasm off).....

Seriously though. THANK GOD Sideshow is not like MR. Could you immagine SS releasing the WIKI, Balrog, Cave Troll, Aragorn, Sam and Bill ect statues just by changing a few little details. YAY for those who missed them but a big F*** YOU to those that have been there from the beginning.

And screwing the dealers out of the LE's, or better yet screwing me out of getting the LE's from dealers really makes me hot.....

Jesse

Last edited:
Jesseawilson said:
Good point OON, but "it's all for the fans who missed out" (sarcasm off).....

That is exactly the same scenario as the UC Anduril fiasco. :rolleyes: What a nice 1k favor. :sick

One of Nine said:
After the stunt MR pulled with the AT-AT why would anyone think their items are "Limited Edtions"

they are doing the same thing with the snowspeeder. im sorry about my first post if it angered anyone. its just the fact that i waited to buy every LE saber that came out because they were limited collectibles and once they sold out--they sold out. granted i am little jealous because the EE do look great, but they should have only done new characters' lightsabers.
**think of it like this-- all you guys that pre-ordered all the SS PF statues. you waited in line to get the exclusives that sold out, or you waited to get the regular editions that sold out. wouldn't you be serisously P.O. if sideshow decided to re-issue the darth vader 5 years down the road with basically nothing changed except for sideshow calling it the "elite edition"??

Well, since the news is now leaked regarding the MR Luke EPIV LE 'Retailer Exclusive' Lightsaber (limited to 1500) all I'll say is it was only a matter of time before they came out with it. I remember a time when buying a "limited edition" lightsaber from MR meant something; but, MR has lost their way and my business. I'm glad I sold my EE's since they will no doubt come up with another reason to make the same sabers again. Ultimate Editions and made from titanium. LOL! I may get the Luke ANH LE...not sure yet, but Qui-Gon's saber will definitely be my last purchase from MR.

I've sold all my MR sabers except my favorite: the Mace Windu Signature Edition. The only other Star Wars MR I own is the Thermal Detonator Signature Edition.

For reasons previously mention, I've given up on MR$...

Back