Did you get the Serenity dvd?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well who all got it yesterday??
I cant believe only 1 disc!:banghead BUT the outtakes were funny as hell!

Mine arrived last Friday, from playusa.com. I love the extras, though I am also looking forward to the UK release, because there are more extras.

This film gets better every time I watch it! :D

I'm waiting for mine,UPS is late today,but I will get it today for sure,just checked and status shows: "out for delivery":banana
I can't wait:joy

I absolutely loved the movie, but I just saw it 3 months ago in the theater. I'll probably pick it up in a few months when it's not so fresh in my memory and I get the urge to rewatch it.

I liked it too much that Im going to wait for the Special Edition, Ultimate, or Directors Cut etc etc result. The single disc wont satisfy me once the rerelease comes out.

Got mine yesterday...watched it front to back last night.
In case you don't already know, there's an Easter egg...
from the main menu....
highlight "Play"
arrow left and enter.....enjoy:banana

Alright, I was avoiding all this Serenity hoopla mostly because of the rabid Brown Shirts or whatever they're called pimping this movie as being better then sliced bread, Star Wars, or sex. :rolleyes:
I just bought the DVD at Wallfart, the thing that made me want to buy it though was the extra Widescreen Hulk DVD included for a total of $20. I've been looking to pick that one up.
The Serenity DVD cover art does suck I might add. I'm not too sure about how good the movie is, Never seen it. :joy

I bought mine on tuesday. I'll have to make time to watch it in a few days. I don't care for the cover art either, but the movie was just so good.

Buy this DVD! If it doesn't do spectacularly well then no more Firefly - EVER!

I just got it from Amazon. Watched the extras immediately and thanks for the easter egg tip. The bloopers were funny. Strange how they censor language in the documentaries but not in the outtakes.

You are right Dave...

PEOPLE... if you weren't too excited by the amount of extras on this disc and are waiting from some ULTIMATE two-disc set to come along... DON"T!!! The shi**y" cover (it looks like a movie that would star C. Thomas Howell) should be a CLEAR signal to you that the studio releasing it has no respect for the property. NO DELUXE VERSION IS PLANNED! This is it.

I do not consider myself a Browncoat... I just love a good story and the story of the crew of Serenity IS a GREAT story.

"You can't stop the signal" was the selling line for the film. Now, we cannot let that signal die. The DVD sales of Serenity is all that is left to show the suits at Universal to continue transmitting that signal.

I picked one up the day it came out as a stocking stuffer for the wifey. I haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it =)

I watched Serenity for the first time.
Warning Spoilers ahead!
It was pretty good, I loved the dialog and characters much more here then on the TV show. The special effects were pretty good, and the story was very good. But the damn action editing was too jarring. they cut the action scenes too fast IMHO.
And there was nothing about the space scenes that really wowed me. Like a giant star destroyer flying overhead for what seems like forever. ;)
I liked the chase at the beginning and the flying sled thing looked cool but that Serenity spaceship is one of the most ugliest, most boring spaceships I've seen in Sci-Fi. I've seen some other really boring ones that are far worse, but this ship is not worthy of being a principal marquee spaceship (my opinion).

I thought the "Buffy karate" moves were out of place. And why is the lead bad guy using a sword? I can understand the lightsaber in a futuristic Space Opera, but a sword?
I also don't get why Mal left the lead bad guy alive. Why didn't he just kill him? I at first thought he left him there to die slowly from choking which was cool, but having him be alive at the end sucked. Two important main characters die in this movie but the bad guy gets to live? Bah! :thwak

Just listened to the commentary. As entertaining as Joss is by himself, it's really missing the cast. Seeing this group on stage it's impressive how entertaining, funny and smart every single one of them is.

But even Joss and Nathan together would have been far better, as the two of them playing off each other is magic.

I'm hoping that they do a double-dip and do more extensive commentaries as well as all the extras from other regions.

Back