Gentle Giant Wampa Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything Star Wars related in a long time, but I saw this and thought it looked really cool, anyone know anything more about this, like when its coming out or how much it is?

Wampa.jpg

I think it looks like a really nice piece. I want one, but it's not in the cards at the moment. GG pieces like this often go down in value as well, although as I recall this one has a pretty low edition size.

Im really really hating GG right now. Nothing is released on time and takes forever........ and they totally destroyed the Luke Bespin Statue....:banghead

Im really really hating GG right now. Nothing is released on time and takes forever........ and they totally destroyed the Luke Bespin Statue....:banghead

Hey, at least GG had the balls to show customers they destroyed it before it started shipping.

And that's not directed at anyone in particular. :monkey3

Im hoping this thing ships before next year with GG track record. I think that only about two things have came out from them this entire year. It seems like they have been cancelling alot of products lately.

Great looking peice. I'm pretty sure this will not be released until next year. With all the factory closing in China GG is having some problems meeting their deadlines.

I like it.... GG 's monsters are nice...The Rancor was a great piece.

Got #79 today. Some people have had problems with parts of the probe droid breaking, but mine seems fine (well, it's broken but in the intended way). I really like this piece a lot. The snow effect looks good, and the base is cast in a translucent blue material and then coated with the "snow" to make it look a lot like ice. I have a feeling this one may be hard to find in the future.

gg_wampa1.jpg

gg_wampa2.jpg

gg_wampa3.jpg

gg_wampa4.jpg

gg_wampa5.jpg

How big should it be in relation to a Tauntaun? I would say the humans on the Tauntauns are about as big as I would have expected them to be, taking into account that the wampa is squatting and they are seated.

Last edited:
I was interested. Passing now it's not to scale with the Tauntans

I always imagined the Tauntauns to be of similar size to the Wampa. In the film, the Wampa reached straight out at the neck of Luke's Tauntaun - which would make them about the same height.

Maybe it is in scale, still looks a little short for my taste. I always thought a Wampa had a bit of height on a Tauntaun. Don't get me wrong still think it looks great.

Last edited:
Back