As we wait for SDCC 2009...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:monkey2 Some day...

My wife said the other day she wished that she could send me (maybe that's not a good thing :naughty).

princess-leia-metal-bikini-sdcc.jpg

I've said this a million times before, but it's worth saying again... every collector needs to attend SDCC at least (at least, at least) once in their life. You will never look at collecting and pop-culture the same way again. It's a quasi-religious experience! Work OT, pawn the household jewels, sell your blood... do whatever it takes to get there... but get there!!!

Plus, the Sideshow Freaks party is one of the best events of the entire week 'cause Darklord Dave knows how to throw a friggin' great bash!!!

i have decided to go in "cold" this year... for the past five years i have not been able to resist checking out the previews online, but this year is going to be different... i want to go in and let it unfold without knowing exactly what to expect.

I've said this a million times before, but it's worth saying again... every collector needs to attend SDCC at least (at least, at least) once in their life. You will never look at collecting and pop-culture the same way again. It's a quasi-religious experience! Work OT, pawn the household jewels, sell your blood... do whatever it takes to get there... but get there!!!

Plus, the Sideshow Freaks party is one of the best events of the entire week 'cause Darklord Dave knows how to throw a friggin' great bash!!!

Very true. I went the first time four years ago and I haven't been able to "not-go" since. This will be the 4th year for me. :banana

The only downside is I actually feel the people stuck at home online actually know more of what is going on than the people actually at the show. There is just so much going on, unless you have a computer with you, its hard to know just what and when something is happening. :google

I wonder what will the center piece for this year be?

Previously we had the 1/6 Jabba setup, 1/4 Biker Scout on Speeder Bike and last year we had 1/6 Vader and Stormies.

Whatever it may be, I would definitely hope its from the 1/6 line.:)

I think it might be a Tauntaun. That would be cool but they would also need to do a Wampa and really release two Tauntaun Hans and Lukes

I never attended a toy show and I forget what to expect from each one.

At SDCC will we see proto types of collectibles mentioned and available for pre-order or / and proto types of collectibles unknown to the collecting community thus far?

I never attended a toy show and I forget what to expect from each one.

At SDCC will we see proto types of collectibles mentioned and available for pre-order or / and proto types of collectibles unknown to the collecting community thus far?

Expect everything! Prototypes, concept pieces and much more. It's every company's chance to impress the world with their products. But most importantly, expect lines, lots and lots of lines. And beware the fanboy funk.

Back