Is it too early to pre-order DX Batman from Ebay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had any trouble fom pre ordering from ABC Express on eBay and some have been massively long preorders, waited over a year for ED209 I think.

In what way? Can they pull money from your PayPal account as they please?... I thought that has to be authorized/confirmed...

You have to pay them immediately, upon winning the auction. But after 45 days, Paypal will not let you get your money back, no matter what (even if they never send it, three months down the line, when the pre-ordered figure is released). There's no enforcement whatsoever.

I pre-ordered the Joker DX on Ebay from some guy named Tony Cheung, but that was when I thought the DX would be out in only a month or two. I'm starting to get a little worried now...

The way the world economy is at the moment, I'd avoid pre-ordering with anyone who you have to pay up-front. The possibility that these sorts of traders could go out of business is just too high.

I would never pre-order anything from eBay especially something that is that far away from being released. Why should they get your money NOW for something you won't see for 6 months?

I never buy a thing through ebay ether I always buy things through UrbanCollector and they only charge you 10% at preorder then the full amount at shipping time. Thats where I grabbed MMS DX 02 Batman from them.

"Product shown is not final"

Do we even NEED this thread?

There is nothing wrong with eBay, if IF! you have a good reliable seller but buying something that is not even finished and more than 6 months away is the TOP of naivety.

"Product shown is not final"

Do we even NEED this thread?

There is nothing wrong with eBay, if IF! you have a good reliable seller but buying something that is not even finished and more than 6 months away is the TOP of naivety.

you are exaggerating with your 'top of naivety' :rolleyes:

people who are pré-ordering are happy with the result of this DX TDK and wouldn't mind getting a figure that looks like on those like this unfinished figure.
And they might also consider in mind that the figure can only improve.

So, imo, those people have nothing but good reasons to pré-order.
The figure itself looks good, even unfinished, so why wouldn't they.

I myself would not pré-order on ebay just for safety, you can't get your money back afther a few months, and since this is more than 6 months away from us, I don't pré-order.

But your accusation is based on the figure? well I say you are exaggerating.
Hell, I wouldn't doubt to pré-order with Joe right here on the board if I could

So yess we need this tread! because it is a certainty that this figure will only improve and you better be fast!

I'll pre-order from my comic shop via Previews.I prefer dealing with people I know,and whenever we get a DC solicitation,it also means a release date.

When i got into 1/6 collecting full time in 2008, i fell into the trap of pre ordering through ebay MONTHS in advance of release. It was a combination of being excited about the item, coupled with the cheaper deal they use to entice people to buy. I racked up quite a few p.o's and only NOW am i down to Ironman mkI with ABC and the Tumbler with Goodshipped.
The one good thing about pre ordering is that you've paid up front so you dont have to worry about getting the $'s together at time of release. Now dont get me wrong, ABC and Goodshipped are two of the best dealers there and the only guys i use. All my p.o's have been honoured and arrived safely. However in retrospect it is a risk giving your money away sometimes 6mnths to a year ahead of time. You lose that 45 day protection and all you have is the sellers word they'll deliver....
I learnt through experience not to jump the gun like this again. Now, i predominantly use Toys2 if i ever p.o and have built up a good relationship with them. They charge a bit more but are really good. ABC and particularly Leo at Goodshipped are are standup guys imo and i'll continue to use them too. But the days of me rushing to p.o a figure is long gone. Like Snake says, i just order on or just before release...

Back