We'll never see 12" figures based on 3.75" figures that came with vehicles . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
We'll never see 12" figures based on 3.75" figures that came with vehicles . . .

I just realized . . . we'll probably never see 12" figures based on 3.75" figures that came with vehicles regardless of their popularity, stature, etc.

Examples . . .

Ace
Clutch
Steeler
Grandslam
Wild Weasel
Deep Six
Cutter
HISS Driver
Copperhead
Heavy Metal
Cross Country
Lift Ticket
Crankcase

Of course . . . the obvious exception(s) . . .

Zartan
Wild Bill
Cover Girl

Of course . . . all of this rather moot . . .

Re: We'll never see 12" figures based on 3.75" figures that came with vehicles . . .

I'd say there are several on that list that we will see, but quite a few are bottom line characters.

I could see Wild Weasel and HISS Driver, Clutch, Grand Slam, Hawk being made.

Re: We'll never see 12" figures based on 3.75" figures that came with vehicles . . .

I think we will see a HISS driver since he is just a re-colored trooper.

Depends on the success of the line, but frankly, I don't think we should ever see characters such as Crankcase, Heavy Metal, or Cross Country. They just wouldn't sell. Clutch and Steeler are essential, earlier Joes, and Copperhead and Wild Weasel have great looks, so I wouldn't be shocked if those eventually got made.

most of those are very bottom barrell anyway, at the current pace it would be 10 years til one of them is even thought about....not because of being a vehicle pack in though.

I can see Wild Bill being made.

most of those are very bottom barrell anyway, at the current pace it would be 10 years til one of them is even thought about....not because of being a vehicle pack in though.

I can see Wild Bill being made.

That's being a little optimistic! :lol

I think these are essential and are likely to be made:
Ace
Wild Weasel
Copperhead
Zartan
Wild Bill
Cover Girl

And I hope they get to make Sgt. Slaughter someday (He came with the Triple T ;)).

At the rate these are getting released, we wont see almost any of these, im thinking we may get only 3-4 more figures max (i think making us wait another year for scarlett or baroness is a joke-line may be dead by then)

im thinking we may get only 3-4 more figures max

You're right. I'm sure that when such unpopular characters as Firefly, Beach Head, and Zartan are announced next year enthusiasm will be at an all time low and the line will quickly die.

i recently was searching the yojoe archives for a figure with an outfit to kitbash from my current inventory and found a Coast Guard figure that could kitbash into this guy Cutter.
3123001262_15321cc0f2.jpg

Can someone give me a rundown of his character? I don't remember him at all.

Frankly I'm fine with this being a limited, "main guys only" line. That being said I could see them doing Wild Bill and Zartan, and maybe also Cover Girl, Wild Weasel, Clutch, V1 Hawk, Grand Slam and Steeler.

I think we will see a HISS driver since he is just a re-colored trooper.

???

Cutter was the pilot of the Killer Whale Hovercraft and a Red Sox fan.

cutter.jpg

whale_box.jpg

https://www.yojoe.com/action/84/cutter.shtml

Definitely one of my favorite Joe pilots/drivers along with Wild Bill and Heavy Metal.

Thanks, interesting info. Any good leads on a head for him?

i recently was searching the yojoe archives for a figure with an outfit to kitbash from my current inventory and found a Coast Guard figure that could kitbash into this guy Cutter.
3123001262_15321cc0f2.jpg

Can someone give me a rundown of his character? I don't remember him at all.

IMO, Cutter was the worst thing about the amazing Killer Whale vehicle. I hated the figure as he didn't look enough like the other Joe soldiers; Olive green or camouflaged.

Hasbro actually made the dude in 12" format. :huh

really? I can't find it on google. I do own a 12" figure Coast Guard fig from the Classic Collection line (non RAH) pretty sure it came with a generic Joe head not mustache.

Last edited:

was Copperhead awesome!!!

Thanks, interesting info. Any good leads on a head for him?

I used the HT Night Ops Halo head because I had it lying around, but I'm sure there's Dragon heads with 'staches.

really? I can't find it on google. I do own a 12" figure Coast Guard fig from the Classic Collection line (non RAH) pretty sure it came with a generic Joe head not mustache.

That might be who I was thinking about. I checked my parts bin and found the blue ballcap and orange vest... no figure. :huh The TRU 3-pack's Wild Bill head would be a good substitute.

Back