The New Sideshow Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kookie

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think I know what the new announcement is this week. If you go to the new Ghost Rider website there is a link for Ghost Rider collectibles which has a picture of a Ghost Rider maquette being offered from Sideshow!!!

Click link then hit "enter site"

https://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Wonder if this is the first time that a studio has showed something before SSC even announced it...

Kookie said:
I think I know what the new announcement is this week. If you go to the new Ghost Rider website there is a link for Ghost Rider collectibles which has a picture of a Ghost Rider maquette being offered from Sideshow!!!

Click link then hit "enter site"

https://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Just fits under the Marvel License not a new license per say

Wait a minute. the SS site with the present says Marvel 1:1 busts, this is not that. hmmm, maybe there is still hope for a LOTR PF

The announcement isn't a new license necessarily. It lists the SW 1:1, LotR PFs and SW 12" as other major announcements. I don't know that a Ghost Rider maquette qualifies as that major an announcement.

Darklord Dave said:
The announcement isn't a new license necessarily. It lists the SW 1:1, LotR PFs and SW 12" as other major announcements. I don't know that a Ghost Rider maquette qualifies as that major an announcement.

This is a direct quote from the SS homepage regarding the announcement

Sideshow Collectibles will be announcing another very special license just in time for Christmas!

Definitely should be a new license from that description. Technically wouldn't the LOTR PFs be considered a new license for them as well?

I agree though that a Ghost Rider maquette would fall under the Marvel License.

enough of this guys...what do you think of the maquette...I think it looks very cool....I wonder how SS will approach the flames?

Hi guys,
I have no clue about the new license but I was responsible for the Ghostrider sculpture. As far as the flames go the angle of the picture that has been posted make it hard to see much of any flames at all ,but trust me there are enough and I'm sure the guys at SS will do an incredible job on the finished piece. After finished pics go up I'll post some unpainted shots of the sculpture.

Ray Villafane said:
Hi guys,
I have no clue about the new license but I was responsible for the Ghostrider sculpture. As far as the flames go the angle of the picture that has been posted make it hard to see much of any flames at all ,but trust me there are enough and I'm sure the guys at SS will do an incredible job on the finished piece. After finished pics go up I'll post some unpainted shots of the sculpture.

awesome work dude........anymore work in the pipeline? :D :D

Ray Villafane said:
Hi guys,

Thanks Ray!! I can't wait to see more.

The statue so far looks great!
But I hope this isn't the new big announcement.
I'm hoping Marvel lets Sideshow release a 12" Movie Ghostrider figure. :drool

Good eye finding that pic!

But no, it's not the "big announcement".

But I can give you a hint-

Bill Murray.

Rodney Dangerfield.

Theme by Kenny Loggins.

Woo Hoo!

"I'm all right...nobody worryin' 'bout me...":banana

"Kill all the golfers? But they'll put me away!"

Back