In an ideal world how many Marvel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Premium Formats, Comiquettes, Dioramas and LSBs (excluding AH, Brooks & Cho) would you like to see a year?

I would like to see at least 5 from each line a year. How about you guys?

One PF / comiquette a quarter.

Agreed. One PF/Comiquette per quarter. As for the LSBs and Dios, I'd like to see 2 per year. This way it keeps me in the hobby for a while, instead of "maxing out" after a few years.

One PF / comiquette a quarter.

:lecture Spoken for truth, but you have to add dioramas and LSBs because many like those as well...

Oh, and they have to be GOOD PFs/Comiquettes, not this crap we have been seeing over the last year. What I don't get, is why Sideshow strayed from this plan when it is what made their Marvel line so popular in the first place. From a business standpoint, their Marvel line in the last year or so has completely boggled me.

Three a year from each format.
I would probably like that as well; it would let me buy some statues from other lines.

I also am hoping to see a little more action from the Marvel 1:1 bust department.

Are you guys saying that you would buy every release? With recent character choices at five per year I might only be interested in two of them. Your not going to max yourself out on two per year surely.

Are you guys saying that you would buy every release? With recent character choices at five per year I might only be interested in two of them. Your not going to max yourself out on two per year surely.

Well, I personally would rather have a more limited release schedule with VERY popular Marvel character-based pieces. I'm not saying EVERY piece has to have a Spider-Man theme or Iron-Man theme, but there are a lot of A-list characters who deserve some statue "treatment." I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind some of these recent releases.

But on the opposite end of the coin, if Sideshow puts out too many releases with A-list heroes, then eventually there would be no need for me to purchase pieces eventually. (which is what I meant by "maxing out.")

Here are my numbers:
Premium Formats - 3 per year
Comiquettes (including AH, Brooks & Cho) - 5 per year
Dioramas - 2 per year
LSBs - 3 per year

Probably 2 PF's and 2 Comiquettes a year. Anything more than that would be too much money for me personally and I probably wouldn't get every single one, depending on what I'm interested in.

Well, I personally would rather have a more limited release schedule with VERY popular Marvel character-based pieces. I'm not saying EVERY piece has to have a Spider-Man theme or Iron-Man theme or X-Men, but there are a lot of A-list characters who deserve some statue "treatment." I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind some of these recent releases.

Agree 100%. The best way I can put it is like this: The first few years Sideshow did the Marvel line, I tried to buy every character after I started collecting; I didn't care for Green Goblin, Elektra, or Hulk, but I bought Logan, Punisher, Captain America, Ironman, Thing, Thor, and Red Skull. I also bought Mystique, but returned her because I just couldn't get over her not having the white dress. I was unable to get Wolverine, Spiderman, and Doom during release because the wife was going through college, I was paying off my credential, and we were saving for a house; but now am at the point where I am tracking those three down and paying a premium for them.

These were core characters that I cared about and was willing to shell out $200-$350 for. Personally, I would much rather have a slower release rate of core characters that the bulk of fans are requesting, rather than Sideshow pumping out comiquettes of obscure, 2nd/3rd or even 4th tier, or "double dipped" characters.

I know there are a very select few who are happy with Sideshow's release schedule over the last year or so. But honestly, Sideshow needs to listen to the bulk of their fans and continue follow the schedule/character release that made their Marvel comiquette/PF line so popular in the first place. I must admit, that Sideshow's releases over the last year have REALLY got me into Bowen, plus, Bowen actively and actually listens to his fans.

The problem as I see it is that SS would have to produce 5 to 6 PFs a year as I am sure I would only be interested in a couple. If they only produce two a year and they both hold no interest for me it would be depressing

Not really into dio's and lsb. I'd prefer if they would only do 1/4 scaled pieces.

One 1/4 scale comiquette per quarter.
One AH!/Cho statue per quarter.

I'd also like to see one 1:1 bust per year. Starting with Hulk or Classic Iron Man. :)

Give me 3 or 4 comiquettes a year of characters that I actually want and I would be very happy. SS could start with a Cap, Spidey, Thor, Hulk, or Daredevil comiquette and I would then do something crazy, like buy a SS statue. The only thing I have on order is the Black Queen EX. I really don't care how many PF's are made. Not fond of them. The only other thing I'll pick up from time to time are the dios. I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of those a year.

Back