PDA

View Full Version : Cinemaquette has the Star Wars License ?

Spiker
07-07-2009, 03:00 AM
True or not true? Anybody knows something about that? There is a rumor on Rebelscum.

raider
07-07-2009, 09:46 AM
i find it very unlikely as they have said in the past that they will only produce one figure per film from now on, with what it would cost to pay MR Lucas to get the rights to make star wars stuff it would not be worth any money to them.

dont get me wrong id love to see CM star wars stuff, just dont see it happening

MaulFan
07-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I would imagine if they ever did, it would probably be just to do Vader, which if done right, I might finally be willing to buy one of their pieces, but they're so expensive it'd have to be the right character and flawless, Vader'd have a good shot, humans they can make realistic but they don't look much like who they're supposed to be as far as actors.

LOTRFan
07-07-2009, 09:56 AM
True or not true? Anybody knows something about that? There is a rumor on Rebelscum.

Vader has been rumored for years; the next CM to be released will be a Reeve Superman.

slynger
07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
according to what I've heard (mainly on 'scum) is that CM is releasing or previewing one bad guy and one good guy at SDCC - with Superman obviously being the good guy, it is rumored that Vader will be the baddie.

I gotta agree with what was stated above, CM would have to pay out the nose for the SW licensing fee and to do just one character doesn't make sense for the cost - unless they build their cost into Vader and charge the consumer - who knows.

We'll find out soon enough!!

Darklord Dave
07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
i find it very unlikely as they have said in the past that they will only produce one figure per film from now on, with what it would cost to pay MR Lucas to get the rights to make star wars stuff it would not be worth any money to them.

dont get me wrong id love to see CM star wars stuff, just dont see it happening

Where did you hear about one character per film?

I would not be surprised to see Vader at SDCC.

Sir Tristram
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Where did you hear about one character per film?

I would not be surprised to see Vader at SDCC.

Yeah, I have not heard that either....especially since they were supposed to make Legolas and Gandalf, too!

tomandshell
07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd like to see it in person if they ever produced a Star Wars character, but I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Darth Waller
07-07-2009, 01:42 PM
It'd be a double-edged sword if CM did Star Wars. On one had I would love them to do a 1/3 scale Vader, but on the other hand I don't know if I could cough up that much money on one statue.

Sideshow just needs to come up with another Vader, but something like the first Attakus statue.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7710/attakus4uk2.jpg

(Sorry for the big picture - it's all I could find on Google)

Gruson
07-07-2009, 05:06 PM
That's the rumor...and Vader being the first release is also a rumor.

I REALLY hope it's true.

I have been wanting a CM Vader for years now. It would be the only Star Wars CM I would buy too, ok, maybe Fett. :)

Hopefully they will announce it at SDCC.

First Superman and hopefully Vader. Perfect timing, as I just got back into collectig and bought the CM Endo, Indy, and T800. :)

Empire or ANH Vader would be ideal.

:banana
:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Darklord Dave
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
That's the rumor...and Vader being the first release is also a rumor.

I REALLY hope it's true.

I have been wanting a CM Vader for years now. It would be the only Star Wars CM I would buy too, ok, maybe Fett. :)

Hopefully they will announce it at SDCC.

First Superman and hopefully Vader. Perfect timing, as I just got back into collectig and bought the CM Endo, Indy, and T800. :)

Empire or ANH Vader would be ideal.

:banana

I don't know that I want to spend $4k in a single year for just 2 collectibles, but I'd really welcome Vader too.

Gruson
07-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't know that I want to spend $4k in a single year for just 2 collectibles, but I'd really welcome Vader too.

You know you will get both Reeve and Vader! :)

I just cannot wait to see pictures of them.

Nitro
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I can't either Gru. I'm looking forward to the Reeve Superman, but a Vader would be icing on the cake!

Vader AL
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
i refuse to believe this until i see the official annoucement..don't want to get my hopes up. wonder if it will have Prowse's or J.E. Jones' sig? At the price they'll be asking, I hope both.

Agent23
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
CM Vader will be tough for me to pass on. I'd really like to see it announced at SDCC.

Nitro
07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
My thing is how much would CM sell their version of Vader for when you factor in Lucasfilms licensing fees (if they did infact get a license for something like this)?

Darklord Dave
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
My thing is how much would CM sell their version of Vader for when you factor in Lucasfilms licensing fees (if they did infact get a license for something like this)?

I really can't see it costing more than Indy at $2000. That had Lucas' license fee and Harrison's signature. I doubt JEJ or Prowse can command a huge bunch of coconuts for a bunch of autographs. However if it was both of them and Hayden and George all signing - that would be a different bunch of coconuts.

Gruson
07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I really can't see it costing more than Indy at $2000. That had Lucas' license fee and Harrison's signature. I doubt JEJ or Prowse can command a huge bunch of coconuts for a bunch of autographs. However if it was both of them and Hayden and George all signing - that would be a different bunch of coconuts.

Jones' signature would be the best IMO...then Prowse.

My guess is it will cost between $1500-$2000. As Dave said, no Ford signature to save big money and it's not as detailed as the Predator so should not be more.

winter
07-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Will the Attackus Vader I statue be dethroned? We'll have to wait and see. I don't look forward to dropping $2,000 on a statue, but if it happens it'll be a necessity for sure.

Gruson
07-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Will the Attackus Vader I statue be dethroned? We'll have to wait and see. I don't look forward to dropping $2,000 on a statue, but if it happens it'll be a necessity for sure.

Hopefully! Attakus is a nice piece for sure but the detail on the Cinemaquette should blow the Attakus away!

Plus a 1/3 Vader will be almost as big as the CM Predator! :)

big al
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
The costume would be great, but why get a cinemaquette of Vader,
They are sucha good company as they actually make statues look like the actors, which would be a bit of a stupid thing with Vader imo.

Darth Con
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Any idea if the Jack sparrow and Indiana Jones CM signatures are actually real?
I think they are just re-prints and the actors signed the 'Master Copy', ive tried studying mine but its really hard to tell without having any others to compare too.
It really killed the excitment for me to have these once i found out :(

Im looking forward to Superman and if Vader is true then im gona have to start saving for that :D

Brent72
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
If CM did a Vader and it was perfect(and I do mean PERFECT) I'd plunk down the cash for one. Having said that, I'll believe it when I see it.

ambasah
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
The costume would be great, but why get a cinemaquette of Vader,
They are sucha good company as they actually make statues look like the actors, which would be a bit of a stupid thing with Vader imo.

some would disagree with their ability to do that...

Vader AL
07-08-2009, 09:37 PM
If CM did a Vader and it was perfect(and I do mean PERFECT) I'd plunk down the cash for one. Having said that, I'll believe it when I see it.

and it would be 1/3 scale! some may be turned off by that size but I would love it.

Gruson
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Found out most are not real sigs.

LOTRFan
07-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Very much agreed. :peace

Beerbelly Bob
07-10-2009, 12:17 AM
A Vader Cinemaquette as a possibility plus Superman? It looks like that company will be getting a lot of my money this year. Don't forget I haven't even seen what Sideshow is releasing at SDCC. It's going to be an expensive year; however, I'll be having the time of my life. God I love this hobby.

Anakin
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
I think they are just re-prints and the actors signed the 'Master Copy', ive tried studying mine but its really hard to tell without having any others to compare too.
It really killed the excitment for me to have these once i found out :(

Im looking forward to Superman and if Vader is true then im gona have to start saving for that :D

The signatures are real. I confirmed it with them a while back.

That is why Indy cost $2k instead of $1500!

Darth Con is right,.. the signature are re-prints ,.. only the Masters are signed,.

Faken
07-10-2009, 11:04 AM

I agree, I think most of their human likeness attempts are laughable...

big al
07-11-2009, 02:24 AM
play.com have Indy for 950, should I sell my At AT and get him?

Vader AL
07-18-2009, 10:26 AM
any new news on this one? Man I hope it's legit...if not I hope the SS bust is 1:1.

anakin1138
07-18-2009, 05:26 PM

I think I'll have to start save money too If this rumor is true!!!:emperor

Darklord Dave
07-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Darth Con is right,.. the signature are re-prints ,.. only the Masters are signed,.

That's a pretty serious accusation - do you have proof?

fantasymaker
07-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I would imagine if they ever did, it would probably be just to do Vader, which if done right, I might finally be willing to buy one of their pieces, but they're so expensive it'd have to be the right character and flawless, Vader'd have a good shot, humans they can make realistic but they don't look much like who they're supposed to be as far as actors.

yes , i think the same thing .

The Mike
07-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Ugh. Between Reeve Superman Cinemaquette, Sideshow Iron Man Mark 3 and now a possible Cinemaquette Vader, its gonna be an expensive 2009/2010. My wallet just got up and hid from me...

ambasah
07-19-2009, 05:02 AM
add to that the possibility of a 1:1 vader bust from Sideshow...I think I will have to start selling some of my stuff for the funds and to make room.

anakin1138
07-19-2009, 05:45 AM
add to that the possibility of a 1:1 vader bust from Sideshow...I think I will have to start selling some of my stuff for the funds and to make room.

Me too, as I'm coming back home in August from a period of work outside Italy I will start to sell my Star Wars 12" Figures collection and the remaining statues Attakus I have to sell... and some other stuff I have which is not Star Wars but LOTR and Final Fantasy stuff... I'll keep collecting Star Wars PFs all of them... 1:1 Busts and some replicas... and of Course if it's true I'll order the Cinemaquette Darth Vader. :emperor

Anakin
07-19-2009, 06:40 AM

Call them and ask for yourself,... They said that already many times in the past,..

Darklord Dave
07-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Call them and ask for yourself,... They said that already many times in the past,..

Someone else said that they said the opposite.

LOTRFan
07-19-2009, 07:34 PM
A few more days and you can ask in person. :banana

jkno
07-20-2009, 01:35 AM

As an autograph collector I'd be REALLY interested if this is a copy or original. A copy costs less than the photo it is printed on it...

Master Replicas had actors/celebrities signing the plaques for real. See below my Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Master%20Replicas%20eFX%20and%20Props/?start=40), the large plaque is signed by Phil Tippett with MR and the smaller ones signed by Julian Glover (General Veers - Indy fans will also recognize the actor ;)) and Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver). They are all signed for real not copies or autopen.

http://i27.tinypic.com/jil7wl.jpg

Anakin
07-20-2009, 02:19 AM

Someone else said that they said the opposite.

I don't accuse people if I'm not right,..

Here's the proof,.. http://www.coolwatersprods.com/id98.html

From APRIL 18, 2008:
Coolwaters Productions LLC is pleased to announce that we have secured the personal approval of Mr. Harrison Ford for the new INDIANA JONES CINEMAQUETTE from TOYNAMI!
Mr. Ford was so impressed with the detailed attention to this fully licensed product that he personally signed the master Certificate of Authenticity

tnaig001
07-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Ugh. Between Reeve Superman Cinemaquette, Sideshow Iron Man Mark 3 and now a possible Cinemaquette Vader, its gonna be an expensive 2009/2010. My wallet just got up and hid from me...

Mine got up and set itself on fire :lol

Damned wallets, no backbone nowadays :lol

Gruson
07-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Dave, I spoke to George at CM about it.

Most are copies.

The HR Giger has the real signature and I believe the Steve Wang is real.

I confirmed that Winston, Arnold, Depp, and HF are all copies though.

I always thought the Indy was $2k and not $1250 like Arnold because of the sig...guess not.

icruise
07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't CM have made a bigger deal about the signatures if they were real? The first I heard about Ford's signature being with the CM Indy is in this thread.

jkno
07-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Dave, I spoke to George at CM about it.

Most are copies.

The HR Giger has the real signature and I believe the Steve Wang is real.

I confirmed that Winston, Arnold, Depp, and HF are all copies though.

I always thought the Indy was $2k and not $1250 like Arnold because of the sig...guess not.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

The Mike
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Huh. Master Replicas had Harrison Ford handsign the plaques for the Millennium Falcon piece they did and made a huge deal about it, showing pics of how signatures were a bit different from each one and including a picture of him signing them with the pile there for their COAs. Why didn't Cinemaquette do the same thing?

jet_force_juno
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Huh. Master Replicas had Harrison Ford handsign the plaques for the Millennium Falcon piece they did and made a huge deal about it, showing pics of how signatures were a bit different from each one and including a picture of him signing them with the pile there for their COAs. Why didn't Cinemaquette do the same thing?

Because asking the subjects to hand sign all the certificates has never been what they have done.

Darklord Dave
07-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Well, they do claim that having him sign was one of the reasons it was so expensive. He still got a payment for "endorsing" it, but I hope it wasn't as much for not signing each one.

jkno
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
A copy of an autograph is not a real autograph. That's why autopens or secretarials are 99.9% of the times worthless.

jet_force_juno
07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
A copy of an autograph is not a real autograph. That's why autopens or secretarials are 99.9% of the times worthless.

Indeed. But Cinemaquette never said they were autogrpahs, just that the COA bears a signature.

And besides, if my primary motivation were to own not only the statue, but also the autograph, I'd expect to pay a lot more than I did for mine. An autograph is a "nice to have", but the fact is that most don't even bother displaying the COA (or even taking it out of the box), so it would be a needless extra expense for a lot of owners who are really mainly interested in the pieces themselves.

jkno
07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Indeed. But Cinemaquette never said they were autogrpahs, just that the COA bears a signature.

And besides, if my primary motivation were to own not only the statue, but also the autograph, I'd expect to pay a lot more than I did for mine. An autograph is a "nice to have", but the fact is that most don't even bother displaying the COA (or even taking it out of the box), so it would be a needless extra expense for a lot of owners who are really mainly interested in the pieces themselves.

Still that signature is just a copy, no need for Cinemaquette to make such a case of that... now if we talk about a signed plaque like MR/eFx do then it is another story.

Vader AL
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
any word on this?

Brent72
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Hopefully we'll get word on this from someone at the show very soon(hint, hint).

Vader AL
07-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Hopefully we'll get word on this from someone at the show very soon(hint, hint).

yes PLEASE someone tell us. :monkey5

Vader AL
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
so no one can confirm or deny this one yet?

Gruson
07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, Superman kind of let me down...hope they correct the issues I have with it.

So PLEASE tell me there is something of Vader....although I doubt it since Dave already went by the booth...

Vader AL
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
i guess it's safe to say no Vader. :monkey2

Gruson
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
i guess it's safe to say no Vader. :monkey2

Yeah, dissapointing...wish they would at least announce it.

Brent72
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Bummer. I was really hoping this was going to happen.

jkno
07-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm kind of glad. This way I can direct my money towards the SS 1:1 Vader bust.

Gruson
07-25-2009, 05:58 AM
FYI,

Someone confirmed at the show that Vader is indeed the next CM!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:vader

wofford29
07-25-2009, 05:59 AM
So word on the street is that the next Cinemaquette after Superman is going to be Darth Vader. I'll be getting this for sure.

SpawnFan
07-25-2009, 06:22 AM
For the kind of money this would cost you could get a pretty sweet custom built 1:1 Darth Vader, just sayin'......

Darth Waller
07-25-2009, 07:28 AM
FYI,

Someone confirmed at the show that Vader is indeed the next CM!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:vader

Oh my! :banana

dexter-jettster
07-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo that was the first SDCC with to much "good / expensive" news.

Darth Waller
07-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Are they ever going to have any type of flexpay?

Brent72
07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Now it's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait.

Vader AL
07-25-2009, 11:03 AM
i'm o.k. with the wait because of the other Vader stuff coming out from SS...I'm just content it's in the works and we will have one. :rock

KAOSINLA
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Wait for CM Darth or get Bust or both......decisions, money, :banghead

jkno
07-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Wait for CM Darth or get Bust or both......decisions, money, :banghead

The bust is lifesize, a very important thing for me.

Gruson
07-25-2009, 11:22 AM
It comes down to a matter of taste and space. :)

Some prefer 1:1 and others 1:3 with full body.

Both are very nice.

KAOSINLA
07-25-2009, 11:49 AM
My tastes have leaned towards busts or life-size (screen-used) props as of late, but a CM DV might sway me to add another figure. Not yet entirely convinced on the DV bust yet....

Brent72
07-25-2009, 11:55 AM
If it's done right, this will hands-down be the definitive Vader statue of all-time. CM's track record has been a little spotty as of late, though, so we won't really know anything until the final product is unveiled.

SolidLiquidFox
07-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I hope everyone remembers that Sideshow mentioned another Vader in 1/4 scale will be coming in the future. Keep that in mind when making the decision of passing on the Vader 1:1 bust.

Darth Waller
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I hope everyone remembers that Sideshow mentioned another Vader in 1/4 scale will be coming in the future. Keep that in mind when making the decision of passing on the Vader 1:1 bust.

I hope it's got a museum pose like the first Attakus Vader. That pose is perfect.

SolidLiquidFox
07-25-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a feeling it will have a pose to match their upcoming Jedi Luke PF in 2010

Gruson
07-25-2009, 08:24 PM
I too will get it...there is already a thread on it too.

I should say I will get it as long as it's not an EP3 Vader....

galactiboy
07-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Man, EP3 Vader would be an epic fail :lol And if they really wanted to kill it they could make it look like this:

http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

Sir Tristram
07-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Are they ever going to have any type of flexpay?

I don't understand why they don't! They would sell out a lot quicker if they did.

jkno
07-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Man, EP3 Vader would be an epic fail :lol And if they really wanted to kill it they could make it look like this:

http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

ROTS Vader = epic fail

http://i30.tinypic.com/2v34u9c.gif

terryvad
07-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Excellent lol ^^

terryvad
07-26-2009, 02:39 AM
I hope it's got a museum pose like the first Attakus Vader. That pose is perfect.

Agree dude, the Attakus is a :monkey5

MaulFan
07-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Hopefully this is like a mid-late 2010 piece, I will be very tempted to get it, but with the Vader 1:1, I've already made my big expense for awhile.

Darth Waller
07-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I have a feeling it will have a pose to match their upcoming Jedi Luke PF in 2010

I was never much a fan of Jedi Luke, so if they make a Vader to pose with, I'll have to pass on him again. :(

slynger
07-21-2010, 09:18 AM
sorry to bump this thread - but with comic-con hours away, curious if we will see the rumored SW Cinemaquette piece soon?

Vader AL
07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Man I hope so.

Darth Waller
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Is this rumor still going around?

slynger
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Is this rumor still going around?

not sure, that is what I was trying to figure out. Nothing panned out last year so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Gruson
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
The rumor on what happened is Vader was planned to be released. However, Lucasfilm found out CM employees were telling people about it and broke their NDA (or whatever) so Lucasfilm pulled it from CM. Not sure if that is true or not but what someone told me a while back.

That said, it is confirmed that the new CM will be at SDCC. I hope it's Vader or a Keaton Batman.

We should know soon.

slynger
07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
cool, thanks for the info

tnaig001
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
if it is vader, i am so dead :gah:

INFECDEAD
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
The rumor on what happened is Vader was planned to be released. However, Lucasfilm found out CM employees were telling people about it and broke their NDA (or whatever) so Lucasfilm pulled it from CM. Not sure if that is true or not but what someone told me a while back.

That said, it is confirmed that the new CM will be at SDCC. I hope it's Vader or a Keaton Batman.

We should know soon.

If this is true Lucas is just ____ing pathetic.

SwedishHeat
07-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Sounds like rumor-starter was playing CYA