1:6 Scale Star Wars Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
Im fairly new to the 1:6 scale collecting having just started this year. Im looking to get some good versions of Star Wars characters for my collection and Im not sure what is out there and what how everything compares with everything else. Im only collecting Original Trilogy characters, no Prequel stuff.

This is what I have so far:

SS Obi Wan Kenobi ANH
SS Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
SS Darth Vader (be here this week!)
Hasbro Han Solo in Carbonite Block
Hasbro electric C-3PO and R2-D2

I heard SS will be doing Boba Fett so I will wait for him

I need a good...

Han Solo (smuggler/tattooine)
Chewbacca (is there a good one???)
Princess Leia (thinking about getting SS ANH...but not 100% sure about it)
Emperor
Yoda
Stormtrooper (SS?)

Those are the main ones Id like, I cant really decide based on Sideshows proto pics, because a lot of the time I dont like the proto pics (but then, for example after getting my SS Indy, SS Ben Kenobi and Jedi Luke I end up liking them more than I originally thought)

Also, Im worried that after I plop down the funds for SS or whatever versions of these Hot Toys or Enterbay or someone will come along and come out with damn near perfect sculpts and tailoring for these guys so....

Anyways, collection pics, or advice would be great to help me get my 1:6 SW collection moving!

Thanks in advance!

:whip

I wouldn't wait on Hot Toys to get the license. I just picked up a Medicom Boba Fett that besides the height issue, is the jewel of my collection. This may change as my VAder will be here this week.

SS said that Boba Fett is currently not on the schedule, so you'll be waiting a very long time. Hot Toys or Enterbay picking up the license is highly unlikely as well.

SS said that Boba Fett is currently not on the schedule, so you'll be waiting a very long time. Hot Toys or Enterbay picking up the license is highly unlikely as well.

I can wait. Id rather have a Fett that is right to scale next to Vader and the others than to pay high prices for a mini-Fett.

Im a huge nit picker about scale and what not, but when it comes to high light characters like Boba Fett or Vader then Im a bit more picky lol

Im glad to hear that its highly unlikely for HT or Enterbay to nab the license so me getting the SS ones wont be a huge regret. lol

I really don't think the Medicom Boba Fett looks out of place amongst Sideshow stuff at all. I don't regret getting it, since it looks like it'll be a while until Sideshow does theirs, and I'm actually not sure if theirs will be that much better.

I agree. I have both the Boba and Jango and they look fantastic next to my SSC Star Wars 1/6th figures.

If and when Sideshow does the Fett's, I doubt I will pick them up. I do not think they can do much better than Medicom.

How tall are you thinking Boba Fett should be? Height in film is a very fluid thing, with actors' heights apparently changing from shot to shot. IMDB says that Jeremy Bulloch is 6'1" and Billy Dee Williams is 6' but Boba Fett sure looks shorter than him in this shot, and he's wearing a helmet.

lando_boba.jpg

I don't worry too much about height unless it's clearly inappropriate. The issue with Medicom is that their figures are about 12" but not 1/6 scale. That means that a Medicom Vader or Geiger Alien will look way too small compared to figures that are actually 1/6 scale. But for other figures like Boba, Jango, or troopers it's not really that big a deal unless you're really anal about scale. (IMHO of course.)

How tall are you thinking Boba Fett should be? Height in film is a very fluid thing, with actors' heights apparently changing from shot to shot. IMDB says that Jeremy Bulloch is 6'1" and Billy Dee Williams is 6' but Boba Fett sure looks shorter than him in this shot, and he's wearing a helmet.

lando_boba.jpg

I don't worry too much about height unless it's clearly inappropriate. The issue with Medicom is that their figures are about 12" but not 1/6 scale. That means that a Medicom Vader or Geiger Alien will look way too small compared to figures that are actually 1/6 scale. But for other figures like Boba, Jango, or troopers it's not really that big a deal unless you're really anal about scale. (IMHO of course.)

I dunno how tall he should be, but I guess Id prefer him to be as tall as Luke or Han. Not shorter.

Plus, if I did cave and want to get a Boba I would still cringe at the secondary market prices. Most of the time he's upwards around $200 including shipping and I don't really want to pay that price for him.

So scale and price point are the two things that are holding me back from getting him. He is a nice figure from what Ive seen, but I just think Ill wait for a SS version. :)

The Medicom version is about the same height as Bespin Luke, but a bit shorter than Jedi Luke (apparently Luke grew when he became a Jedi...)

But yeah, I wouldn't pay $200+ for him. I paid $130 for mine a couple of years ago, and maybe $110 for Jango. You can get some pretty good deals if you watch the classified sections of this and other forums though.

Plus, if I did cave and want to get a Boba I would still cringe at the secondary market prices. Most of the time he's upwards around $200 including shipping and I don't really want to pay that price for him.

Look on ebay and you will see that Boba can be had for less than $150
shipped, even down near $100 sometimes.

I like both the Hasbro VOTC Chewbacca and VOTC Boba Fett for reasonable (usually under $30) prices. They aren't SSC items for sure, but for the money very good place holders.

Han Solo (smuggler/tattooine)
Chewbacca (is there a good one???)
Princess Leia (thinking about getting SS ANH...but not 100% sure about it)
Emperor
Yoda
Stormtrooper (SS?)

The paint work on Sideshow's Smuggler Han is a bit of a let down, but even still in hand (and on display) its a really good figure.

I'm less impressed with the ANH Leia, she's okay at best. But the dress is fairly cheap, her noggin is too big and the hands are very generic. I own her just because I have all the other figures... but if you want a really good Leia I'd go with the Boushh version.

Sideshow's Stormtrooper is another very solid figure. Some loose joints, but overall I think its the best one.

Sadly I don't think there really are any good Chewbacca or ROTJ Emperor figures out there. Some good customs have been made using the 1/6 VOTC Chewbacca and adding hair to it. Also I've seen some decent looking Emperors using the Sideshow figure and Hasbro Emperor robes.

As for Yoda, the Medicom VCD is pretty well done. A little sickly looking, but the best around. And if you want to go big, I'd suggest the Jabba Throne set from Sideshow, its an excellent set and you can get it for well below retail if you keep your eyes open :duff

Here's some pics of my OT 1/6 Star Wars figures.

bb.jpg

cc.jpg

aa.jpg

This Yoda has been repainted...
bbo.jpg

newm.jpg

Thats a nice collection! Yeah Ive been debating on getting the Jabba with throne, but Ill probably wait till I have more room.

The paint work on Sideshow's Smuggler Han is a bit of a let down, but even still in hand (and on display) its a really good figure.

I'm less impressed with the ANH Leia, she's okay at best. But the dress is fairly cheap, her noggin is too big and the hands are very generic. I own her just because I have all the other figures... but if you want a really good Leia I'd go with the Boushh version.

Sideshow's Stormtrooper is another very solid figure. Some loose joints, but overall I think its the best one.

Sadly I don't think there really are any good Chewbacca or ROTJ Emperor figures out there. Some good customs have been made using the 1/6 VOTC Chewbacca and adding hair to it. Also I've seen some decent looking Emperors using the Sideshow figure and Hasbro Emperor robes.

As for Yoda, the Medicom VCD is pretty well done. A little sickly looking, but the best around. And if you want to go big, I'd suggest the Jabba Throne set from Sideshow, its an excellent set and you can get it for well below retail if you keep your eyes open :duff

Here's some pics of my OT 1/6 Star Wars figures.

bb.jpg

cc.jpg

aa.jpg

This Yoda has been repainted...
bbo.jpg

newm.jpg

Back