Custom Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope the SST Anakin looks as good as this one. This was done by a Korean artist. Has real hair, light up lightsaber, magnets on saber hilt and belt and magnets on boots soles to hold poses on metal base. Cool, huh?

Eric

anakin01.jpg

anakin02.jpg

anakin03.jpg

anakin04.jpg

anakin04.jpg

anakin05.jpg

anakin06.jpg

anakin07.jpg

anakin08.jpg

I like the hair on the custom, but overall, I prefer the face of Sideshow's.

As great as I think Sideshow's version is, that custom seems superior in every area except the hair, Im not diggin' that bit at all. The likeness and expression on that face sculpt are superb, and that light up saber is the coolest thing ever.

ILL TRADE MY SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE FOR THIS ONE ANYTIME.....

I really like how the robe hangs more naturally on this one, that's the only thing that really bugs me about the Sideshow version.

After looking at it the whole is pretty amazing.........how much does one of those cost.........or better are they even easy to get at only 20........:google

I love the lightup saber, any indication on how it was done? I also like the real hair look, although I think SSC's sculpt is a better likeness. But the SSC costume looks comparable.

To put this in perspective - can you imagine ever in the past favorably comparing a mass market SW 12" to a professional grade custom? I can't. Shows that SSC is on the right track I think.

Custom

I have to give credit for someone exhibiting more skill then I have...but am I the only one who thought of "Anakin...the 80's rock star..."

I like the facial expression of that custom better then SideShow's. He has a far more crazed look in it! Excellent. And the lightsaber light-up thing looks fantastic aswell.

Still glad I got the SideShow one on order. Which isnt bad at all either!

There's something wrong with the lower jaw, too square, I think. And the real hair would bother me, I think. I would wonder, is that from a dog? I had a jacket from Korea with "real hair" around the collar and it looked and felt like dog hair. Bugged the hell out of me.

But that saber is really cool though, along with that magenetic belt idea.

To my eye, Andy's sculpt is far superior to this one, but the custom has an advantage: the way the eyes have been set. Hayden Christensen did use this attitude a great deal as Ani, dropping the forhead and peering out from underneath his brow. The tortured look.

I'm seriously considering taking the head apart and putting glass eyes into my SS figure when it comes. I'd set them this way.

Amazing work. I saw this over at the OSW as well. Dave hit the nail on the head regarding the comparison of this one-of-a-kind custom figure to a mass produced figure by Sideshow: Sideshow has really done well.

I'm guessing this frowny, through the eyebrows angry face is what they'll do when they do a Lord Vader (pre suit) figure.

(even though he does look like this when fighting as a Jedi)

I love the SS one.. mine's ordered... I can't wait to get it, but MAN is this custom amazing. I think the hair would look better in person... it looks worse because we're zooming right into it on the photos... try to imagine the real size it would be.

That face though is amazing....

Back