NO 12" SW Comic-Con Exclusive!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Sideshow produce a SDCC exculsive 12" SW figure?

• YES

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • NO

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Knowing how long in advance some of these figures take, and seeing that Anakin is slated for 2nd quarter of 2006, now is the time to make our opinions known! Based on the amount of aniexty and frustration both the Luke and Anakin pre-orders generated, I would hope Sideshow does not produce an exclusive 12" Star Wars figure for San Diego Comic Con 2006!

What is your opinion? If enough agree, maybe we should start a petition... :confused:

I say yes. I will be there and would love to be able to get it and have something cool in my mits during SDCC. Plus it's fair for those that pay the $$$ to go and see SS in person. People not going will get a chance as they always do.

JustinLuck said:
Only if it is also available online.

That's how they have done it in the past. A certain number have been set aside for those not going with the greater portion being set aside for those going of course.

Anyone who goes will vote "yes" anyone who doesn't is going to vote "no". But I think if it's a minor variant like maybe a Sith eyes Anakin, or something like that it would be cool and not piss off too many people.

I know it's not a fair comparison really, but it should be noted that all the 12" figures from last year were easily available on 2nd chance it seems.

Darklord Dave said:
Anyone who goes will vote "yes" anyone who doesn't is going to vote "no". But I think if it's a minor variant like maybe a Sith eyes Anakin, or something like that it would be cool and not piss off too many people.

I know it's not a fair comparison really, but it should be noted that all the 12" figures from last year were easily available on 2nd chance it seems.

I was noting that very observation Dave; people going voting yes and not going voting no. And yes, last year's figures have been available on second chance, but I truely doubt a SW exclusive would; just look at Nazi Kroenen from 2004! :google

I think that the only fair way to do it is for Sideshow to alternate. Some years they will, and some years they won't, kind of like Groundhog Day. Only in this case, instead of watching a groundhog, Sideshow can call me at home. If I am going, then they should do an exclusive. If I am staying home, then they will not do an exclusive. There's the answer!

No! Any figure or variant as a SDCC exclusive would piss me off. The servers are bad enough with the site exclusive. The SDCC exclusive with 100 left over for non-attendees would completely destroy Sideshow's web site. I feel an edition the size of HB would be far too small still even with 1100 being available to non-attendees and Eu. I feel a SDCC exclusive could be Sideshow's downfall. Even if I could attend every year (or even once for that matter) I wouldn't want them doing one.

Perhaps we chose the figure already, EU Padme.

Buttmunch said:
I feel a SDCC exclusive could be Sideshow's downfall.

I doubt it. After seeing all the places that had exclusives for lines that have big followings I don't think it will be any issue for SS. As I said make one even if I can't go I say make one.

It all depends what it is. If it's like a Droids cartoon-colored Boba Fett(after the normal one had already been released) for example I don't think it'd be that big a deal, and probably the easiest way to sell something like that.

I'll be going and I'm voting a very loud NO. Yes, past exclusives haven't been THAT difficult to get, but they haven't been Star Wars either. I believe the bad press over it, and the possible pain and suffering for Sideshow, would far out weigh any good. Stick with the other lines for now...

Michael
MWC

Yes, the voice of reason! Thanks Michael. I really hope people give this some serious thought and what might happen if they did release an exclusive for SDCC.

I voted no for SDCC. Any exclusives made should be for Sideshowcollectors.com :D

I dont think theres any way SS will NOT produce a SW SDCC exclusive. I just think they will up the production run since its SW. Every dealer at the show will be wanting to have the "popular/most traffic'd" booth and you know SS will be flexing their SW license to help gain this with an exclusive. From a business standpoint, I think they'd be dumb not to.

Now from a personal view, I'd like an exclusive as long as the window of opportunity for online buyers is more than say 5 or 10 minutes. Or better yet, make it a high-end exclusive since Im sure the collecting audience for those would be smaller.
This is my non-bitter opinion since Ive been able to pick up the Nazi Kroenen from 04 & the Patient Zero from 05 directly from SS and have yet to ever make it to a SDCC.

Darklord Dave said:
somebody forgot about The Dead - Patient Zero :D

Does anyone else besides me remember they already have done a SW SDCC Exclusive? The Luke Skywalker piece ;) So I bet and hope they do one :D

Back