Ledger vs Depp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wHySoSeRiOuS203

Super Freak
Reaction score
okay...I started the Bale vs Depp Thread also...most people disagree with me but whatever :lol just for sake of arguement Ledger or Depp? while Ledger does not have that impressive of a record as depp he brought believability to alot of his roles in but not limited to candy and Im not there I could see him getting up to superstar status if it wasnt for him passing :monkey2 so

johnny-depp.jpg
vs
heath-ledger-somber.jpg

Last edited:
Well this is just crazy -

I vote Depp. Ledger was very talented but his career was too short to put up against someone like Depp.

Yeah, Ledger was building the beginnings of a career that could rival Depp. But we will never truly know. Ledger could really have been one of the all time greats if he would have lived. Honorable Mentions for The Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain and of course TDK. Grimm may have been a troubled film, but Ledger was fantastic in it.

Depp esay. His body of work is much more complete and impressive.

so the last role Ledger was working on was in a Terry Gilliam film and Depp is one of the actors finishing Ledger's role, serendipitious thread......

I think that Depp wins all the way.

Now had Leger lived longer after his role in TDK and showed us what he was capable of then I think he could have out done Depp. Hell, he out acted Bale in TDK and I really can't think of a movie where someone out acts Bale. He could have been great. But one good role vs all of Depps roles doen't make him better in the end.

okay...I started the Bale vs Depp Thread also...most people disagree with me but whatever :lol just for sake of arguement Ledger or Depp? while Ledger does not have that impressive of a record as depp he brought believability to alot of his roles in but not limited to candy and Im not there I could see him getting up to superstar status if it wasnt for him passing :monkey2 so

I think you just answered your own question brother :)

Oranges are great, but they've never made an Orange pie. Apple pies are delicious and contain apples AND and nurture our nostalgic traditions.

Depp was always my first choice to play the Joker, but Heath did an amazing job much to my surprise. Hard to say if Depp could have done any better, but if they have to recast the Joker for Batman 3, Depp would get my vote.

I've only seen a handful of Heath's handful of films, so I can't accurately say if he was better or worse than Depp. He certainly didn't have as many films and his career was cut short just as he was about to take off. But based on what I've seen, I've got to go with Depp.

Depp was always my first choice to play the Joker, but Heath did an amazing job much to my surprise. Hard to say if Depp could have done any better, but if they have to recast the Joker for Batman 3, Depp would get my vote.

I've only seen a handful of Heath's handful of films, so I can't accurately say if he was better or worse than Depp. He certainly didn't have as many films and his career was cut short just as he was about to take off. But based on what I've seen, I've got to go with Depp.

true true...i really hope they dont recast the joker how ever I wouldnt be able to turn down depp as the riddler :wacky

Back