Depp vs. Bale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wHySoSeRiOuS203

Super Freak
Reaction score
As most of you know Public Enemies was released to the public yesterday and I wanted to know...who has more talent? is Bale better action? Depp in Drama? I know plenty of female freaks swoon over them but i was curious as to what you think my Personal opinion is Depp is overrated at times however Bales talent is wasted on roles that a nobody could play

so anyways

johnny_depp1_300_400.jpg
vs
christian-bale.jpg

YOU DECIDE!

Well, even though I think they have both shown that they do not deserve the love of the public, I would have to say that Depp gets the edge because I believe that the roles he has done require more talent.

They both have great examples of totally owning their roles and becoming the character. American Psycho vs Fear and Loathing? But I would say Depp.

hands down DEPP - but I agree, Bale often chooses roles that are almost forgotten. He seems to like characters that are not necessarily memorable - but he nails them. The only character I thought was memorable was Patrick Bateman.

Depp..... Bale has been in more movies I personally like but Depp is an amazing actor and I think far better than Bale in my honest opinion.
Bale in years to come though I think has the potentional to earn more and more respect in the movie world. I already have tons of respect for him for losing so much weight and putting in back on so fast just for a movie(s).
I mean... thats dangerous. He always seems to want the movie hes starring in to be great as well so that awesome too.

Id also have to say Depp but only because Bales last few roles have been pretty dissapointing to me. I still think I personally like Bale better as an actor, but as an all around persona, draw, and cultural figure, Johnny wins by a longshot

Well if we are judging them by their complete body of work...I would have to go with Bale.

I love Johnny Depp and it was great seeing him in a serious dramatic role...and he nailed it. Mostly he plays quirky characters though - which are always memorable...but I think a true drama is harder to nail...than say a character like Edward Scissorhands or Jack Sparrow. He does make movies fun to watch - you know his character is going to be entertaining....but they are not serious dramatic roles which I think really test your talent.

Bale - aside from Terminator Salvation which totally disappointed me, he has shown an amazing range and has brought such conviction and believability to his roles....The Batman movies are great movies - but I feel they no way show his true talent. Movies like The Machine, 3:10 to Yuma, Rescue Dawn are great because he was the character - hook, line and sinker. I don't think many could convincingly pull of those roles. I really liked him in Public Enemies...his role was fairly small - but he put on a great accent and even though he was a man of few words - his eyes and slight facial expressions gave a glimpse of what was really going on with this man....he was tormented yet had to hide it.

Now, I would watch any film by either of these actors...no question. It's nice seeing Depp branch out into more serious roles...I don't know if Bale could pull off a lot of what Depp has done and vise versa....they both are extremely good at what they do....so perhaps my vote is a tie. :)

...I don't know if Bale could pull of a lot of what Depp has done and vise versa....they both are extremely good at what they do....so perhaps my vote is a tie. :)

I hear ya....can anyone imagine Bale in the Mad hatter costume...Awkward..

Last edited:
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
You act as if he has never done drama.

He just doesn't do it as often...I loved him in Donnie Brasco and Blow - but he is more well known for his quirkier roles.

I just like seeing him mix it up a bit more. :D

Back