How many AP Wolverine/Sabretooth Dio's does Boondock Collectibles have???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the current live listing on Ebay is at least the third one I've seen in the past few months.

These are the previous two:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160330080460&viewitem=&salenotsupported

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150337199302&viewitem=&salenotsupported

You should be easily able to locate the third live auction.

Is it just me, or does it seem weird they have three artist proofs? How many are floating around? How many artist proofs are out there and why does Boondock apparently have them all?

I think its a very trustworthy seller hanging at statue forum...I may be wrong, but I think the guy is legit.

You don't see anything fishy with having 3 ARTIST PROOFS?

I mean, I'm sure he's legit, but that is rather odd. You rarely see artist proofs from Sideshow, much less 3 from the same seller.

I have a feeling Sideshow allows their biggest retailers to buy these unique pieces. Maybe he's just a BIG retailer, and got the option to purchase these.

Also, maybe it's the same piece. It's always the same photos.

I was under the impression that SS AP statues where rare. I can't believe these went for a little under $600.00. That's less the the regular version sold to the public. I was expecting a couple thousand, since that's what I've seen other SS AP statues in the past go for.:confused:

I've bought many a things off of him on ebay and I think he's a good guy that knows the right people...

You don't see anything fishy with having 3 ARTIST PROOFS?

I mean, I'm sure he's legit, but that is rather odd. You rarely see artist proofs from Sideshow, much less 3 from the same seller.

I have a feeling Sideshow allows their biggest retailers to buy these unique pieces. Maybe he's just a BIG retailer, and got the option to purchase these.

Also, maybe it's the same piece. It's always the same photos.

I was under the impression that Sideshow ap's were the same as other companies. I see Claymoore APs and Bowen Aps everywhere, but now thinking about it, APs from sideshow are pretty rare. But I still regress that it doesn't seem suspicious

When you think of why AP's supposedly exist, for licensers, artists, companies, creators, actors and whoever else is involved to QC the piece then yeah a retailer having three is fishy. Especially at a later date when they have appreciated and when most retailers should have sold them out at MSRP long ago... its fishy.

But when you think of what AP's have actually become, purely gimmicks, and the opportunist nature of eBayers and online collectible dealers it makes perfect sense not fishy at all.

theres the possibility that the buyer skipped out when they won and he just had to re list it a couple of times :confused:

I bought my Wolvie vs Dio Ex AP from someone who had 2 AP of the regulars & 2 AP of the Ex. Not surprise if there are others selling AP of this statue. Don't know how many were produced though.

The dude's feedback is about all I need to see. If he is not legit, he's fooling an awful lot of people.

To my knowledge, the current live listing on Ebay is at least the third one I've seen in the past few months.

These are the previous two:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160330080460&viewitem=&salenotsupported

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150337199302&viewitem=&salenotsupported

You should be easily able to locate the third live auction.

Is it just me, or does it seem weird they have three artist proofs? How many are floating around? How many artist proofs are out there and why does Boondock apparently have them all?

Nothing fishy at all, he is very trustworthy!

I never suspected the seller as being anything suspicious or unethical, his feedback shows that he's sold plenty on Ebay with lots of satisfied customers. I was more curious as to how many AP's this guy seems to have, and since I doubt this seller has the only AP's, also wondering how many more are floating out there. I thought they were supposed to be rare.

I have an artist proof of that, but didn't get it from him.

ArtistProofWolverineVersusSabretooth4.jpg

He is legit. And if you took a look at his warehouse...you'd be in jaw dropping awe. He has a contract with all the right companies to acquire APs, Prototypes, and almost impossible to find props. He has stuff that he can't even legally sell for a year after he purchases it because it hasn't hit stores yet. If you're looking for something you can't find, he probably has it and multiples of it. And yes, I know he has many items in which he owns all of what was produced, from hand carved all the way through to mass market. Which means unless you buy it from him, you can't get it.

He's probably the most honest person in the business I've ever met. I've done business with him in the past and I will again in the future.

Back