Any chances of seeing anything from sideshow of this scene??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthJoshy

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I would love to see some type of diorama for this! Do you think it will ever happen?
zwxe3b.gif

Yeah, I thought this battle scene was a serious missed opportunity on Lucas' part. I would not be interested in this simply because it was such a poorly done scene in the movie.

Yeah, I thought this battle scene was a serious missed opportunity on Lucas' part. I would not be interested in this simply because it was such a poorly done scene in the movie.

It really was. I can see Palpatine managing to take one out pretty quickly, but taking down all three like that made those jedi look like they were padawans. If Lucas was trying to show how powerful Palpatine was by being able to take them out so quickly, I think the power would have been better demonstrated by him managing to defeat three jedi in a fight. Would have made Yoda look even more badass taking him on alone.

It really was. I can see Palpatine managing to take one out pretty quickly, but taking down all three like that made those jedi look like they were padawans. If Lucas was trying to show how powerful Palpatine was by being able to take them out so quickly, I think the power would have been better demonstrated by him managing to defeat three jedi in a fight. Would have made Yoda look even more badass taking him on alone.

I agree, I just wish that the other Jedi had been further developed throughout the films. To me they were just like, huh, Redshirt jedi! You know what I mean? I liked Fisto in there, but I think more popular Jedi, Lke Shaak Ti, or Secura would have been cool. In a longer battle...or have Anakin go along and at some point, he turns on the Jedi and fights along side Palpatine.

I agree, I just wish that the other Jedi had been further developed throughout the films. To me they were just like, huh, Redshirt jedi! You know what I mean? I liked Fisto in there, but I think more popular Jedi, Lke Shaak Ti, or Secura would have been cool. In a longer battle...or have Anakin go along and at some point, he turns on the Jedi and fights along side Palpatine.

I agree in that it was pretty bad how Sidious killed 3 members of the Council like they were Younglings. Very poorly done scene and I have said that since 05' when I left the theater. I wish that scene was done with all 4 fighting him and lightsabers clashing, force pushes, ect. Being as I focus on Jedi/Sith mostly, I would buy Agen or Saesee figures.

i still cringe at the thought of Palpatine's facial expressions as he fought...

And that voice.... Very Eerie. I'm not sure anybody out there could have placed that role any better then Ian did. I feel he did a very superb job in that role.

I did an edit of this scene about a year ago. I wish I had done a couple more tweaks, but for now, this is how I watch the scene and not cringe as much.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/t7_APMciyOg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_profilepage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/t7_APMciyOg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_profilepage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would buy a diorama of this scene, perhaps, because looking at them, they look pretty badass.

Guys the whole movie (except the Anakin vs Obi Wan and Yoda vs Palpatine scenes) was a serious missed oportunity on Lucas' part.

Agen Kolar - Thanks for posting that , I like the 'cuts' made to the film so Kit Fisto is fighting a little bit longer (At least while Anakin Lands) and the fight scene is then extended. Nice !!

Love this scene, Ian McDiarmid is so good as Palpatine.

Back