Stupid question, but . . . is Sideshow going to produce C3PO & R2D2 in 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

Granted, I am not a true diehard force be with you Jedi mind trick imperial legion dark sith worshipping Jedi bad@$$ enthusiast/fan like other acknowledged/respected collectors within this forum, but . . .

;)

Is Sideshow focusing solely on actual characters or are they going to eventually get around to a 12" C3PO and 1:6 scale R2D2 along with some other "droid" characters or is it rather moot because Hasbro pretty much produced droid characters on the cheap and/or Medicom took care of the droids in 1:6?

As of now, the droids are in the same status as Chewie and Duke Nukem.

LOL it is the second time today someone talks about Duke Nukem... Anyway I'd be interested if Sideshow makes the droids but not in R2-D2 and C-3PO but in Death Star Droid, R2-Q5 and other droids. This is because SS could make them all, Medicom surely won't.

I have a spot reserved for them right now on my shelf, Optimus prime is keeping a watch in case they ever arrive ;)

We all hope they are coming soon, and honestly R2 and 3po would be the type of figures that would be purchased by sideshow collectors who don't focus mostly on SW. R2 could be repainted into several con exclusives and those would be easy to pass on or pick up if you want all of the colors. Assuming they don't cost the same $90 a clone or Jedi cost these days.

Once SSC get the C3PO & R2D2 mould done, imagine all the repaint releases they could do. I hope this would happen next year.

2010 - Year of Droids?:D

Arguably two of the most recognizable characters from any movie...and there arent any figures of them yet...two Hans...countless Lukes...but no 3PO and R2...thats just odd.

True, but it's better than last year when we didn't even have a sign of armored figures like Vader and Stormtroopers. Again, it all comes down to how easy a figure is to make.

I would imagine they will get around to these in time. I can see them being a good seller. But with the ridiculous cost of Sideshow figures these days I would hate to see the price.

I would imagine they will get around to these in time. I can see them being a good seller. But with the ridiculous cost of Sideshow figures these days I would hate to see the price.

The price on all 1/6 scale figures is getting ridiculous. I have a feeling we will see these guys if not this year than next. SS said that in 2010 they will be experimenting with "unique" body types.

Back