Imperial Recon Patrol 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

While on patrol on the ice moon of Crutuk a small Imperial snow patrol stop and scan the local area for any rebel activity. The Snowtroopers recon unit only consist of a small two man operation and also a probe droid for extra scanning capabilities. The ice moon Crutuk hasn't got as thick snow cover like Hoth but it does still fall to minus 20 degrees at night but stays around 3 degrees during the day, the other problem the Troopers face is the constant rocky outcrops the plague the moon.

RECIPE

The figures - The Snowtroopers and Probe droid are from Hasbro the troopers are the VOTC troopers, I decided to go with the piant work that they come with instead on the whole white trooper I think that the white and Grey really work well together.
The troopers have had blasters added to them using blasters from some old Sandtroopers figures I have in the parts box, the bino's are from the parts box and the scanner in from the Hoth Solo figure with added parts and thin plasti card for antenna. The troopesr and droid where painted and drybrushed using Vallejo paints.

The Probe droid is staright from the box the only thing I did with it was to remove the thicker antenna and change them over with clothing pins to give it a more realistic look.

The Base - The bottom of the base is foam core and foam has then been used to build the hieght and I then cut and ripped the foam aprt to get the look I wanted. I then used plaster of paris and covered the whole base and once dry painted it using browns and pastels to get the desired look, Once that dried I used model railway snow and lightly covered the base until I got he look I wanted.

sn1.jpg

sn2.jpg

sn3.jpg

sn4.jpg

sn5.jpg

sn6.jpg

Ron

Last edited:
That looks amazing!!!! I just got a couple of those Snowtroopers the other day.

very cool! can't tell, but did you make tracks in the snow? a lot of people forget to make tracks when doing snow dios.

Hi All

Really appreciate all the comments guys/gals thank you very much, and ProgMatinee there are foot prints but not that good I didn't make the snow thick enough:banghead.

Ron

Last edited:
Hemble, you really need to start a website. Or at least, a photobucket gallery where we can see everything you've done.

Hi All

doesitmatter wrote & Crimsonbob
Hemble, you really need to start a website. Or at least, a photobucket gallery where we can see everything you've done.

Hi guys I finally figured out how to put a link up of my site, hope you enjoy looking thru it.

JustinLuck wrote
What steps did you take to repaint the probe droid? Very well done!!

Cheers mate the following os how I painted the droid.

1: Repainted the droid using Vallejo's German Grey.
2: Gave the the whole figure a wash of GW's Chaos Balck.
3: Drybrushed a 50/50 mix of Vallejo German Grey and Vallejo's Off White.
3: Drybrushed GW's Mithril Silver and Vallejo's Gunmetal and then used a red/brown pastel mix.

Ron

Back