Anakin flash email

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Rage

WhySoSerious???
Reaction score
Wasn't sideshow supposed to send out a flash email about the Anakin pre-order on Weds? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Did anyone get one?

Darth Rage said:
Wasn't sideshow supposed to send out a flash email about the Anakin pre-order on Weds? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Did anyone get one?

Yep, received at both emails. One at 1:51 am and the other at 2:09 pm all eastern.

Make sure you've logged into your newsletter account and set it to receive Star Wars info.

Dave I checked and I am. Thanks, good idea though.

I did not receive the email, but I logged into my sideshow account and the preorder info was listed under last weeks newsletter. So i have the info which is the important thing I guess. This new system is getting a bit frustrating. I'm sure it's even more frustrating for sideshow. I am really surprised they would switch to this new system only days before a hot pre-order like Anakin.

Darth Rage said:
Dave I checked and I am. Thanks, good idea though.

I did not receive the email, but I logged into my sideshow account and the preorder info was listed under last weeks newsletter. So i have the info which is the important thing I guess. This new system is getting a bit frustrating. I'm sure it's even more frustrating for sideshow. I am really surprised they would switch to this new system only days before a hot pre-order like Anakin.

I apologize that it's frustrating to you - it's meant to be LESS frustrating now that you can get the info in your account instead of waiting for the physical newsletter and/or flash emails to hit your inbox. I think as soon as everyone gets used to it, it will be well received - change is confusing at first, but it's usually for the better!

My words of advice to you all - as soon as you hear of someone receiving a newsletter blast - or if you think you should be receiving a newsletter/flash email but haven't yet - check your newsletter account and most likely it will be posted in there - if not, well, that's our bad :eek: But as far as I know, the Anakin blast email has been in there since this morning, titled "12/14/05 - Priority Pre-Order for Anakin" and located directly above the 12/9/05 newsletter link.... :duff

I read it in my newsletter account. In fact, I was signing in to check and make sure it worked, and I saw a link at the top of the page: "Priority Pre-Order for Anakin." I just about had a heart attack, thinking that Sideshow had pulled a fast one and posted the preorder link early! But it was just the flash email that I had received this morning.

These are gonna sell out sooooo quickly,especially with all the info on rebelscum etc. That or the site will go down. Fun nontheless.

JohnyBoo said:
These are gonna sell out sooooo quickly,especially with all the info on rebelscum etc. That or the site will go down. Fun nontheless.

That's the spirit! :mexwave

:duff :drink :toilet_cl

:r2d2line

*bites nails*

Chicky said:
Here is a nice article describing the newsletter improvements. We have even included FAQs based on your forum questions. Let us know if you have any questionsnot answered!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=121605preorder

Best,
Chicky

These articles have really reassured me :) , I think i'm as prepared as i'll ever be!

will the link to the Anakin pre-order appear on our newsletter homepages? Inside a newsletter?
I'm just trying to visualise the path at the mo.

SideshowDusty said:
*bites nails*

*bites fingers off*

Last edited:
Thanks Dusty and Chicky for the info. This is just going to take some getting used to I suppose. It is definately better than checking my email every ten minutes on friday.

hairlesswookiee said:
what if i dont get my newsletter can i still order??? if i cant im gonna sue somebody.

Yep, that's the beauty of the new system. You don't have to have physically received your newsletter yet. As soon as the newsletters are sent by SS, it will be available on their newsletter page. All you have to do is log in and you're good to go. As long as your newsletter email address matches the email address on your account.

Newsletter Login

^^^ thanks OX i appreciate it.since ive been on the list ive only received 2 newsletters and they were always a couple days late. if it wasnt for this place i would've never gotten in on any of the pre-orders.

Back