PDA

View Full Version : Will Sideshow make another SW 1:6 female?

DeltaForceChung
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
See subject.

I own almost all 1:6 SW female figures produced by Sideshow (with the exception of Leia as Boushh).

IIRC . . . the last 1:6 SW female I acquired was the Padme Amidala Ilum Mission figure. Yes. This figure had it's share of valid criticisms.

Will Sideshow produce another 1:6 SW female anytime soon?

LOPIE
06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope they make a Shock Ti and Oola. Oh and by the way please don't use any more pics of my wife for your avitar. Thanks. What part of Fl. you from? And dont say NE, I can read.

thenammagazine
06-23-2009, 07:26 PM
I sure hope so. I'd at least like to get a Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee before they pull the plug. The Hasbro offerings aren't bad, but they aren't Sideshow. Even though I know a lot of freaks don't care for her, IMO, an Ahsoka Tano wouldn't be bad either.

I don't think anyone would mind a Darth Talon. :lol

LOPIE
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
How about this one I think its perfect
http://www.craphound.com/images/beanleah.jpg

Venomous venom
06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
i spit out my coffee.......:lol

thenammagazine
06-23-2009, 07:32 PM
i spit out my coffee.......:lol

Yeah, now there's a picture I'm not gonna get out of my head anytime soon. GEE, A BUNCH LOPIE you ass!!! :lol

DinoLast
06-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Hopefully not before the make a Marion for Indiana Jones

The Boot
06-23-2009, 07:35 PM
I own almost all 1:6 SW female figures produced by Sideshow (with the exception of Leia as Boushh).

Boushh is one of Sideshow's finest.

Really, it's a great figure. You should get one. You're welcome. :p

thenammagazine
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Hopefully not before the make a Marion for Indiana Jones

Not going to happen. They already deemed her and Sallah "longshots" in a Q&A a while back. They've received the curse of the Medieval Kurgan. :(

Valfar
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I would hope for a new female body from SS first before even considering any other female characters, except Hoth Leia.

LOPIE
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
I would hope for a new female body from SS first before even considering any other female characters, except Hoth Leia.

Good point, about the new bodies

Anzik
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Shaak Ti
Luminara Unduli
Stass Alli
Barris Offee
Zam Wessel
Deepa Bilaba
AOTC Padme
TPM Padme
Endor Leia

earthdog
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
...Aurra Sing
Taun We

All these awesome characters to choose from and they will probably release Mon Mothma!

BuddyGus
06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Would like to see a AOTC padme in the arena outfit. Also the Jedi ladies. Barriss, Lumi, or Shaak Ti.

Of course I wouldn't turn down A HOTH LEIA either.....

icruise
06-23-2009, 08:30 PM
See subject.

IIRC . . . the last 1:6 SW female I acquired was the Padme Amidala Ilum Mission figure. Yes. This figure had it's share of valid criticisms.

Will Sideshow produce another 1:6 SW female anytime soon?

You bought Ilum Padme and haven't bought Boussh? I'd say Boussh is the best female figure in the line, and dirt cheap, too.

EVILFACE
06-23-2009, 09:21 PM
This is the only other SW female figure I would get.

http://gedblog.com/wp-content/uploads/padme_full.jpg

thenammagazine
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM

That's the ^^^^ing Padme we should've got, not the bald, :google version.

Cryoguns
06-23-2009, 09:46 PM

Damn straight. I'd like an AOTC Padme even if they don't though...I've got one of Callous' awesome Padme heads that I've been saving for one. Hoth Leia should be workable too. But beyond those two, I really think Sideshow needs to do something about the female Buck.

lerath666
06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
A WHILE back in one of the Q&A's Put Mara Jade in the pipeline for 2010.

Puay
06-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Shaak Ti is right at the top of my wish list.:D

Karaduin
06-24-2009, 04:38 AM

Yup, I would buy that figure anyday! I know Illum Padme was supposedly voted for by fans... but I also remember reading that once they had cast the head for Assajj Ventress, someone realised that it had a strong Natalie Portman resemblence and it was time to churn out a Padme figure (with no hair)... or maybe it was vice/versa? :confused:

Also another female figure Sideshow should be working on for release v.soon... Yarna d'al' Gargan!

http://iesb.net/images/stories/actors/gargan.jpg

Search your feelings... you know it to be true...

Puay
06-24-2009, 05:00 AM
I too am hoping for SSC to reuse the Illum Padme head sculpt much like the way they did for AOTC Kenobi with the Clone War Kenobi's head.

Mad Old Lu
06-24-2009, 06:19 AM

Definitely this Padme and a Hoth Leia are at the top of my list!

Edit: Forgot about Zam Wesell!

IrishJedi
06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Unless they ditch the female Buck I don't care if they never make another female figure again.

ProgMatinee
06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Most of the Episode I Padmes would work fine on the Buck as long as they used the shorter version.

Figures in tight clothing such as Ep II Padme would look really bad on the Buck though.

Misterscruff
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Ep II Padme and Hoth Leia are at the top of my list. They need to sort out that awful female buck first though.

jkno
06-24-2009, 11:53 AM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

agen_kolar
06-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping for some Jedi ladies - Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, and Adi Gallia are at the top of my list.

devilof76
06-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Damn straight. I'd like an AOTC Padme even if they don't though...I've got one of Callous' awesome Padme heads that I've been saving for one. Hoth Leia should be workable too. But beyond those two, I really think Sideshow needs to do something about the female Buck.

Ventress looked good on that body, so I have no concerns about a Geonosis Padme. I prefer the version with the cape and unexposed midriff, so there is no issue. Same with Hoth Leia, Bespin Leia, Shaak Ti, Luminara, etc. So long as the heads are in scale and the body is not exposed, the female Buck is fine.

D'oh!
06-25-2009, 01:18 AM
What, no love for Aunt Beru??

HugeBadWolf
06-25-2009, 02:18 AM
What, no love for Aunt Beru??

Not while Mon Mothma's in the universe
:lol

Cheers,
Doug

ascend1.0
06-25-2009, 03:02 AM
I don't know what happened but the first female body that Sideshow released was really quite good it wasn't blocky like the most recent one and I have no idea why they changed the body. The original can now only be found with as grey Art S buck figures and I think is quite rare. They may have used it for the first Buffy figure. I will try to get photos if I remember.

FlyAndFight
06-25-2009, 10:03 AM

Unless they ditch the female Buck I don't care if they never make another female figure again.

I'm in the same boat. Just not a fan of the female Buck body.

I'm in the middle of working on a custom Aurra Sing.

Asajj looked good but that was because of the extra layers of clothing. I was actually surprised, too.

Mad Old Lu
06-25-2009, 10:26 AM
The buck seems okay when it's covered up. I think my Lara Croft figure is great (I know it doesn't get a lot of love around here), but I keep her in her long pants and sweater. The figures I'm looking forward to--Hoth Leia, AOTC Padme and Zam Wesell--are pretty much covered from head to toe, so I think these would all work on the buck. Like FlyAndFlight mentioned, the extra layer of clothing helps disguise the frame.

denger4000
06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Would like to see a AOTC padme in the arena outfit. Also the Jedi ladies. Barriss, Lumi, or Shaak Ti.

Of course I wouldn't turn down A HOTH LEIA either.....

I really want a battle outfit Padme, probably the only female I'd buy from star wars besides the ANH Leia I already have.

Darth54
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
All i want is an AOTC Padme, Hoth Leia and maybe Darth Talon if made right.

Hothwampa
06-29-2009, 11:21 AM
As I mainly focus on Jedi's I would like to see Shaak Ti and Mara Jade. I don't care for the body used now. If they could make a newer body so you don't have to display it with the robe on to cover the silly looking joints.

The Craw
06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
the female body sucks. i wish they would seriously consider making a better one but i doubt it would happen. i don't know why when there are a lot of female figures from SW and GI Joe that could benefit from a new body. in star wars i really want a hoth leia, an on screen version of padme, and every female jedi there is especially luminara unduli.

Puay
02-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Aren't too sure about this but didn't Sideshow say that they are developing a new female body? I am still hoping for a Shaak Ti.:)

EVILFACE
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
They have mentioned working on a new body in reguards to GIJoe females, so I'm sure that would carry over into other lines.

Stil waiting.

Puay
02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
They have mentioned working on a new body in reguards to GIJoe females, so I'm sure that would carry over into other lines.

Stil waiting.

I want her too.:monkey5

Padme... that is.:)

d_jedi1
03-01-2010, 12:04 AM

thats basically what they've said is the holdup on female Indy characters so I'd assume it's why we're waiting on the SW characters too.

Let's just hope they use the first release of the new female body on the Dead line.. that way tight (or loose rather) joints won't be an issue :lol

Mad Old Lu
03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Geonosis Padme, Hoth Leia and Zam Wessell. That's all I'd get. Hopefully they'll resolve the new body situation soon.

Anyone know how long Sideshow talked about replacing the Buck until they actually did?

6Series
03-01-2010, 09:00 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Darnit! That is gonna be a hit!

Anyhoo, I am all in for a very well made Shaak Ti and that extremely cool looking bounty hunter babe in that TOR video.

meanstreak
03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
If they could make a good Padme Arena battle with a proportionate sized head and good likeness & face paint (eyes) i'd probably bite.

devilof76
03-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Anyone know how long Sideshow talked about replacing the Buck until they actually did?

Not long. But, they never said they were working on it. They just announced at SDCC that they had a new one and that they'd start using it eventually. Indiana Jones was the first figure on the Prometheus, and that was a little less than a year later.

meanstreak
03-02-2010, 08:12 AM
and that body sucked, imo. :(

Mad Old Lu
03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Not long. But, they never said they were working on it. They just announced at SDCC that they had a new one and that they'd start using it eventually. Indiana Jones was the first figure on the Prometheus, and that was a little less than a year later.

Thanks, devilof76. Just a-wonderin' how long we should expect them to debut the new female since they've been talking about it so much lately. Maybe at SDCC?

lerath666
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
That's what I'm expecting.

denger4000
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM

AGREED, such an obvious choice too, wake up sideshow!

devilof76
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
and that body sucked, imo. :(

I preferred the Buck, if for no other reason than that the scale was better.

Jay1138
03-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Would be impressive if Sideshow did Padme in one of her TPM gowns. Be a chance for SS to show off their outfit detailing. Geonosis Padme would be awesome!

EVILFACE
03-03-2010, 01:06 AM
AGREED, such an obvious choice too, wake up sideshow!

Glad they have held off on making her. SS is on a roll now with their 1/6 figures, they are top notch. Most of the early SW figures look so inferior now.