PF Han Solo worries?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
Looking at this pic...
120205_IMG_3110.jpg

....I hope Han doesn't suffer the floating hand syndrome that affected Luke in regards to the hand thats supposed to hold onto the front of the belt.

looking at this picture....maybe it will have the same problem...

TBH..if this is the way the line is gonna go then I'm gonna be VERY specific which pieces I buy & avoid the ones that haves floating hand potential

From the look of the picture, it appears that Han's arms are able to move. I would guess that you can just adjust the hand to your liking. We will have to see when it comes out.

It's possible his arms are movable like the eariler PFs just so his belt is accessible. Considering how he's not wearing the belt in that pic, perhaps the arms are posed out of the way so the belt can be put on easier.

Darklord Dave said:
It's possible his arms are movable like the eariler PFs just so his belt is accessible. Considering how he's not wearing the belt in that pic, perhaps the arms are posed out of the way so the belt can be put on easier.

I would have to agree, look at the major differences between the lower left Han and the one directly to the right of it. The arm position looks like it can move up and down. Not to mention the upper row looks like he is about to hug someone. So are these considered "bendy arms"....

Jesse

Last edited:
At least he does not have a "Beetlejuice" mini head like Vader.

;)

No worries what so ever here. Since the arms are somewhat moveable, it will be easy to slip Han's thumb behind the belt if there really is a "floating hand" issue. No doubt this will be the ultimate representation of Han in statue form. :)

pitchin said:
Looking at this pic...
120205_IMG_3110.jpg

....I hope Han doesn't suffer the floating hand syndrome that affected Luke in regards to the hand thats supposed to hold onto the front of the belt.

hmmm.so lemme get this straight: this figure have poseable arms? if this is the case, that places it in the doll category. a statue doesn't move. still a very nice 1/4 doll and the likeness it's perfect. i will probably get this one when people starts to give it away for $120 on ebay, just like the luke 1/4 doll. general grievous stills my favorite sideshow star wars release to date.

Anakin said:
i will probably get this one when people starts to give it away for $120 on ebay
:mwaha
I thought that was prettty funny - and a bit sad because it just might happen... I really would be laughing if I got it for $120, though.

Jesseawilson said:
I would have to agree, look at the major differences between the lower left Han and the one directly to the right of it. The arm position looks like it can move up and down. Not to mention the upper row looks like he is about to hug someone. So are these considered "bendy arms"....

Jesse

Sorta. The arms on my 1/4 Luke statue bend just enough for the hand to fall into place on the knee and his side, but that is about it. It's not "bendy enough to move it into a completely different position. It seems only the Luke statue and Han statue may have this feature since the Vader statue and Ben statue both have electronic wiring inside; and, the Leia statue has a gown that is almost see through. Who know's for sure though. The Leia statue may very well indeed be the same way as the Han and Luke statue's.

Hey, I guess we should be getting charged for our 1/4 Han statue's very soon, right? Man, I can't wait to get this definitive piece. :)

Anakin said:
hmmm.so lemme get this straight: this figure have poseable arms? if this is the case, that places it in the doll category. a statue doesn't move. still a very nice 1/4 doll and the likeness it's perfect. i will probably get this one when people starts to give it away for $120 on ebay, just like the luke 1/4 doll. general grievous stills my favorite sideshow star wars release to date.
Right there with you my friend Grievous will be their Masterpiece in the 1/4 Line:joy

I expect Han will have the same PU arms that the later figures have had like Logan for example. They do have some mobility at the elbow only, it is definitely limited movement, but it really got a workout during the demo at SDCC. I'm not looking for any worries on these one either.

On the topic of dolls, I have to admit it does unsettle me to here people refer to the PF figures as dolls. I agree they are not statues. They are actually a breed all to their own. While I can see people draw the comparision of 1/6 figures to dolls, that same comparison can definitely not be made to the PF figures. They are very far removed from a doll.

Last edited:
I'm getting a bad feeling about this....

The photo of the Hans doesn't fill me with confidence. The hassle of returning an Exclusive from the UK would be a nightmare. I'm so close to cancelling my order....

Arms for hugs?

:naughty

Sharing these images with you was a bit of an experiment, and this thread is magnificent. We sometimes hesititate to show in-progress images, because it can be difficult to see how the final figure emerges from the components and assembly. It's not a 12-step program, it takes a LOT more steps. Have faith... :peace

Han's arms are made of the same material as Luke's - PU (a dense but flexible material), with a wire inserted inside. Dave is right, once the belt is dressed on the figure, his arms will be reposed so that the right hand is grasping for the blaster, and the left is ready to tuck into the belt. When you receive your Han Solo figure, you may need to do some slight adjustments to get the most natural, 'Han Solo' pose.

Sideshow Brant said:
:naughty

Sharing these images with you was a bit of an experiment, and this thread is magnificent. We sometimes hesititate to show in-progress images, because it can be difficult to see how the final figure emerges from the components and assembly. It's not a 12-step program, it takes a LOT more steps. Have faith... :peace

Han's arms are made of the same material as Luke's - PU (a dense but flexible material), with a wire inserted inside. Dave is right, once the belt is dressed on the figure, his arms will be reposed so that the right hand is grasping for the blaster, and the left is ready to tuck into the belt. When you receive your Han Solo figure, you may need to do some slight adjustments to get the most natural, 'Han Solo' pose.

thanks sideshow brant for the explanation on the Han Solo 'figure'.

DVD Connoisseur said:
I'm getting a bad feeling about this....

The photo of the Hans doesn't fill me with confidence. The hassle of returning an Exclusive from the UK would be a nightmare. I'm so close to cancelling my order....

it's too early. wait for more pictures. han is basically naked on these pictures. this figure shall look much better than this.

Back