Updated Blog - Anakin unpainted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks funny without the hair :D Nice sideburns :p

It is truely amazing. Awesome work Andy. You guys really ought to have it in your contracts that you get one free production figure of your own work. Exclusive version of course.

Oh, I thought Andy had to buy his Scully and CSM. I know if I was the sculpter I'd want a free final product of my work. It only seems fair. Andy's talent is incrediable. I don't think they could have scanned a likeness as good as he makes. This sculpt is right up there with CSM as far as likeness is conserned and I think CSM is the best one to date.

Whoa. Any doubts I had are clearly gone. This sculpt is unbelievable. Andy deserves some major props.

Bald Anakin looks way more evil....thats the one I want....

Buttmunch said:
This sculpt is right up there with CSM as far as likeness is conserned and I think CSM is the best one to date.

I won CSM during a recent SS event and I was floored when I opened the package. I've never seen a 12 inch figure look that real.

Darth Waller said:
I won CSM during a recent SS event and I was floored when I opened the package. I've never seen a 12 inch figure look that real.

Not only does it look real, but it looks exactly like the actor that played him, William B. Davis. I hope Andy does Palpatine and unmaked Vader(s). Dooley would probably be better and the aliens.

SIDESHOW ANDY RULES !!!! SO ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAD WITH THE SCULPT MAY ONLY BE WITH THE PAINT JOB OR THE WAY IT WAS PHOTOGRAPHIED...

Looks perfect from the sculpture pictures! Andy did another fantastic job! I cant wait to place my order.
In another blog it shows that Anakin comes with the aquabreather that was used I think in the deleted scenes of EP. III and in EP. I by Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I hope the exclusive isn't sculpted like Thunderball Bond with a goofy expression, I would rather just keep it in his utility pouch.
aquabreather.jpg

Last edited:
Game over, ladies and gents. Those unpainted pics (with their different angles) truly show the amazing sculpting job on the headsculpt. That pretty much settles the whole thing for me.

Thanks for the info, Screamingmetal. The part does look very well detailed.

I doubt they'd ruin that fantastic sculpt by making it "mouth-breather" like TB Bond. I think it's being included just for fun. Makes me wish there was some sort of organized way to display the extra accessories and hands like a little display rack or something. Anyone remember how the first Ninja Turtle figures came with display racks for all their weapons?

Oh well. I'll be happy just to set the extras on the base around his feet.

Holy Hell!!! :google :google :google
I will have to get two, just to have some random bad@$$ bald dude lurking around. Way better than Kurgan in terms of evil sneer...

This just seals the deal that Sideshow is the perfect fit for this license. This quality surpasses anything I ever expected, and Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves for putting out their headsculpts. Wow, just wow. I gave up on Star Wars after Hasbro put out seventeen versions of crappy background figures during the AOTC run of POTF, and swore off Star Wars collecting altogether, but now they sucked me right back in!!

Back