My take on Cobra's saboteur.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldnt wait till Sideshow came out with Firefly, so I decided to make my own as my very first kitbash. It took me a while to get all the materials, but Im almost done, just need to work on the left leg "detonator". I have SS SE's pouch in its place at the moment. I might also redo the camo pattern to look more like the original card. The pattern of the urban camo I found is actually alot lighter with darker "T" and "L" in the pattern, I just darkened it. Let me know what you guys think.

AWESOME, onethousandmasks!!! :gun

There is no mistaking who that is supposed
to be and much, much better than the real
figures offered by Hasbro. :D

This is actually very awesome...Only minor nitpick is that he got the eyes of a good guy.

Very cool stuff! But agreed about the eyes. If not the "evil eyebrows," maybe some excessive crows' feet would make him seem more sinister somehow

That is so cool!!! :rock I really diggin the the straps across his torso and that headsculpt is perfect for the Fly. Also the Cobra sigil on his arm is great attention to detail, man!

Looks pretty good. I imagine that is similar to what SS's will look like, but with dark gray belts and boots and such.

Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate it.

I will re-paint the eyebrows and see if I can make him look more like a bad guy. The head sculpt underneath the epoxy balaclava is actually the one that comes with the Saturday Toys body and it has eyebrows sculpted on it, but I think I can work around that.

I found a plain gray uniform at Monkey Depot that Im going to order and try to do the camo pattern closer to the original card. Hopefully it will improve it a little more.

funny i thought i posted in this thread. the custom looks great, but there are weird links in your images.

anyway, firefly looks great. are you going to add a back pack or something? I think if you paint a SW Endortroop hardpack black it might work.

Thank you everyone.

funny i thought i posted in this thread. the custom looks great, but there are weird links in your images.

anyway, firefly looks great. are you going to add a back pack or something? I think if you paint a SW Endortroop hardpack black it might work.

I uploaded all the images at once at imageshack and when I copied the link that is what it gave me.

I have been thinking about the back pack. I found this one at OSW that I wanted to copy. It looks really good, its the closest I have seen anyone get to Firefly's backpack. I jus cant find the frame.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26068&highlight="firefly"
382v.jpg

Ill look into the Endortrooper backpack, thanks.

that one looks good too.

i just looked up toyanxiety and surprisingly the endor hardpack is sold out there.

but here is a link to the pics
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-2110&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

While the frame looks good, Firefly's pack isn't that square:

firefly.jpg

It's more of an "A" frame, there's no structure attached to the top part of the frame and only a toolbox at the bottom. I think if onethousandmasks finds a frame (or can build one out of something like Ertle model trees), his pack'll be perfect.

Back