SSW Theoden Auction = $11.50 ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, theres just no market for LOTR in general really. No new movie to give it that push. I rememeber Gruson or someone getting into a debate about this a year back or so. Yet we have people who are in disbelief.

That statue is slightly damaged, but still 11 bucks (box?)...gotta feel for the seller. It's kinda sad seeing these pieces go for so low. But definately the time to be buying.

:confused::confused::confused:

A man named Guilermo Del Toro is starting up a little project in NZ..............

Gotta wait for the little trailer before any thing really happens. Theres that old "wait till the Hobbit..." saying which may or may not come into play for these pieces.

I have about half an LOTR collection I want to turn over to make room for changing/new tastes, but no way I'd sell much in this no demand market. Patiently awaiting The Hobbit and hoping it kicks major ass.

I bet he wished he took a BIN offer now, that and opened it up for overseas buyers.
Plus this never was the greatest statue, many had so-so paint jobs and this one was damaged too. But even so, that is darn low.
However, it is good for buyers, just recently I managed to pick up two that I've really wanted for a pretty fair price, Sam & Bill and Bilbo.

Plus this never was the greatest statue, many had so-so paint jobs

That they did, the gold gilding was somewhat haphazardly applied on about half the run; buuuut if you get a good one - it is actually one of the best sculpts in the SSW line; I wouldn't part with mine, not even for $11.50! :horror

Well, theres just no market for LOTR in general really. No new movie to give it that push. I rememeber Gruson or someone getting into a debate about this a year back or so. Yet we have people who are in disbelief.

That statue is slightly damaged, but still 11 bucks (box?)...gotta feel for the seller. It's kinda sad seeing these pieces go for so low. But definately the time to be buying.

LOL...yes, always sell into the hype. I tried to tell you guys. :)

I have been collecting one thing or another for over 20 years now.

Only a very small number of pieces keep their value long term.

i thinks that alot of the lotr items were overly produced also.
i know lotr had a more worldwide following while other ssc line tend to be north america only, but some (not this one) pieces es close in on 10,000 pieces:horror

i know lotr had a more worldwide following while other ssc line tend to be north america only, but some (not this one) pieces es close in on 10,000 pieces:horror

That was only half of the medallions, the other half had an ES of 1000, leaving 9000 ppl out of luck if they wanted a complete set.

Other then that, most were in the 1000-3000 range, tho some of the later statues were 5000+

For $11.50, if the paint app was that bad, you could easily turn this into a faux-bronze project!

I sold off my SS/W statues last fall. I lost money on some, made some on a few, and broke even on some.

But, this is nuts.

To think retail price was $125 for this one too.

Kinda wonder about everyone who spent $2,000 and up for the Cave Troll or original Balrog....

I sold off my SS/W statues last fall. I lost money on some, made some on a few, and broke even on some.

But, this is nuts.

To think retail price was $125 for this one too.

Kinda wonder about everyone who spent $2,000 and up for the Cave Troll or original Balrog....

though the Cave Troll seems to be devalueing slightly, a good mint daddy Rog still commands $2000. at least from what i've seen.

Back