The Da Vinci Code trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably the only person on earth that hasn't read the book. The trailer looks really good! I should probably read the book before I see it though?

Da Vinci Code

This movie is definitely on my to see list. The trailer looks awesome. Can't wait for it to come out.

Mutant Enemy said:
I'm probably the only person on earth that hasn't read the book. The trailer looks really good! I should probably read the book before I see it though?
not alone.
same here

I'd actually recommend seeing the film first. The book is pretty much a potboiler thriller with some interesting history thrown in, so I can't imagine the movie will leave much out.

Personally I thought it did a good job of popularizing information that has been discussed for years, but I didn't think it was a great book by any means. I fully expect to like the movie a lot more.

Take it from Dave, I have followed his comments on movies for a while now, and he has yet to miss the mark...

I'll probably go see it. It looks interesting and the theory behind it is even more interesting not that I actually believe it.

You didn't seen these particular ones on the Discovery Channel. You probably saw versions that had some production value.

Darklord Dave said:
You didn't seen these particular ones on the Discovery Channel. You probably saw versions that had some production value.

Maybe it wasn't the discovery channel. It may have been National Geographic. It's either these two or copycat programs.

The trailer looks great. I'd guess the rating they are aiming for will be PG-13 judging by the cleaver censoring. I'm surprised how much is actually revealed in the trailer. Those of who haven't read the book and don't want to find out any spoilers don't watch the trailer slowly. Just watch it regularly and not frame by frame.

I have the book but haven't read it yet. Everyone I know who's read it says it's good, but I haven't gotten myself in the mood for it. But now that the movie's coming out, I'll see if I can't spare some time for the book (because I prefer to read the book first!). :joy

Wow, that *does* look good! Much better than I expected it to look. I enjoyed the book for what it was - a fun thriller with some twists and turns along the way.

I'm pretty dang sure it was those two exact programs but I could be and probably am wrong.

Darklord Dave said:

:mwaha Come on now Dave, they must have *some* production value ;)

Agree with Dave on the book. If you haven't read it before now, might as well wait for the movie. The elements are so intrinsic to each other that they wouldn't leave out any of the critical ones from the book IMO. It's a good book, but his first one was much better I thought. The trailer really does look good. Will be a definite "go see" at theaters for me.

I just finished reading the book yesterday... let me tell you... it is unbelievable... I even went home earlier from the second party on Saturday so I could read more chapters in my book. Once you start... you cannot stop. Now for me the countdown goes to the movie. My suggestion... read the book before the movie... it is amazing :google

Back