have you ever been happy when you didn't win something on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlepower73

Super Freak
Reaction score
well i bid on 2 al pacino fengs head sculpts . it was really impulse i think for me because feng does an incredible job on this stuff.i didn't win and i am happy... i am sure give them time if hot toys started the godfather line or just was finishing the marlon brando line. maybe they will do al pacino.but again this sculpter is amazing but 2 expensie for a head sculpt from probably an almost impulse collector.

I never bid on something that I don't absolutely want. I only get pissed when someone outbids me by a penny at the last second! :mad:

no. if I am bidding on it, I want it.

I like to bid a the last minute and snype it away from other people that absolutely want the item.

no. if I am bidding on it, I want it.

I like to bid a the last minute and snype it away from other people that absolutely want the item.

708.gif

I never bid on something that I don't absolutely want. I only get pissed when someone outbids me by a penny at the last second! :mad:
I like to wait to the last minute too. I don't get mad though, because I bid my highest bid, knowing if I loose I haven't gone over my limit. Snipers are always going to win by a dollar, because they may have bid way more than you were prepared to, so don't feel pissed. Be happy you made the sniper pay more than what you thought it was worth.

I always snipe at the last min. I never bid early. I don't see the point in driving the price up with 2 or 3 days left.

There is a ton of shill bidding by the sellers friends or under the sellers other account anyway. Ever notice how a price seems to go from $10 to $200 in 1 or 2 bids with 5 days left?:rolleyes:

i agree with all those comments. but after i lost i was not mad. because i only bid once. But i felt wow i just saved $300 dollars. even if i won the heads i have to find the right clothes and wait for hot toys bodies .so now ican spend money on others stuff to buy.

I always bid within the last 30 seconds AND always add .02 to the total. There have been many, many auctions I have won by that single penny over .01. If I am not going to be home when the auction ends, 90% of the time I don't even bother with it.

As far as being happy when I didn't win, the only time this happens is when I win another auction for less. :D

I was happy that I didn´t win a auction for the Clone Wars Blu-ray Steelbook, because I found one for a good price just after I bid on one which was out of my league from the start ...

i always wait until the last second too, as a fellow member can attest to :monkey3 :lol but sometimes i regret just spending so much on certain items, even though i want it, i always think man i could have had a couple grand just laying around and now i dont :(

sometimes people get so caught up in the bidding within the last half hour, that they will bid more than other available BIN auctions.

sometimes people get so caught up in the bidding within the last half hour, that they will bid more than other available BIN auctions.

I've noticed that! I sell part of my baseball season tickets and I always put BIN on mine and others will have auctions and the auctions will go for alot higher than my BIN and I have waaaaay better seats! Just doesn't make sense.

I missed on some expensive pieces and was happy I didn't win. I used to get caught in the moment, but hardly buy anything anymore, just sell.

I like to wait to the last minute too. I don't get mad though, because I bid my highest bid, knowing if I loose I haven't gone over my limit. Snipers are always going to win by a dollar, because they may have bid way more than you were prepared to, so don't feel pissed. Be happy you made the sniper pay more than what you thought it was worth.

Oh I know, but when I purposely put in say $50.06 and they win with $50.07, I get ticked! :lol

I have gotten involved in bidding wars, started irrationally bidding too much toward the end, and was glad not to have won.

I would ideally wait until the last 30 seconds to start bidding, but sometimes forget about auctions altogether, so sometimes I'll put down something a few hours beforehand, just in case I forget and can get an auction for a steal (which is almost never, of course. If I want something, chances are others do, too).

Yeah, it was a rare photo, I bid a really high amount on it since I really wanted it, but it was bid up by a shill bidder because as soon as the seconds ticked down and I was outbid by a lot of money, and within a few hours, I was sent a second chance offer and was told the High Bidder didn't want to pay and he/she would sell it to me for my high bid, I told him to stick it up his azz.

Back