RED DAWN: 2010 remake casting news . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved this movie. i swear i watched it about 100 times. This movie made me want and buy an Ak47 or kalishnakov. I still haven't had the desire to drink deer blood though.

I loved the original... All I'm going to say about this remake-- Adrianne Palicki :monkey5

I guess they were afraid to write Iran or another Middle East being involved in an invasion. I would find that alittle more believable than Russia and China together.

I loved the original!

I can't imagine a Red Dawn movie working in a modern setting. Russia's too broke to invade, and China is pretty much Communist in name only. There's no plausible explanation as to why either of those countries would invade the US. You need the red scare and cheese of the 80's to pull something like this off.

Not to start a geo-political discussion/debate, but . . .

Given the current economic and political situation in the world . . . it's "possible" that the US may be embroiled in a future conflict with China and possibly Russia given the ideological/leadership agendas/shifts within those countries. It seems a little narrow minded that this country is going to be constantly fighting with Middle East countries for the next 20 years, but then again . . .

For all we know . . . the US may end up fighting against the European Union in the future.

The original was good fun but nothing special. I can't imagine a remake being any better though.

Just read where this will be released at the end of the year, probably due to the success of Thor and The Avengers since Chris Hemsworth plays the lead in it.

I honestly thought this was already released or that it went straight to video. I guess not.

Isn't Russia and China mentioned in the book of Revelations?:naughty:monkey3

/Teemu?

Obviously not by these names, but yes. The "kings of the east" are mentioned with a 200 million man army and China is the leading candidate for that. Russia is thought to be mentioned as the enemy to the north in the battle of Gog and Magog.

Oh, and its Revelation.....not RevelationS.

Last edited:
Back