Gentle Giant Delays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine whatever the reason is going to effect a lot of their products, maybe not, but I ordered the Hoth Luke mini bust in January this year with an August 2009 ship date, I just got an email this morning that it's been bumped to January 2010, that's a significant bump, i wonder what's happened.

Gentle Giant is a sinking ship. My guess is they're getting closer to the end all the time.

Gentle Giant is a sinking ship. My guess is they're getting closer to the end all the time.

So it would seem, products being cancelled, this one getting delayed significantly, I sure hope this at least gets made. They just promoted the new Oola and Bespin statue though, so I can't figure what's going on with them, I'd just like a Luke bust with a lightsaber, I'm getting it because it looks cool alltogether but it's a nice bonus to have a Jedi with a lit saber.

All companies are having factory problems in China with a lot of factories closing. Perhaps that a contributing factor.

Perhaps, but it's never a good sign. Since the whole "Rock Star" thing that GG pulled...they haven't been looked at the same way by collectors. Happy I got out of GG awhile ago.

Is that because of the global economy, do you think? Or more political reasons?

The lead paint thing caused a big shakeout in the Chinese manufacturing, but the global economy is the main reason I think. I know that there aren't as many factories available or this kind of work as there used to be.

The lead paint thing caused a big shakeout in the Chinese manufacturing, but the global economy is the main reason I think. I know that there aren't as many factories available or this kind of work as there used to be.

Zoiks! That's potentially bad news for all us collectors, since virtually everything we collect is fabricated there. Let's hope the worst has passed.

Yeah hopefully all is good with them. I stopped collecting GG recently in favor of more Hot Toys, SSC and replicas.

Zoiks! That's potentially bad news for all us collectors, since virtually everything we collect is fabricated there. Let's hope the worst has passed.

How about products period, hardly anything is made within the U.S. anymore, much of it comes from elsewhere, the whole world and life is getting a big shake up and change right now.

I just recently switched from 12" figures to GG mini-busts. This news makes me wish i didn't. At least with sideshow or hot toys if there is a delay it's not that big of one. Looks like i'll be re-focusing the collection again:banghead

I just recently switched from 12" figures to GG mini-busts. This news makes me wish i didn't. At least with sideshow or hot toys if there is a delay it's not that big of one. Looks like i'll be re-focusing the collection again:banghead

Nice to have you back again:banana

With what they're actually releasing this calander year & what little they've already released so far, '09 is going down as the worst year for GG since their armless mini-bust days.

Does anyone know when their licensing agreement is up?

I had quite a few GG pieces, but since have sold most of them off, with only my original vader bust, stormtrooper, luke x wing pilot, vader kneeling and slave leia left.
I was looking forward to the Luke hoth mini bust as well as i was disappointed with the luke jedi bust. The luke bespin statue was a high hope of mine until i saw the painted prototype pics. a reeeeeal let down in my opinion.
Ive given up on GG and wont order anything until it is actually released (if most of them ever get released now :banghead)

They other thing is that the stuff that they actually HAVE been producing lately is subpar quality.

Avoid Gentle Giant at all costs. Like Josh said... sinking ship.

i've got the AT-AT pilot minibust on pre order and am impatiently waiting on it. the TIE pilot turned out fine

Back