Why no Hanukkah site decoration?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see snow, a wreath with a ribbon and a certain color scheme. No mention of any holiday...

Darklord Dave said:
I see snow, a wreath with a ribbon and a certain color scheme. No mention of any holiday...

That won't stop people from complaining, you should know better! ;)

BTW, great work Frankenfan!

Some snow, a few pines, an innocuous little wreath.

No manger, no Three Kings, no Virgin Mary, no baby Jesus.

It's intended to be specific to the season, not to any one particular faith.

I guess the Floridians will soon be complaining about the snow.

Yes FrankenFan as a native Floridian I am very offended by the snow and pine trees. I think it is only fair to have a palm tree or two, we do decorate down here too ya know. And while I am on the subject I was deeply distraught by the orange leaves around Thanksgiving, leaves in Florida go from from green to brown when they die.

:santa Ho ho ho and a Bottle of Rum! :chug

Well I think it's brilliant Frankenfan. Keep up the good work and ignore any complaints!
Remember: :You can't please all the people all the time, but you can certainly piss 'em all off if you try hard enough!!!:naughty

Collector Freak said:
I'm just wondering. We're not all Christian. :peace
probably cause he couldnt fit "Merry Christma-hana-quanzika" on there.
So he opted for Merry Snow Wreath which he thought was safe ...... bwahaha ... not

...........It's no use......I can't escape this nonsense.......even online......Ugh.... :banghead

Ironically I was just at the Screen Actors Guild here in LA. They have a nice large Christmas three and right next to it a menorah with candles and a dradle and a cartoon about the history of Chanukah and right next to that a small table with another menorah with different color candles and a brochure on the meaning of Kwanzaa.

But as a Pagan I was deeply offended by the lack of any Festivus decorations.

Dave you are politcally inccorrect when you state they had a Christmas tree, it is known now as "Holiday Trees" :wacky

What about the Northern Gods??????????????????

Should not the Mjolner be crushing all other symbols????????

thorshammer.jpg

I'm not a Christian either, but I'm not offended by the image. Perhaps it should be said that the wreath is considered a Christmas decoration, and there isn't another religious symbol or decoration shown. Red and green (colors of the words Sideshow and Freaks respectively) are also considered Christmas colors. But Collector Freak, if it helps, the snow is blue and white, the colors often associated with Judaism, and here in the U.S. apparently with Hanukkah. OK, I admit that association is a bit insulting and for that I apologize. It also makes me wonder what a person would have to drink to do that. Again, my sincere apologies. My feeble attempts at observational humor and lightening the situation. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a menorah, Star of David, or Kwanzaa symbols or decorations, among whatever other religious symbols there are along with the image, provided they are nice or even beautiful to look at. In fact, I'd prefer it in a sense. I'm agnostic, but that allows me to inherit all that I find beautiful without prejudice and of my own accord. The problem with trying to display a number of different religious symbols and decorations arises when those you've forgotten feel left out, as is true here, or those who don't celebrate certain or any holidays this time of year or at all feel like they are having religion thrown at them.

Collector Freak, I noticed, as I was typing this, you added your response regarding the wreath (I kept a second window open for various reasons). It seems it was added without knowledge that wreaths are considered typically a Christian decoration. I hope no offense is taken. I fear a compromise might be difficult to work out, however, even though some religions may have already adopted others' traditions, symbols, or decorations, because not every faith can be covered. It also seems that none can't be covered easily either. :p

Last edited:
Lets not forget naked women, my religon calls for many beautiful naked women. And again Thors hammer because Thors hammer represents all.

Back