Marlon Wayans, in my G.i. JOE?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
As with many of you, i cringed when he was revealed to even be involved with this project. thought recently, I've come to the conclusion that it's not that he's in it that upsets me, it's that he's cast poorly.
By that, i mean i think He's fine for the movie, just not the role.
So i pose this question to you as well.

Don't you think He would have made a pretty good Alpine?

30489512wvRIMSrzqN_fs.jpg
=
marlon_wayans_gi_joe_photo.jpg
?

Thoughts?

I don't believe/feel Marlon Wayans is even deserving . . . much less worthy of being a GI JOE character.

Ving Rhames (when he was younger), Wesley Snipes, Terrence Howard could have made a good STALKER.

Vondie Curtis-Hall or Don Cheadle would be a good choice for DOC.

He could work great as an Alpine in a pure GI Joe comedy with, say, Will Ferrel as his buddy Bazooka. But I don't like Wayans in any role in a serious GI Joe movie. I've seen Requiem for a Dream, and I still don't care.

wrong for the movie & wrong for the character.

Ripcord was a white dude with red hair.

Hell, Seth Green would've been a better choice.

wrong for the movie & wrong for the character.

Ripcord was a white dude with red hair.

Hell, Seth Green would've been a better choice.

Ripcord wasn't a comedic character-- granted he dated a girl named Candy that wore a bear suit but when he parachuted onto Cobra Island by himself to get some retribution (and command kind of set that up to have an excuse to go in and "get him"/reconaissance) that was the beginning (or rather continutation) of another great plot...

A good Ripcord should have been Kevin McKidd (from HBO's Rome and currently seen on ABC's Grey's Anatomy or so my wife tells me).

kevin-mckidd.jpg

Back