If there was one thing you could change on Anakin's face, what would it be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
First of all, I want to say how impressive Anakin looks. I think Sideshow did a wonderful job representing the ROTS Anakin in this figure. His expression fits perfectly for the final half of the movie.

But if there was one thing I could change, it would be the wrinkles between his eyebrows. They appear a bit too exaggerated to match the rest of his face. His eyes give a nice determined glare, but the wrinkles seem to over do it. If you place your finger over the wrinkles, you can see that the eyes and eyebrows already do a fine job conveying the expression. Also, there doesn't appear to be tension elsewhere in his face to suggest contortion between his eyes. Without the wrinkles, his expression could remain somewhat neutral while maintaining the essential anger and frustration he has during the movie.

0006436.jpg

What do you guys think?

0006436edit3ie.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the wrinkles.

I'd tone his jawline and lower lip down a bit, they seem too pronounced.

I wouldn't change anything untill I have more pics to compare. Right now, some messy hair would be the only thing.

I knew right away it was Anakin, and that is what works for me.

wHAT IS MISSING , I THINK, IS SOME LINES UNDER THE EYES ...IN ALL THE MOVIE HE HAS DETERMINED EYES BUT HE ALSO LOOKS LIKE HE HAVENT SLEPT SINCE A LONG TIME...LIKE SOMEBODY WHO IS DEPRESSED....THATS THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE...

Last edited:
If I had to chose something, I guess it would be the hair-do. Perhaps more messy is the answer but I think it's a little off.*

*I'm still picking up this one, though!

wasnt the scar on his face a little bit darker in the movie?? and while anakin progressed through the movie it seemed lit it got darker... did anyone see this or am i just seeing things???

if i could only change one thing, it would be the jawline/underbite. as it is, he looks like a young arnold schwarzenegger.

I think the hair is fine. I know it is very hard to sculpt long hair and I think that the sculptor of this figure did an excellent job.

I don't know if there is anything I would change. I will have to see it from different angles to make a judgement.

I think we need to see a few more photos. If I have learned anything with SS, it is that the first photos are NEVER a good representation of the product. We need a few more photos to make a good judgement IMO.

But I think it looks good :)

captain sack said:
if i could only change one thing, it would be the jawline/underbite. as it is, he looks like a young arnold schwarzenegger.

Exactly, the jawline is too pronounced. He looks like John-Boy from the Waltons to me. The hair should also be much more unsettled.

For sculpted hair, I think they did a fantastic job. You want the hair to be more unsettled, but that might look strange on hair that is molded.

I actually don't think the jawline is too pronounced now. I think it's just the lighting, saw someone photoshop an image without the dark line of the jaw going up to the ear, and it looks far more accurate.

I was trying to imitate the wrinkles between the eyes and I can only get two shallow lines to form between my eyebrows if I squeeze hard enough. The figure has three large wrinkles with one slightly off symmetry. Did Hayden ever have these three large wrinkles in the movie?

JustinLuck said:
I was trying to imitate the wrinkles between the eyes and I can only get two shallow lines to form between my eyebrows if I squeeze hard enough. The figure has three large wrinkles with one slightly off symmetry. Did Hayden ever have these three large wrinkles in the movie?

Look at the cover of the Ep III DVD - they're there.

Well if I were Sideshow the one thing I'd change about Anakin's face would be --NOT USING IT FOR THE PREVIEW PIC!

I think in the future we'll have more pics of hands or feet or just a mysterious robed figures for preview pictures...

LOL, that is probably a good idea Dave. All I know is, I can't wait to pre-order on Friday =)

Back