Re: Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score

I would just like to take the opportunity to point out the fact that the only person who has paid our sculptors (neither of whom are C. Howes, thank goodness) for the Hobbit sculpts has been Dave. So we should all stay extra patient with regards to the progress on these sculpts.

Just know that I have 100% confidence they will be done. I'm just not 100% sure when... :lol

I have full faith in Dave. It does however look like the R.M.S. Howes finally struck that big iceberg its been heading for .........

Funny. I'm in no rush. Lost interest but still in for the long hall.

Man, after reading that thread full of disgruntled, paid customers, and it containing a lack of any update/comment by him...

plane_crash.jpg

This is the reason I don't take money up front and the reason for my rules for dealing with pros.

I've been told that we'll see something by SDCC.

Just let us know as soon as you want payment Dave.

One question: Will painted sculpts be available? I made a bit of a mess of my Andy Bergholz Daniel Craig...:eek::mad:

This is the reason I don't take money up front and the reason for my rules for dealing with pros.

I've been told that we'll see something by SDCC.

:lecture :lecture

I think the way we are doing these is the perfect route.

Just let us know as soon as you want payment Dave.

One question: Will painted sculpts be available? I made a bit of a mess of my Andy Bergholz Daniel Craig...:eek::mad:

I seriously doubt it. Though there may be a few customizers who will be up to the task of doing group orders. :)

This pair is one that I'm seriously considering sending off to one of the better repainters that frequent the board. Are there any that are in on the project? I'd rather go that route and not create a stir, if you will.

I'm pretty decent with skintones, drybrushing and washes, but I absolutely suck at painting eyeballs. One iris always ends up bigger than the other. :banghead

I really am grateful to dave for taking the position he took on this project.

Regarding painting, I hope to send them to small studios, but he is really getting well known as he should so I think his wait times will increase. but he did my faramir and aragorn and they look great.

Been waiting for this Howes thing to explode for months now.

Not sure how so many got sucked in with this guy in the first place. I mean, for all his self-promoting, did anyone look at his work on his original site? A few porcelin kittens didn't sell me.

I understand the buyers anger and frustration at this point. Surprised it took so long. Warnings were made early on, but there were so many adamant Pro-Chris supporters that jumped on anyone who questioned anything Chris did that those warnings were quickly buried in the perpetual need for more and more "dream" sculpts. I have no orders with him, so my own personal frustration comes simply from fearing this was gonna happen and now seeing it come to light.

I do sincerely hope it works out for everybody.

I really wanted to get a piece of the Doctor Who stuff he was doing but in the end my gut told me to stay away.

I know. I felt the same about the Glau sculpt. :(

Has anyone here received anything or just ebay buyers?

Speaking of repainting, and creating skintones, did we ever decide how these were going to be cast? Andy B shared with me the source he used for Transparent fleshcolored resin. To keep the hobits looking uniform, I'd strongly recomend going that route, and it also means far less to paint.

I'd be happy to PM that website addy he sent me to whomever is gonna do the castings.

Speaking of repainting, and creating skintones, did we ever decide how these were going to be cast? Andy B shared with me the source he used for Transparent fleshcolored resin. To keep the hobits looking uniform, I'd strongly recomend going that route, and it also means far less to paint.

I'd be happy to PM that website addy he sent me to whomever is gonna do the castings.

I think that road'll be crossed once we have sculpts to cast. :lol But I do agree, this is the way to go. :D

I used the flesh dye in resin before and ended up just painting the whole thing anyway because the color just wasn't great. It's not like the PVC flesh cast that HT and now SSC are doing and I doubt we could replicate that.

Back