Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting... But for me (and maybe it was due to the fact that TL,TW,&TW was a major favourite of mine when I was very young-- one of the first books I read on my own) Prince Caspian was a major letdown from the Chronic (WHAT?) Ls of Narnia.

I hope they right the ship.

I've never been big on Narnia, it always seemed like a waste of a decent budget to me.

Good to see that there will be another one,i actually enjoyed Voyage of the Dawn Treader(Tv Show) so the movie should be good too,i hated the original Prince Caspian but the movie was good so we`ll see.

The movies were fine for me (I liked the books better), but I'm glad Fox picked them up if only because I hate to see a series go unfinished!

Now if someone would just pick up His Dark Materials! :(

Caspian was a decent flick... but really the books tend to go downhill after Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. And I seriously doubt the full 7 will ever see theatrical releases, maybe some kind of straight to DVD releases.

Caspian was a decent flick... but really the books tend to go downhill after Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. And I seriously doubt the full 7 will ever see theatrical releases, maybe some kind of straight to DVD releases.

The last book is kind of a downer.

Disney botched their Narnia franchise. Lion, Witch Wardrobe was a bona-fide phenomenon-- it should not have taken 3 years for the sequel to be released, and in the summer.

Giving up was the right business choice because the Narnia franchise had lost all its steam (through mistakes of their own)

Fox is picking up the scraps and seeing if they can make some coin of it.

Hopefully we can finally get a PG-13 film. I always felt the lack of any decent violence in the battles made the battles seem unimportant. The second film was especially bad when someone clearly got stabbed and the sword gets pulled out without a trace of blood on it. I'm not saying these need to be blood baths, but something along the lines of Lord of the Rings would be much better than the Disney battles.

No doubt :lol Had to reread the end to make sure I got what the hell had happened :lol

What exactly did happen?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anymore Narnia movies that come out after this one, might have to wait three years after the two Hobbit movies are released. That or risk another Summer release.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I rather see more Narnia movies then all the dumb remakes coming out. I enjoyed both Narnia films and I see the new one.

I rather see more Narnia movies then all the dumb remakes coming out. I enjoyed both Narnia films and I see the new one.

Technically the Narnia movies are remakes - they were mini-series in the UK first.

I thought Prince Caspian was very good. So of course I'm very happy they are making a third in the series.

I wonder if they will stick with the same director.

They never should have released Caspian in the summer.

I couldn't agree more...it should have been a fall movie. I'm not a big fan of the original books and the first Narnia movie was okay...but I really liked the darker edge "Caspian" had...I mean really, how many "family" movies are out there where an underlying theme is about ethnic cleansing?

Now, hearing that the movie series might continue somewhere other than Disney, maybe they will continue with that dark edge intact...

Back