Neca announces 18inch John Lennon fig

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would very likely purchase all SS 12" figures of the Beatles. :rock

Neca announces 18inch John

Hi Gruff, Forbidden Planet has it up for 25 Pound I think. Not due till March. I inadvertently deleted the newsletter. It doesn't appear on their site at present. Maybe someone else can post a link please.

I can't wait to get this. I hope they make a 8" version too as well as the rest of the beatles. I wonder if this could be sideshow's mystery license/surprise :D I guess it could also be KISS since Gene Simmons was seen talking to Sideshow :rolleyes:

I hope we can get more versions of John at the very least: Beatles suit and tie, Huge beard, etc.

I wonder if there would be widespread support for a PF or 12" Beatles line from SSC? I guess the McF figures did pretty well...

I actually thought the McFarlane figures didn't do well. I was surprised they rereleased the Yellow Sub figures. Figures of their likenesses (realistic not cartoony) would do extremely well I'd think. I know I'd buy them and I didn't buy the cartoon figures.

Depends on the quality Dave. I was lucky enough to see the Pistols in '77 at the Nikkers club in Keighley, Yorkshire just after getting over here. I would have always said that if figures were done I would buy them, however, the medicom figures (at the price!!!) are just not accurate. Rottens hair was bright ginger at that time.
I have certainly ordered the NECA Lennon, as the 3 NECA 18" LOTR figures that are stood on my windowsill, are excellent (for the price).

I would buy Beatles figures but they would have to look exactly like the Beatles!!!

Anyway, I need to save space for my GILES figure.:naughty

I don't really think you can compare Pistols and Beatles. At least the Beatles could actually play their instruments.

I like Beatles music, but I didn't grow up in that period and don't have anything invested in it. I'm wondering if there are enough older collectors to make it viable.

With all due respect Dave, the comparison is not in musical or lyrical ability. (I think that would have to be a "no contest") but in the way that each band broke the mould of the existing pop scene. I was knee high to an ewok when the Beatles broke, so they were before my time, but as a spotty 17 year old the Pistols were the most exciting thing I'd ever seen.

But you are right...they couldn't play their instruments...if I remember correctly, that was the attraction. The end of the 7 minute guitar solo!!!!:banghead

Darklord Dave said:
I'm wondering if there are enough older collectors to make it viable.
Talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation!

I was 14 in February, 1964, when Beatlemania swept the USA, horrified parents everywhere, shut down barbershops from coast to coast, and led the vanguard of a world-wide cultural revolution.

While there is still time, this "older collector" would love 12-inch Fab Four figures depicting the boys from these phases of their career:

btls_01.jpg

btls_02.jpg

btls_03.jpg

btls_4.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

Back