Meeting Celebrities: What to get signed in person

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
In addition to collecting action figures and what not, I've always been somwhat of an autograph/picture hound. When I was younger, the first thing I would have signed at a con was a MOC action figure, then I moved on to DVDs, then posters, then index cards. If you guys know you are gonna meet someone you admire, what would you have them sign? DVD, toy, index card, photo or poster? Something else? IMO, index cards are always nice, because they are clean and can be framed with a nice picture.

I ask this because I am going to Vegas next week and might get a chance to meet Willem Dafoe and Robin Williams, who are to of my biggest inspirations as an actor. I absolutely love Willem in everything he's been in, but ultimately have to have him sign something from Spiderman. Yet, as big of a Spidey fan as I am, I don't own ANY merchandise from the film, save for some action figures (not even the DVD!) I do however have plenty of index cards, a Last Temptation of Christ DVD and an American Psycho poster.

For Williams, I would HAVE to get something from Aladdin signed, yet I only have the DVD. Ideally, I would already own an Aladdin poster, but I don't, so it's between an Aladdin DVD and an index card.

If you were going to meet a personal hero and are into getting autographs, what would you have them sign?

I've gotten a few things signed by actors. DVDs, books, action figures...

For Dafoe I'd get The Last Temptation of Christ or Platoon signed. If I had the Elias figure, I'd have that signed above everything else. For Williams it would be The World According to Garp DVD.

I wouldn't have Dafoe sign the American Psycho poster, he has such a minor role in it. But congrats on meeting your two inspirations!

When I met a lot of the cast/crew of LOTR I had them all sign a bookcase for the trilogy.

Definitely go with TLTOC for Dafoe

I'd have one of my favorite directors, (be it raimi, or rodriguez) sign my camera. It would have more meaning to me then a poster, or a toy. So when ever I film, I get to have some sorta inspiration.

That's cool, but I could never have something singed that I use on a regular basis for fear that the sigs might wear off. If I get something signed, I want it framed or displayed so I can admire it in the future.

I would love to meet Raimi, but I got the good fortune to meed Rodriguez a couple of years ago when he was in town for a film festival. Really cool guy, who signed my festival flyer.

First off Dafoe rocks big time and I really hope you meet him, I love that guy! Imo he did have a significant role in American Psycho and it would make sense having somehing for him to sign.

Also when it comes to autographs I would and only collect 8X10 photos .......... theres just something more attractive with a nicely framed picture than anything else imo.

Have fun dude!

That's cool, but I could never have something singed that I use on a regular basis for fear that the sigs might wear off. If I get something signed, I want it framed or displayed so I can admire it in the future.

I would love to meet Raimi, but I got the good fortune to meed Rodriguez a couple of years ago when he was in town for a film festival. Really cool guy, who signed my festival flyer.

Extreamly good point.....I'd try to cover it with some kindof seal stuff...but i'd also have them sign something to display.

I was going to start a similar thread.

I'm going to Wizard World Philly in a few weeks and Ray Park will be there. Has anyone met him before? I'm curious to know if he is a nice guy or a jerk. I'm thinking of getting one of the bases signed from either the DOTF dio or the Maul PF, but I don't have any kind of experience in this sort of thing.

I'd want something that I can display, so am with the guys on an 8x10. If I didn't have something on hand I'd order it specially or have it made up.

Thanks to my friend working set security, I have got to meet 5 celebs now, I always go with the 8x10, but an action figure could be cool as well.

FOXY-1.jpg

For Defoe, I would get a Platoon DVD signed. For Williams though I would want either Dead Poets Society or Good Will Hunting DVDs signed.

I was going to start a similar thread.

I'm going to Wizard World Philly in a few weeks and Ray Park will be there. Has anyone met him before? I'm curious to know if he is a nice guy or a jerk. I'm thinking of getting one of the bases signed from either the DOTF dio or the Maul PF, but I don't have any kind of experience in this sort of thing.

Ray Park is one of the nicest guys in the world. Truly.

For Defoe, I would get a Platoon DVD signed. For Williams though I would want either Dead Poets Society or Good Will Hunting DVDs signed.

Agree with you on Dead Poets Society stuff (DVD) for Williams to sign -- beautiful film with great work by Williams. For DaFoe, would want him to sign something with either Platoon or Shadow of the Vampire.

Besides collecting PF's and life sized busts, I'm into pro wrestling and I enjoy autograph collecting myself with pro wrestlers because of how easily obtainable autographs are. Nothing beats getting a 8x10 photo signed. Same would go if it's an actor or actress.

For Williams, I would HAVE to get something from Aladdin signed, yet I only have the DVD. Ideally, I would already own an Aladdin poster, but I don't, so it's between an Aladdin DVD and an index card.

Check at your post office. When they released the Disney stamps they made some nice prints of the art that was used on the stamps. I have my Aladdin and Genie print in a frame and it looks great. They come with white matts that would be perfect to get a signature on. :)

Back