Marmit vs Medicom Vader!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Serg

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Someone posted a nice comp shot over at the statue forum. This Marmit
version is the prototype that would've been, had it been produced.
It's 14" tall & the detailing is superb!

marmit-vader1.jpg

marmit-vader3.jpg

marmit-dvader-11.jpg

Here's hoping that sideshows Vader is just as good (if not better) than the Marmits.
(I'd take an exact duplicate at this point)

*ss*

This is a masterpiece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowwwwwwwww...that Vader is fantastic !!!!!! It makes the medicom one look like crap..... as oppose to Dave, I think the helmet is dead on....Could someone tell me if this Vader 's gonna get done eventually by Marmit...i'm not really familiar with those japanese company.....???? Sideshow need to take note.......This figure would have been the perfect Vader...

If only Sideshow could make his helmet look like that....

Seeing those two together really brings out the shortness of the Medicom version. I hope Sideshows comes out at least as good as the Marmit one. The helmet looks ok to me as well.

I hated to see Marmit lose the Star Wars license (and as rumor would have it so has Medicom). I still think that their Stormtrooper is the best one out there. I was waiting for their version of Vader for some time. It is heartbreaking to see that they came so far without it ever becoming a reality.

I had followed the development of the Marmit Vader for awhile. I've enclosed two photos that haven't been posted... one of a VERY early prototype and a straight ahead shot of the helmet. The latter shows some of the sculpt's "issues". Still, a impressive effort... most impressive.

FAR better than the Medicom version in my opinion.

Let's hope Sideshow takes notes and blows them BOTH away!:banana

I liked the Medicom Vader quite a lot. It was very well detailed, really one of the best of the RAH figures. But it's too small. Far too short and slim for a 1/6th figure of this subject. At 12" even including boots and helmet it would make Vader 6' even in 1/1st which is off by approx ten inches. A fourteen inch figure like Marmits would be much closer to correct. But the quality and design of Medicom Vader was excellent. The problem is if your collecting SSC Star Wars figures he just wasn't going to look right posed with them. But again as a stand alone figure the Medicom was very well done.

I was going to post pics of Marmit vs Medicom, but he beat me to it. However if anyone looking at them thinks the Marmit trooper is better than the Medicom one then the pics really aren't doing them justice. Looking at them side by side the Medicom is as superior to the Marmit as it is to the Hasbro version. The only thing the Marmit has on him is height, but the Medicom trooper fits in with Luke and Vader fine.

The undersuit is far superior with an accurate neck that has the rubber ribbing. The undersuit is kind of a pleather rather than nylon. The helmet and all the armor is a sharper casting and the helmet is more properly proportioned than Marmit's. The Medicom has a proper human head under the helmet too, although it's not painted or detailed. But it does mean the helmet sits better and allow for more poses.

I had almost regretted getting the Medicom, but after receiving it I was glad I did. SSC is going to have to go a long way to beat it. (Same as Vader).

Last edited:
Based on the photo's I was surprised how many preffered the Marmit to the Medicom. I've never seen the Marmit in person but it doesn't appear to be the equal of the Medicom (which I owned) in the pictures posted except for being the right height. And I agree again with Dave that it is not going to be easy for SSC to surpass the Medicom version of Vader. I'll be very happy with them equaling it in detail. And making it taller.

Darklord Dave said:
I was going to post pics of Marmit vs Medicom, but he beat me to it. However if anyone looking at them thinks the Marmit trooper is better than the Medicom one then the pics really aren't doing them justice. Looking at them side by side the Medicom is as superior to the Marmit as it is to the Hasbro version. The only thing the Marmit has on him is height, but the Medicom trooper fits in with Luke and Vader fine.

The undersuit is far superior with an accurate neck that has the rubber ribbing. The undersuit is kind of a pleather rather than nylon. The helmet and all the armor is a sharper casting and the helmet is more properly proportioned than Marmit's. The Medicom has a proper human head under the helmet too, although it's not painted or detailed. But it does mean the helmet sits better and allow for more poses.

I had almost regretted getting the Medicom, but after receiving it I was glad I did. SSC is going to have to go a long way to beat it. (Same as Vader).

From all of the pictures, i have seen of both the Marmit and the Medicom Vaders, I agree with completely. I could not have put it better myself. I am a bit of a Vader fanatic, and as such have studied the various Vader suits down to the minute details. I can tell you that Medicom's Vader looks waaayyy more accurate than the Marmit version. It is really no contest.

Shaihulud said:
Yes, Attakus 's first Vader is still the ultimate Vader to get...dont get me wrong, Im pro- Sideshow,but the helmet on their new pics is still not movie accurate compare to this (marmit or attakus).

agreed! ss is very innaccurate! :mad: if I could only afford attakus first vader !!:banghead :banghead

ss vader is the worst vader yet. :yuck :yuck :yuck

ss vader is the worst vader yet.

Young Anakin, methinks the dark side clouds your judgement.

I wasn't clear in my earlier post - I was referring to Medicom's Stormtrooper vs. Marmit's stormtrooper. It's difficult to tell about Marmit's Vader, and I think it's unfair to compare the ROTS Medicom Vader with the Marmit ANH version.

Back